Black Friday deals...

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
So far I've bought a whopping total of 1 thing...and it was a Cast Iron Skillet...

I am very tempted to pick up the NeoSD though. Will just have to ask a friend to receive it for me so avoid that whole tax thing. XD

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Was going to pickup that PS4 VR setup w/ Gran Turismo Sport but found out its the old VR model. No point in buying one yet, will probably wait another year. So far no good deals, maybe Cyber Monday.

If you want the new model get the VR with Skyrim
It's on sale too -$100. B&H doesnt charge tax if you are not in NY/NJ.

The Doom VR bundle has the new VR as well but I am not sure when that bundle is coming out.

GT Sport's VR is pretty weak. You can't play online with that and it's only a 2 car race. Just you and the cpu in arcade mode.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
GT Sport's VR is pretty weak. You can't play online with that and it's only a 2 car race. Just you and the cpu in arcade mode.

This is 100% accurate. It is cool for a few races to check out the cars, but otherwise, there isn't much to do with it.

Pretty underwhelmed by the game in general because of you are pretty much forced to race online and I preferred just racing against AI. (Never been one that has enjoyed online gaming all that much.)

I am interested in checking out Skyrim on the VR though. I enjoy my good old model. It will never wow you graphically, but it is still a lot of fun.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
If you want the new model get the VR with Skyrim
It's on sale too -$100. B&H doesnt charge tax if you are not in NY/NJ.

The Doom VR bundle has the new VR as well but I am not sure when that bundle is coming out.

Never cared for Skyrim but this is a much better deal, especially no tax. Thanks man!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Jamma Nation X is having a Black Friday sale. Just picked up a "Shift" (let's you re-assign the buttons on your Neo CD pad) for $5.

Edit: I checked out the NeoSD on SAG, but I think it's really tacky how they put their own branding all over other people's products.

Last edited:

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
What was your total? So far I've found the best Everdrive prices are at Retrogate Shop
View attachment 47411

The price after shipping was $9 more at SAG because I selected the case/slipcover for the Turbo EverDrive, which Retrogate doesn't offer. Everything else was the same when I selected similar options.

I went with SAG because I didn't like the case options at Retrogate (like the black Super Famicom case for the SD2SNES, blech) and the lack of the aforementioned Turbo EverDrive case.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
http://www.stoneagegamer.com/neosd-aes.html

wow, that is shady as hell. that is like GameStop-levels of shadiness. what's up with that? did they cut a deal with the NeoSD guy to do that? Someone ask the guy in that thread.

They're charging the same price as krikzz.com, which they could only do if they were getting EverDrives for less than retail, and I'm assuming that can only happen if they source them from krikzz at a discount. Looks like Retrogate is doing the same thing; all the cart labels have both the krikzz and SAG/Retrogate branding, and the pricing is all pretty much the same. SAG offers more customization options, though.

Pretty sure it's legit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think SAG is legit. And I do think that SAG works with neosd.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Stone Age Gamer have been around doing this sorta thingy for a while... seriously doubt if it's a scam...

They were the guys to get the US distribution of the Neosd device...

Anyway, on Topic... I brought NOTHING on the Black Friday sales...

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Stone Age Gamer have been around doing this sorta thingy for a while... seriously doubt if it's a scam...

They were the guys to get the US distribution of the Neosd device...

Anyway, on Topic... I brought NOTHING on the Black Friday sales...

xROTx

Yea, I've been buying stuff from SAG for years and they are all good.

I also did not buy anything on Black Friday.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
SAG is totally legit. I just think it's tacky that they take someone else's work, design a label for it, and think that earns them the right to put their branding on the product alongside the people who actually made the thing.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
SAG is totally legit. I just think it's tacky that they take someone else's work, design a label for it, and think that earns them the right to put their branding on the product alongside the people who actually made the thing.

Seconded. And they charge to add their branding.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hmmm, I never thought of it that way. I always liked the way SAG Dolled up Krikzz's and now NeoSd's products. I Prefer to have something with a Nice Label and Case over something Loose. I also verified that all my Sag Flash Carts Show the Krikzz and TerraOnion Logo on the Front Label. So Sag want's to put their name out there for advertising purposes, what's the big deal?

I'm pretty sure TerraOnion and Krikzz are happy that there carts sell well through Sag. Everyone is making money.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Seconded. And they charge to add their branding.

They charge to add their branding, luckily for us they probably lose out on that profit on their black Friday sale.

It is all legit, still have to go through Terraonion for updates, and to register the NeoSD.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It just reminds me of Dion and Chris.

SAG hasn't pulled anything else is the difference.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I've been thinking of getting SD2SNES for a long time now, but I was waiting for them to add Super FX support, which was promised from the start. I wouldn't want to shell out for a cartridge, just to see a Mark 2 version get released, with more powerful guts. Also, do I really need it? Decisions decisions ...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I got two copies of Rayman for Switch and Tekken 7. Bought another Steam Link too.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
It just reminds me of Dion and Chris.

SAG hasn't pulled anything else is the difference.

I doubt they've "pulled anything" at all, other than what is probably a legit licensing deal with krikzz that entitles them to add their own labels. The comparisons to Dion and Chris seem especially out of line considering you don't know the details.

In keeping with the thread, I picked up a pair of Audioengine A2+ speakers in red for my retro gaming setup. Should look cool next to my PVM-20L5. I was considering picking up a 65" LG OLED, but I think I might wait until after the holidays to save a bit more. Not in a rush.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Maybe the SAG branding on the cart helps them identify their product for warranty/returns?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been thinking of getting SD2SNES for a long time now, but I was waiting for them to add Super FX support, which was promised from the start. I wouldn't want to shell out for a cartridge, just to see a Mark 2 version get released, with more powerful guts. Also, do I really need it? Decisions decisions ...

The cool thing about the SD2Dnes is that it could play all 3 Mega Man X games unlike the others that only play the first one. Not many Superfx games that I care for other than Kirby but I understand your hesitation since it is pricier Snes flash cart.