Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you like in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    I mean, compared to Cory, my account wasn't as funny but nonetheless accurate.
    well i THough it was funnier. cheers mate

edit: damn i used to be fit 4 years ago. that gif is hypnotizing. now I play basketball with 6th graders and get winded after 15 minutes.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    I hear ya. Iíd share a beer with you too.
    Abso-fucking-lutely

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Abso-fucking-lutely
    Honestly, I think it would be fun to have some face to face round table discussions with many members here, even including a few that get under my skin.

I've had some of the best discussions/debates here over the years, it's the reason why I'm still on this site.
    Got so butthurt, had to have anal surgery...

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Carrot View Post
    I purchased an AES and a number of other retarded things like burning rangers US for Saturn CIB and Radiant Silvergun CIB for Saturn when I was working minimum wage., Iím only 22 jeez Iím such an idiot lmao
    I can't say I blame you. I was technically making a good bit over minimum wage when I started rebuilding the collection, but Juneau has an extremely high cost of living (my one bedroom apartment was right around $1,000 per month, just for a frame of reference).

I did the same thing with games (Splatterhouse 2 and Truxton for Genesis were my expensive carts) but I've mostly stayed away from actual games for a while now and used Everdrives. I literally just collect for TG16 and Neo Geo at this time. Well, maybe not literally "at this time" because of my lack of employment, but, you know, going forward, those are the only two systems I currently have plans to buy any legit games for. I'd like to get back into collecting for the Nintendo/Sega consoles, but even when I did have a job, I didn't have the money to collect what I really wanted to.

Actually looking into getting a Saturn as one of my next systems, too. Though, I swore off collecting CD/DVD based games when I was still a kid because I got so sick of used games not fucking working. I'm just picking one up with a cheap-ass sports game and an Action Replay, and setting up the AR as a Pseudo Saturn cart to allow playing CD-Rs. I've waited way too long to try the original Guardian Heroes. XD
    HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE

Quote Originally Posted by ssjlance View Post
    I can't say I blame you. I was technically making a good bit over minimum wage when I started rebuilding the collection, but Juneau has an extremely high cost of living (my one bedroom apartment was right around $1,000 per month, just for a frame of reference).

I did the same thing with games (Splatterhouse 2 and Truxton for Genesis were my expensive carts) but I've mostly stayed away from actual games for a while now and used Everdrives. I literally just collect for TG16 and Neo Geo at this time. Well, maybe not literally "at this time" because of my lack of employment, but, you know, going forward, those are the only two systems I currently have plans to buy any legit games for. I'd like to get back into collecting for the Nintendo/Sega consoles, but even when I did have a job, I didn't have the money to collect what I really wanted to.

Actually looking into getting a Saturn as one of my next systems, too. Though, I swore off collecting CD/DVD based games when I was still a kid because I got so sick of used games not fucking working. I'm just picking one up with a cheap-ass sports game and an Action Replay, and setting up the AR as a Pseudo Saturn cart to allow playing CD-Rs. I've waited way too long to try the original Guardian Heroes. XD
    Dude, you need to take care of your kids on your own before talking about buying video games. SERIOUSLY.

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Dude, you need to take care of your kids on your own before talking about buying video games. SERIOUSLY.
    This shit right here.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    *kid

Also, I am. Kind of the point of everything I've said. Finances are taken care of for the time being, and I'm working on finding employment to get back out on my own around the time of tax return season, as I'll have the money for a deposit on a place. In the meantime, I spend all day hanging out with and taking care of my daughter and look through listings and fill out applications while she's asleep. The collecting was started a couple of years back, and literally the only thing I've purchased since her mother's death in June is the Neo Geo last month, and, as I said, even that was bought with the mindset of, "There's a really good chance you're going to need to sell this in a few months."

And if I do? Fuck it. It's material shit. It can be replaced, and if not, at least I got the experience of owning one for a bit, fulfilling a dream I've had since childhood.
    Last edited by ssjlance; 11-14-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Clarity.
    HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE

I was Born This Ugly.
    *kid
    Nope...pretty sure he meant kids...as in you and yours...

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Nope...pretty sure he meant kids...as in you and yours...
    That doesn't fit with his wording, but I still get the joke. Either way, I've sold off everything that wasn't a console or Everdrive already except for under a dozen games, and more shit's about to go up if I don't hear back from any potential employers here soon.

I mean, I get the whole thing about "take care of your shit," but that's what I'm in the process of doing. A few months back, I had a few dozen games each for NES and Genesis that went out the window to cover various costs. A few systems have gotten the axe along the way as well, like my PS1/PS2, Atari 2600, and GBA SP.

If I have to sell more shit off, I have to sell more shit off. If I don't, I don't, and that's neat. However that goes, I have it planned out and haven't bought anything except the Neo Geo in the last half-year or so, and have sold off WAY more. I just don't really go out and do things for fun. What little money I had that I could spend, I decided to go all out on an AES and at least be able to play it for a while before I have to get rid of literally everything, if it comes down to that.
    HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    That doesn't fit with his wording, but I still get the joke. Either way, I've sold off everything that wasn't a console or Everdrive already except for under a dozen games, and more shit's about to go up if I don't hear back from any potential employers here soon.

