[VIDEO] Snk vs Capcom Jamma Board Issue

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So im having a issue with my svc board. Its been stored away in my closet for the longest. Decided to bust it out today to play on my Neo Candy cab for the first time. When it loads up the screen continuously flickering. I reseated the jamma connector and cleaned the board contact. Nothing changed. My 1 slot board and PB4 work perfectly fine. What should i try next?

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Does the game boot at all? When you say "flickering", do you mean the video is cutting in-and-out, or is the game rebooting? Does anything intelligible appear on the screen?

Pics would help.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
It boots up, you can hear sound, you can see the screen but the screen is flickering/repeatedly running upward. Kind of reminds me of when i plugged the naomi board into my big red and need to switch the 15khz for low res.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Sounds a bit like bad vertical sync - is the picture stable horizontally? Does the monitor have any sync settings, or multiple inputs, you might have wrong? (Wouldn't explain why the 1-slot works, though.)

If you follow the "sync" pin back from the JAMMA edge onto the board, do you see anything obviously wrong?