Thread: Suggestions on BNC RGB Cables for consoles?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Armored Scrum Object

Suggestions on BNC RGB Cables for consoles?

Can someone give me a good suggestion of a user or outside source I can get well made RGB Console BNC cables. I would make them my self but I dont have the tools and I have way to many other projects going on right now.

Maybe I can get bulk rates or something from somewhere. Everything i seen on StealBay is stupid expensive and will require me to buy a Scart to BNC adapters for every system I get which is not what I want to do anyways. The consoles will plug into my Extron Switcher and ill just have the respective cables sent to their monitors and inputs.

Edit: Also are there any specific requisites i need for my cables when running them to the Extron Switcher, Sync issues etc. RGB wise I will be running Saturn, Genesis ,N64,Super Nintendo, and maybe Dreamcast and later on Jamma Arcade and Turbo Graphx 16

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Geekman1222; 11-13-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Krauser's Henchman

You're better off using SCART cables and a SCART switch. Much less hassle.
    Sony PVM Club, Blast City Club, Egret II Club, Neo Candy Club
    WTB: Neo Geo MVS-U4 or MVS-U4/29

Psycho Soldier

What exactly is it that you're trying to do. Run consoles into a switch that feeds out to several different monitors?

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    What exactly is it that you're trying to do. Run consoles into a switch that feeds out to several different monitors?
    yes

Psycho Soldier

So, instead of making custom cables can't you just:
    -Buy a scart to BNC and plug that into the input on you BNC switch
    -Buy easy to find scart cables for your consoles.
    -Run the console cables into a scart switch and plug the output into the Scart to BNC cable.
    -Buy easy to find BNC cables and run those from the outputs of your BNC switch to different monitors.

Also, if you're just looking to run the same thing on multiple monitors at the same time, most RGB monitors have outputs on them that you can connect to another monitor via BNC.

First and foremost I'd recommend doing some more reading on things before you start dropping cash. Lots of people start chasing RGB dragons and pour money into it without having the slightest clue what they are doing. There is so much info out there nowadays.
    Last edited by DecepticonZero; 11-13-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    So, instead of making custom cables can't you just:
    -Buy a scart to BNC and plug that into the input on you BNC switch
    -Buy easy to find scart cables for your consoles.
    -Run the console cables into a scart switch and plug the output into the Scart to BNC cable.
    -Buy easy to find BNC cables and run those from the outputs of your BNC switch to different monitors.

Also, if you're just looking to run the same thing on multiple monitors at the same time, most RGB monitors have outputs on them that you can connect to another monitor via BNC.

First and foremost I'd recommend doing some more reading on things before you start dropping cash. Lots of people start chasing RGB dragons and pour money into it without having the slightest clue what they are doing. There is so much info out there nowadays.
    I have done alot of research on the matter just not as much Technical like terminations, cable resistances, and if some systems need sync strippers iirc the Genesis needs a sync strike but i havent researched the topic in many many many months now. I basically got the Cross Point switch read the manual and built a wire diagram for my setup and kinda stopped there for a bit, but now i got a PVM with some trades what better time than now to pick up my research again and go further down this black hole. LOL

But yes your suggestion is actually a good middle grounds.

I was hoping that i could get multiple systems to output to multiple monitors simultaneously iirc from the manual you can do that but i couldnt test the idea yet if not thats fine i had planned around that too. The cross point was dirt cheap anyways. It could be annoying though to have to switch around 2 switchers at once but your idea is definitely cheaper.

Psycho Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Geekman1222 View Post
    I have done alot of research on the matter just not as much Technical like terminations, cable resistances, and if some systems need sync strippers iirc the Genesis needs a sync strike but i havent researched the topic in many many many months now. I basically got the Cross Point switch read the manual and built a wire diagram for my setup and kinda stopped there for a bit, but now i got a PVM with some trades what better time than now to pick up my research again and go further down this black hole. LOL

But yes your suggestion is actually a good middle grounds.

I was hoping that i could get multiple systems to output to multiple monitors simultaneously iirc from the manual you can do that but i couldnt test the idea yet if not thats fine i had planned around that too. The cross point was dirt cheap anyways. It could be annoying though to have to switch around 2 switchers at once but your idea is definitely cheaper.
    On the PVM you have ,nothing should need a sync stripper. On the bigger PVM and XM 29 you will. Just by looking at the list of systems you want to hook up to it, you will need a Saturn Euro Scart cable wired for an ntsc system, an rgb modded N64, a 1 chip SNES with mods or a SNES Jr that's been rgb modded, and a scart cable for the Dreamcast as the PVM doesn't support 31khz from a VGA box.

Thread Information