I mean, I get the whole thing about "take care of your shit," but that's what I'm in the process of doing. A few months back, I had a few dozen games each for NES and Genesis that went out the window to cover various costs. A few systems have gotten the axe along the way as well, like my PS1/PS2, Atari 2600, and GBA SP.

If I have to sell more shit off, I have to sell more shit off. If I don't, I don't, and that's neat. However that goes, I have it planned out and haven't bought anything except the Neo Geo in the last half-year or so, and have sold off WAY more. I just don't really go out and do things for fun. What little money I had that I could spend, I decided to go all out on an AES and at least be able to play it for a while before I have to get rid of literally everything, if it comes down to that.
    Sounds like more excuses to be worthless...Instead of going on Neo-geo you should be out there trying make money. Instead of buying games you should be thinking about your "kid" college fund.

When i had my first child, i had barely above minimum like $9 an hour. We both worked & i had to take another part time to pay for food, school, & bills. My significant other worked & went to school same time. No time to play or even sleep.

Now i make 5 figures a month, yet im still scrapping & even saving more. Making sure every little thing gets paid for, IRAs, savings, college fund, vacation savings, etc...I sacrifice to make sure my family gets everything now & later.

I enjoy nice things too but man when i hear guys who has kids...who dont have jobs & or making minmum wage collecting video games just irks me. Sorry about the loss of your wife but you got to take care of your kid first & foremost. I really dont see how you can do that with no/low paying job.

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    Now i make 5 figures a month, yet im still scrapping & even saving more. Making sure every little thing gets paid for, IRAs, savings, college fund, vacation savings, etc...I sacrifice to make sure my family gets everything now & later.
    If by "5 figures" you mean $100.00 then fuk yeah, me too bruh...

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.
    Holy shit I had no idea being a professional Street Fighter player paid so much!

Why in the world did you go into retirement HDR???!!!

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    Holy shit I had no idea being a professional Street Fighter player paid so much!

Why in the world did you go into retirement HDR???!!!
    Higher pay job

Yamazaki's Pupil

Sounds like more excuses to be worthless...Instead of going on Neo-geo you should be out there trying make money. Instead of buying games you should be thinking about your "kid" college fund.

When i had my first child, i had barely above minimum like $9 an hour. We both worked & i had to take another part time to pay for food, school, & bills. My significant other worked & went to school same time. No time to play or even sleep.

I enjoy nice things too but man when i hear guys who has kids...who dont have jobs & or making minmum wage collecting video games just irks me. Sorry about the loss of your wife but you got to take care of your kid first & foremost. I really dont see how you can do that with no/low paying job.
    Guys girlfriend died less than six months ago leaving him as a single parent. Shut the fuck up.

Guys girlfriend died less than six months ago leaving him as a single parent. Shut the fuck up.
    Yeah guy has no job but trying to collect TG16 & Neo-geo games...You shut the fuck up man. Sorry that his wife died but he needs to set his priority straight.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Yeah guy has no job but trying to collect TG16 & Neo-geo games...You shut the fuck up man. Sorry that his wife died but he needs to set his priority straight.
    It wasn't his wife, it was his girlfriend. It might seem like a petty point to make but it's an important insight into how quickly you skim read the guys life falling apart just so you could get to the bit where you get to tell everyone about how great you are and how you think people should live.

Protip: he just wanted people to listen to his story.

It wasn't his wife, it was his girlfriend. It might seem like a petty point to make but it's an important insight into how quickly you skim read the guys life falling apart just so you could get to the bit where you get to tell everyone about how great you are and how you think people should live.

Protip: he just wanted people to listen to his story.
    Only read 3rd page...read his first post just now and I wouldn't have change a thing in my post except the gf to wife.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Only read 3rd page...read his first post just now and I wouldn't have change a thing in my post except the gf to wife.
    I said it on the 3rd page, you obviously didn't read that either.

I said it on the 3rd page, you obviously didn't read that either.
    You said it not him. The only post I read previously of his was the last page which says his daughter mother past away.

With that said does it really fucking matter if it's his gf or wife. Guy wants to collect tg16 and aes games with a kid and no job. Don't defend stupid.

Yamazaki's Pupil

You said it not him. The only post I read previously of his was the last page which says his daughter mother past away.

With that said does it really fucking matter if it's his gf or wife. Guy wants to collect tg16 and aes games with a kid and no job. Don't defend stupid.
    I'm defending grief, you're defending presumption. I hope nothing horrible ever happens to you, like your husband dying.

Some Sort of Brain Damaged Buddha terry.330's Avatar
    If Kurt Cobain had sex with Jim Gaffigan. No presumption needed.
    Spoiler:

instagrams: sapienart

Average Joe: Do you think the internet has ruined me?

Me: No, I think it's ruined all of us.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Edit: http://chinesefagit.ytmnd.com/ is still alive since 2003
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by CORY View Post
    OMG I think I just died.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CORY View Post
    Quality!

I want to believe but I'm cautious of people with tear jerker stories.

It's the warroom and all.
    Last edited by Syn; 11-14-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Quality!

I want to believe but I'm cautious of people with tear jerker stories.

It's the warroom and all.
    Bitches like Stephaniek loves sads stories. She will probably start a gofundme on ssjlance, that way he can complete his tg16 and aes collection. Make it so

Thread Information