Thread: Refurb old seimitsu joystick

Refurb old seimitsu joystick

I have a Sega Astro City that I just came into. I replaced the buttons but I'm trying to just refurb the worn joysticks. They are seimitsu ls-32's. Player 1 has more wear. It has more travel more to reach contacts when going back and forward.

My question is, can I just buy the the parts that cause the the joystick to travel more side to side? If so what parts do I need?

Thanks before hand.

Benimaru's Hairdresser

You can buy Seimitsu LS32 refurb kits, I bought a couple off of Kernow on this forum a while ago, maybe give him a shout he had quite a few at the time.

This will make your sticks shiny and new.
    Fight war not wars.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreathopper View Post
    You can buy Seimitsu LS32 refurb kits, I bought a couple off of Kernow on this forum a while ago, maybe give him a shout he had quite a few at the time.

This will make your sticks shiny and new.
    Were your sticks pretty loose that cause travel/lag? What parts did the kit include? I'll try PM Kernow. Thanks

Sounds to me like you need to replace the spring and actuator. Pretty simple actually.

Sultan of Slugs

speaking of seimitsu joysticks, i need a ls-56 spring receiver. its the little red piece that goes at the bottom.

https://www.akishop.jp/joystick-part...t-9_rec_spring

akishop has it. its less than a dollar but shipping is like 6 bucks

anybody know of a place in the states that might have them? i emailed focusattack but it wasnt helpful

Morden's Lackey

Best stay away from akishop altogether. Their turnaround time and communication has become ridiculous.

Sultan of Slugs

is that right?

ive never ordered from them before. it sucks because i dont know what my options are outside of them

Crazed MVS Addict

Focus Attack is a really good place to look for joystick bits and pieces...plus they carry this stuff....
    https://www.focusattack.com/fa-dab-s...tsu-joysticks/

which is great, cause you get it for much cheaper than a whole friggin tube...I have purchased from them several times, and they have great shipping and communication.

Hope it helps at all....also...Paradise arcade generally has parts for the semitsu/sanwa lines of sticks...but if all else fails...new sticks are pretty cheap.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera369 View Post
    Focus Attack is a really good place to look for joystick bits and pieces...plus they carry this stuff....
    https://www.focusattack.com/fa-dab-s...tsu-joysticks/

which is great, cause you get it for much cheaper than a whole friggin tube...I have purchased from them several times, and they have great shipping and communication.

Hope it helps at all....also...Paradise arcade generally has parts for the semitsu/sanwa lines of sticks...but if all else fails...new sticks are pretty cheap.

Best of luck!
    Thanks, will Check them out. Just needed to know what parts wear out.

Thread Information