Neo Geo Aes cart too tight

matabhaine

n00b
I did a search of the net and on this sight, hope this is the right area for my query: My KOF 2000 cart is a struggle to get out of the console, has anyone else had this problem with a cart, my carts seem to range from slips in nicely to a bit more pressure is needed, but this cart seems determined to stay in the console, its a bit stiff going in but murder to get it out.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So much innuendo, so little time

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
It is normal, some cartridges are slighter thicker or thinner than others due to SNK's QC.

Only way to really fix it is to remove your dust flaps/sand the insertion guides on the aes housing. This also has an added benefit of reducing and eliminating insertion marks.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Some AES consoles are tighter than others. It depends on age and how often BBCs (big black carts) are inserted. In general, JP holes are tighter but YMMV.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Some AES consoles are tighter than others. It depends on age and how often BBCs (big black carts) are inserted. In general, JP holes are tighter but YMMV.

So if OP keeps inserting it over and over and over will it loosen up eventually?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lube it With Some DeoXit and you should be good to go. Don't worry, the Neo Could handle the BBC (Big Black Cart).

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Are Korean AES the tightest? Maybe Maury V will know with his expertise.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Remove the dust flaps? What the fuck the dust flaps are the best part!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
maybe he's got a US KoF 2000? I think the US is known for having thicker ones than the JPN variant?

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Helps if the cart is legit?

cough*metalslug*cough

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
matabhaine, amongst other interests, is a "martial artist". That would imply some measure of strength.
Can't believe a little old video game cart would give him this much hassle. ;p

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
The last few releases were very badly made,KOF2001-03 and SSVS had bulges in the middle, I had to take apart and trim the plastic locating dowels.

Never had a problem with pre KOF2K1 carts

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sometimes you've gotta just push it in like you're busting through the enemy line, really go for it like your mates lives depend on it because lets face it some of these slots are tougher than others.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm almost certain that whoever owned it before you and opened it up, put the PCB divider in the wrong way, that would push the front of the cart more forward.