NFL blitz cab issues. Freezes

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Just got my nfl blitz cab and and after being left on for 30-40 mins it freezes.

Hasn’t froze during play but when left running it freezes.

Odd time the screen is completely wavy before freezes.

5.21 was voltage reading.

Ordered the compact flash kit but won’t be here for a week or so.

Any ideas??

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Dumb question - are you playing NFL blitz or another game in the cabinet? Try any other boards?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
glad you are doing the cf thing. i had a similar problem before i swapped mine out. probably just a failing ide drive thing.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Going to turn down to 5.1 and haven’t had time to try a different board good idea. And uyes its blitz running inside.

Compact flash is a week away. Also going to just get new power supply as well to be safe.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
5.21 does sound high, especially if its at the jamma edge. I try to aim for 5.0v-5.10ish for most boards unless there is a reason to. Once you start reaching 5.25v you are getting extremely close to the maximum tolerances of a lot of chips and will start frying.

I assume you're metering the voltage at the jamma harness edge pcb connector and not the power supply itself as it will be significantly higher there.

If you wanna be even more precise you can measure the voltage at the furthest logic IC. In general though the jamma loom will usually suffice.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Measuring_Voltages

Last edited:

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks for that, will be checking it again on the weekend when I have time. And thanks for that link.