NEO GEO MVS LEAGUE BOWLING CIRCUIT BOARD QUESTION

Mvs1972

n00b
I recently bought League Bowling for my MVS off eBay and have a question about the pcb board. The boards and chips are all legit and authentic as compared to the images on mvsscans.com. Upon further inspection I noticed a piece on the top right corner of the top/first board was missing and broken off. The piece extends out from the board itself. When looking at the image of the board online I noticed two little black circuits with the words marked "in/out written underneath it was the piece missing from the board. The game fires up and plays as it should but haven't had a long play yet. As I know nothing about pcb boards are these two missing pieces going to be an issue at some point that will affect gameplay? Should I return the game? I would truly appreciate if someone could help me with this. Thanks

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Upon further inspection I noticed a piece on the top right corner of the top/first board was missing and broken off. The piece extends out from the board itself. When looking at the image of the board online I noticed two little black circuits with the words marked "in/out written underneath it was the piece missing from the board.

Sounds like your board is missing one or both of the 3.5mm jack sockets. I have no idea how these could have broken off, but it's a relatively easy fix. I'm not sure if these sockets are standard parts still available today, but I'm guessing you could get pretty close with just about anything. If you're not planning on fixing it, it won't affect the gameplay, unless it's some kind of a shorted out mess. A picture would be nice. These things don't just break off.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
It's possible they were broken off at some point to put the boards into a standard mvs replacement case that didn't have the holes

Mvs1972

n00b
Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out with my question. After reading your responses and doing some research I found out that when league bowling was initially released it was packaged in a shell that had two "headphone" style jacks on the label side of the shell and came packed with a wire. Basically this allowed one cart to be connected to up to 4 more carts via the wire in the arcades for multiplayer. At some point my boards were repacked in a regular shell that did not accommodate the input output jacks so the jacks were removed/broken off. Basically this means the cart can't be linked to other carts from this point forward but will play fine on it's own. Since that what it's intended purpose is I'll keep it. Thanks again

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
It's possible they were broken off at some point to put the boards into a standard mvs replacement case that didn't have the holes

Ha! Extra points for calling it! Why would someone break them off instead of just desoldering them? Seems like a pretty nasty thing to do to a board. Not everyone has a soldering iron, sure, but if you don't, what are you doing inside cartridges to begin with?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ha! Extra points for calling it! Why would someone break them off instead of just desoldering them? Seems like a pretty nasty thing to do to a board. Not everyone has a soldering iron, sure, but if you don't, what are you doing inside cartridges to begin with?

Arcade op isnt going to care. gotta get the cart back on the floor making money.