What are you all drinking? Post a photo. Bitch.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
No on the expensive shit like you guys

With the amount of cash I've seen you spend on boards, it's a miracle you're not on paint thinner instead of sake.

Finishing this bottle:
a6wsJUml.jpg

I don't mean to sound like some sake snob, but I've had Gekkeikan, and I wasn't impressed. In fact, I thought it was pretty bad. Now I know this is US made [which doesn't have to mean anything, since there are plenty of Japanese sake types, which are simply awful, but I guess you have lower expectations to begin with], and it's a prime example of cheap junmai, but it's a rough drink. The weird thing is, I once checked reviews for this, and they were all oscillating around 4/5 and up. It might be me, though. I'm definitely more of a ginjō fan.

How is the Yamazaki 12? I've seen that bottle around before and always wanted to try it.

It's smooth and fruity, but also hits those oak notes to qualify as a premium winter whisky in my opinion. Some say it's overhyped for the price, but if you're a fan of whisky, you should not be disappointed. However, if you're planning on exploring Japanese flavors, I recommend the Hakushu 12yo. Smooth and light, pure poetry.

As a sidenote, I once did a tour of whisky while playing Yakuza. An exercise I highly recommend. Go to a Yakuza bar, buy some drinks and if the description intrigues you, buy the bottle. Here's a couple of shots from the 2013 Yakuza x Whisky adventure.

DeadSoulsHakushu.jpg

DeadSoulsGlenfiddich.jpg

LaphroaigDeadSouls.jpg

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
You did a whiskey tour....in a game?

I think the real thing would be better.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
You did a whiskey tour....in a game? I think the real thing would be better.

As you can see in the photos, I'm holding up real bottles next to the screen, so it was as real as it can be. Augmented reality at its best. Get real booze at a Yakuza bar.

By the way ... How many of you are drinking Laphroaig? And who's got the most plots?

Last edited:

joala

As you can see in the photos, I'm holding up real bottles next to the screen, so it was as real as it can be. Augmented reality at its best. Get real booze at a Yakuza bar.

Ha, so you are. Its early....

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
With the amount of cash I've seen you spend on boards, it's a miracle you're not on paint thinner instead of sake.

I don't mean to sound like some sake snob, but I've had Gekkeikan, and I wasn't impressed. In fact, I thought it was pretty bad. Now I know this is US made [which doesn't have to mean anything, since there are plenty of Japanese sake types, which are simply awful, but I guess you have lower expectations to begin with], and it's a prime example of cheap junmai, but it's a rough drink. The weird thing is, I once checked reviews for this, and they were all oscillating around 4/5 and up. It might be me, though. I'm definitely more of a ginjō fan.

Its the only sake they have at the local liquor store. Outside of Atl the liquor stores don't really have the good stuff, and if I'm going to order booze, its gonna be Jonny Walker Blue or Black. Still on the search for Victoria Bitter, but the next time I go to the alcohol store I'm trying Bowmore 12 on a recommendation from Rot.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
To celebrate a get from Australia I had a few of these

image.jpeg

*ps turns out it's made in America wtf is that??

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hell yeah Kiel! You finally got that LP :P I am really not helpful at sourcing things like that but I tried right? :lolz:

I love laphroaig, the missus thinks it smells like cough syrup and tastes like burnt wood but I can appreciate it.

joala

Finally breaking out of the old routine

20171224_182806.jpg
20171224_173604.jpg

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
To celebrate a get from Australia I had a few of these

View attachment 48010

Nice! Where did you find this? Seems to be sold out everywhere. Too bad. I want this now.

I love laphroaig, the missus thinks it smells like cough syrup and tastes like burnt wood but I can appreciate it.

She's not wrong, but that's what is so good about Islay whisky. The smell and taste of wood tar. It's so fragrant and pleasant, I could wear it as cologne. My bottle of Four Oak is almost empty. I might go for a bottle of Ardbeg next.

LaphroaigFourOak.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wow....well, I'll say that I was not expecting this at all. My wife hunted down and bought this beauty for me:
bkjGKEc.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Wow....well, I'll say that I was not expecting this at all. My wife hunted down and bought this beauty for me:
bkjGKEc.jpg

Heyo, that's some good stuff. Jonnie Walker is the bees knees combined with a nice cigar.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
IMG_20171225_080613109_LL~01.jpg

Drinking as much beer as I can from this Xmas gift from my wife! It's freaking sweet!

Kiel

20 Year Member
Hell yeah Kiel! You finally got that LP :P I am really not helpful at sourcing things like that but I tried right? :lolz:

Nice! Where did you find this? Seems to be sold out everywhere. Too bad. I want this now.

You did try and I think you for that. Their manager sent me a heads up email the day before they put the last few remaining copies up for sale over at sound-merch.au

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I got this beauty for Christmas. Nikka Pure Malt 17, a very nice version of my favourite Nikka, in a super limited release.

Y8ITskY.jpg

Christmas was also for cognac/soda's.
vYKATOi.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Pretty cunted now, in alcohol hoovering mode. The missus will be pissed when she sees how empty this crap is in the morning.

IMG_20171227_020134.jpg

joala

Pretty cunted now, in alcohol hoovering mode. The missus will be pissed when she sees how empty this crap is in the morning.

View attachment 48030

Lol you go for it mate. Your sentences read well so you can still manage more :keke:

That stuff looks tasty but I bet it gets pretty sickly pretty quickly.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Quick question to some of you booze hounds on this site...Would you crack open that Blade Runner JW Black or would you leave it sealed?

I've been bouncing this around my head all week and still can't come to a conclusion.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Quick question to some of you booze hounds on this site...Would you crack open that Blade Runner JW Black or would you leave it sealed?

I've been bouncing this around my head all week and still can't come to a conclusion.

Same as a video game, leave it on a shelf or use it. Enjoy it. It's a choice, a conversation piece or an enjoyable drink.

Last edited:

Kiel

20 Year Member
I will eventually be opening mine. If you're really on the fence my local shop still has a bottle on hand I can scoop for you

joala

Thats a tough one.

Its just normal JB black inside right? I have quite a few scotchs in the cupboard I dont want to open so I guess I'd be tempted just to buy another JB black to drink and have that one to sit on the shelf

Havent seen any of them here, I would love to buy myself one

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Thats a tough one.

Its just normal JB black inside right? I have quite a few scotchs in the cupboard I dont want to open so I guess I'd be tempted just to buy another JB black to drink and have that one to sit on the shelf

Havent seen any of them here, I would love to buy myself one

I guess is it not standard JW Black...its some kind of blend made especially for those bottles. That’s not saying a ton, and I’m not a huge fan of JW black as-is...this is playing a large role in my not opening it thus far.

I landed up telling my wife that I’m going to reassess it again this time next year. If the value of the bottle goes up, Ill leave it sealed, if it stays the same or goes down, I’ll crack it open.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,

Are you planning on selling it? It's just JW Black Label. If you're keeping it, you might as well enjoy it. I would, for sure. I don't have problems with opening bottles. I sometimes feel bad about finishing them, though, especially if it's the good stuff. Once I had like five nearly empty bottles, without even a glass full in them. Finished it all off one evening. What's the booze good for if not for drinking?

Or ... Make a molotov out of it, and just let it burn, burn, burn ...