The new FireFox is here !

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
So i was pleasently surprised this evening when i got home to see the new version of FireFox was installed. From what i read they made alot of changes to make it run faster and be less of a resource hog with its random memory leaks (when they happen).

Anyone rocking Firefox, been an avid user since 06. Tried Chrome during beta and a few times after didnt like it.

What browser do you guys use B) :glee:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Nice! Thanks for the PSA. I've been using Chrome since the last update f**ked up in browser video playback for me, so it's a relief to be able to go back to Firefox again.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Nice! I'd switched to Edge in the last 6 months. Will have to give old faithful another shot.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I use Vivaldi. It's developed by one of the dudes who made the Opera browser back when it was good. It's based on Chrome and then modified to be highly user configurable and feature-comparable out of the box to the old school Opera.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Netscape Gold Navigator user!

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I use Vivaldi. It's developed by one of the dudes who made the Opera browser back when it was good. It's based on Chrome and then modified to be highly user configurable and feature-comparable out of the box to the old school Opera.

I liked Opera back in the day too my self still favored Firefox though. My first impressions of Chrome beta was literally Opera knock off

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I had switched from firefox to chrome a few years back but now i think going back to firefox. Been using quantum for a few days now and i gotta say i really dig it. Only times i used IE was when i used it to download other browsers on brand new hardware. Its gotten even worse now with all the advertising.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I had switched from firefox to chrome a few years back but now i think going back to firefox. Been using quantum for a few days now and i gotta say i really dig it. Only times i used IE was when i used it to download other browsers on brand new hardware. Its gotten even worse now with all the advertising.

mmm sweet ad's

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I've always used Firefox as my standard browser, but when it lost its ability to use gchat I had to branch out a bit. I'd like to be able to go back to Firefox exclusively at some point though. Can it use gchat again?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Last vestige of Firefox is on the work computer which updated to Quantum. The only other Firefox I still have is v0.9 on my Windows 98 computer. Every other computer uses Chrome or Palemoon.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah I think I'm going back to Firefox. I've used Chrome/Pale Moon for a few years but Chrome is a resource hog and Pale Moon keeps shitting the bed in regards to extensions plus I've run in to all kinds of weird compatibility quirks. Quantum is super fast and I've been able to carry over most of my extensions thus far. Plus it doesn't take up a 1/2 GB of RAM and have seven open processes for 2 tabs of an internet browser.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Quantum is super fast and I've been able to carry over most of my extensions thus far.
ah, this is something I am worried about, the switch to WebExtensions... what do you guys use to block Scripts (I had NoScript for years) and Cookie premissions? I'd really like to manage/block them selectively and per page...

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Currently there is no support for Noscript, but they are working on it.

SO basically you can't go about willy-nilly on the web without it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I like the new interface and speed boost. It also seems to have fairly well carried over to Android and iOS nicely as well.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I dunno wtf happened but I'm this goddamned new update has fucked up my internet even more...stuff is loading slowly/never and some websites, like wikitravel, tell me to input a captcha...except there is no captcha.

SUCK MY BALLS CCP YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS