Is having no water facilities worse than....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...having no internet?

I mean... just got into work and there's no water due to a burst pipe somewhere in the local area...

...Besides from the obvious... can't flush the toilet and make yourself a coffee stuff...

...I'm pretty OK with it...

NOW... if there was no Internets... I'd be freaking out right about now:D

xROTx

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
For the most part I can live without the internet. Not having clean running water would be a bigger deal for me.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
We have electricity at work but that's it. No water, no toilets, no heating, no phone, no innanetz, and even mobile phone connections are very shaky because our factory lies deep in the woods.

So there. :p

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
For the most part I can live without the internet. Not having clean running water would be a bigger deal for me.

.../me tells the obvious joke... "We wouldn't miss you either... if you had no nets:keke:"... Muhahahahaha... I am on a roll here...

xROTx

PS. I am only spamming this morning cuz I seem to have lost a few War Room Post counts...

I need to get 10K posts so I can edit my own custom rank...:buttcock!:

EDIT. NEW plan... never leave chat to go get booze while Ryogeo and Tak are in there...:D

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
PS. I am only spamming this morning cuz I seem to have lost a few War Room Post counts...

I need to get 10K posts so I can edit my own custom rank...:buttcock!:

I was kinda under the impression that War Room posts don't add to the post count.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I was kinda under the impression that War Room posts don't add to the post count.

They use too.. until one drunken night when I ran out of booze and left chat for 5 FOOKIN' minutes...

...Dem' Mod funsters doing weird stuffs in chat when Rot is on a mission to get whisky:p

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd like to think I'd be okay but only if there's a booze supply or I'm tied up in a tin shack somewhere... I'd rather the former.

You can edit your rank at 10k? I like mine :D

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So many things I take for granted... one day Shroom jokes about my pretentious self, next day he's gone. I take the water of life, fuck the internet.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You can edit your rank at 10k? I like mine :D

You can edit the TEXT... but the custom avatars is a no no...

So... if you reach 10K posts... you'll see an option in your control panel to edit the text bit... HOWEVER, if you use it... you will lose any customs avatars as NO HTML is allowed on your end:D

xROTx

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i will always pick water and heating over anything else. as long as i could use the toilet, have a shower and get heating, everything else comes second.

you can improvise for everything else. can't watch tv? go to the cinema. no internet?, go to an internet cafe.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'd much rather have water than internet. There have been several times over the years, in the winter, when our water pipes have frozen and broke, and we've had to go a day or two without water until they got fixed. A person really doesn't appreciate how convenient running water is until you don't have it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'd much rather have water than internet. There have been several times over the years, in the winter, when our water pipes have frozen and broke, and we've had to go a day or two without water until they got fixed. A person really doesn't appreciate how convenient running water is until you don't have it.

shit and not just running water, but potable water, water you can drink from. lots of countries besides america where tap water is undrinkable. america's got it good, for sure.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I think it depends on the length of the outage. For a few hours, the Internet feels a lot worse than not having running water. For a month...still the internet feels worse, but the running water should be missed a lot more :)

Ip Man

15 Year Member

1+

i can relate to this. i have the shittest boiler in the world. it broke down nearly fifty times in the past twelve years and many times left us without hot water or heating for months on end. i know the pain of going to a relatives house once a week to take a shower. which is why i consider it an absolute essential.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
1+

i can relate to this. i have the shittest boiler in the world. it broke down nearly fifty times in the past twelve years and many times left us without hot water or heating for months on end. i know the pain of going to a relatives house once a week to take a shower. which is why i consider it an absolute essential.

I know that feeling. Our boiler broke down shortly after moving in to our house, and we had no back up funds for a while to replace it.

No internet is a blessing.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I know that feeling. Our boiler broke down shortly after moving in to our house, and we had no back up funds for a while to replace it.

No internet is a blessing.

agreed.

hot running water > food

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
In America, if you're a business and don't have running water, you are not allowed to be open.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You don't need the internet to live. What do people do when they lose power? Read a book?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
A couple weeks ago, we were under a boil water advisory at work (precautionary mostly, never actually found anything in testing). Then one of those days I got home and a main had burst at the end of the street and we didn't have water for the night.

Clean, readily available water is a modern miracle. I'd take that every time over internet. We use 2000-2500 gallons of water a month on average. Think about carrying 75 gallons of water every day to make your life work like it does now without a thought. Although I would be significantly more bored without the internet.

You don't need the internet to live. What do people do when they lose power? Read a book?

Fuck, if we lost power now, I'd have to go to bed at like 5:30 when it gets dark.

Last edited:

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I think you should be asking people from Flint Michigan this question.