What are you all drinking? Post a photo. Bitch.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
oh lachlan loves the stuff. a hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is victoria bitter.

Damn right! cold though it's gotta be cold or it's ratshit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So I'm not a true blue local supporting beer drinker, there's some honesty to start the session off with. But I thought I'd go out of my way this afternoon to pick up a Weihenstephaner Korbinian. What a treat this beer is, it's strong and has a very full bodied flavour.

At $9.00 a bottle though it's a bit pricey for my level of drinking but what a start before the Asahi cans! :lolz:

korbinian.jpg

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Thats some dark shit! I've only had their wheatbeer.

I'm on call this week so no hard sessions for me

Coaster and everything, you fancy bastard...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thats some dark shit! I've only had their wheatbeer.

I'm on call this week so no hard sessions for me

Coaster and everything, you fancy bastard...

Mate it's not as dark as say guinness it ain't a stout but it's pretty dark. Has a somewhat chocolate taste, Im no expert hah. If you want something really fucking dark and 12% strong try a Schneider Aventinus Eisbock. Thats one HELL of a starter! comes in a small unsuspecting bottle and everything haha.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
my favourite beer i kid you not. won't get you drunk but it tastes great.

basicsbitter.jpg

joala

LOL Sainsburys bitter - that is some classy shit my friend.

2.1% - you might as well be drinking shandy!! At least its in a fancy glass

You have some balls for posting this - 10 points

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I am completely sold by that ridiculous advert, no joke.

It's pretty convincing!

I thought I'd rummage through the back of the cool room and find the cheapest 6 pack in the store.... FOSTERS!! alright that's way too much excitement for this average beer. That said it is refreshing as it states on the can, can't knock that.

fosters.jpg

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
If you live in the UK and ever drink Foster's, anyone that has ever been to Australia will be quick to point out that no on in Australia drinks it. I will save this photo for the next time someone tells me that :lolz:

It's true about refreshment though, sometimes it's nice to just have a cool light beer. I like a Coors Light in the summer for the same reason.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
It's pretty convincing!

I thought I'd rummage through the back of the cool room and find the cheapest 6 pack in the store.... FOSTERS!! alright that's way too much excitement for this average beer. That said it is refreshing as it states on the can, can't knock that.

View attachment 47614

Is that really the "go to Australian" beer? They have Paul Hogan advertise it here as "its Australian for beer."

Newcastle is probably my favorite followed by Tequila.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If you live in the UK and ever drink Foster's, anyone that has ever been to Australia will be quick to point out that no on in Australia drinks it. I will save this photo for the next time someone tells me that :lolz:

It's true about refreshment though, sometimes it's nice to just have a cool light beer. I like a Coors Light in the summer for the same reason.

They'll also point out that no one in Australia watches Neighbours, and that they didn't know Rolf Harris was a kiddy fiddler.

joala

You bought Fosters? IN Australia?

Did the guy behind the counter at the bottleO not give you a funny look?? (Or just ban you outright :keke:)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

I might be the first person in Australia to have drunk it!

Neighbours is that shit show teenage girls watch and Fosters isn't even advertised here, I don't even see it advertised in the bottle shops. The go to beers here would be Victoria Bitter / Carlton Draught but that's Victoria, each state has it's own draught beer. By the looks of the bottle shop I went to today which had slabs upon slabs stacked up into towers I'd say it was Corona Extra that was the go to summer beer.

I prefer a stronger tasting beer so if I'm at a pub it'll be a James Squire or something other than the standard draught.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Cracked open my last/only bottle of Goose Island 2015 Bourbon County..

mzc0GOCl.jpg

joala

7.2%....i reckon it would make me an arrogant bastard after a few of those...