Limenko sound pot...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I have a Limenko board with what I presume to be a failing sound pot...

Lots of static, depending on how the wheel pot is turned there is no sound...or some sound of varying levels for a few moments...

Here's some pics:
20171116_185200.jpg
20171116_202440.jpg
20171116_202800.jpg

I removed the pot...it has 5 pins. I would assume the pin on the far right would be the ground pin.

There's no rating stamped on the pot...using a multimeter between the ground pin and the far left pin I always read 10.7k, the pins directly to the right of that pin also always reads 10.7k. The two pins to the right of that have their resistance change when the wheel pot is turned...it ranged between 1.2k and 11k...

The Limenko seems to be rather obscure...does anybody have any idea if there's replacement mini wheel pots out there that would work as a replacement???

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member

I did see these...and I'm hoping that they would work!

I'm not sure if the pinouts would match up with the original though...perhaps all 5 pin pots have the same pinouts?? I found this image on google:
F6KQVPAGAPUS878.LARGE.jpg

So it looks like Ground, then Channel R & L in and then Channel L & R out...

Would that make sense with the readings I was getting? The "input" pins were varied by the thumbwheel and the "output" pins always measured a constant 10.7k ohms no matter where the thumbwheel was turned...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Tom - is this Legend of Heroes that I sent you? I can get you a pot from another cart if you're not in a huge rush.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Tom - is this Legend of Heroes that I sent you? I can get you a pot from another cart if you're not in a huge rush.

Indeed it is! Cool pack in board game too by the way, thanks!

You've got spare pots?! Are they still connected to the mobo's? I had a hell of time trying to get it off haha

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Indeed it is! Cool pack in board game too by the way, thanks!

You've got spare pots?! Are they still connected to the mobo's? I had a hell of time trying to get it off haha
I don't have them on hand, but can get them. Sheep has 10 of these boards, 7 of which have issues, so he's selling on the fairly cheap and maybe I can have him send one your way for parts.

This one wasn't from sheep, had it for a couple years, borrowed to Wataru for a year, and then sold to you last week. BUT, the issues w/sheeps boards are graphical, not sound, from what he's described.

Last edited:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Success. I ordered the pots Kid Panda linked above and they were a near perfect drop in replacement. The audio is crisp and clear now, if anybody has Limenko boards out there too...I'd pick up a pack of these spares to keep handy!

20171125_153928.jpg
20171125_154054.jpg