Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masons... Templar Knights... Weird Cults... Religions...

Calvin & Hobbes

Arrow Masons... Templar Knights... Weird Cults... Religions...

Anyone a member of such organisations... and WTF do you do there?

xROTx

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Anyone a member of such organisations... and WTF do you do there?

xROTx
    As we say, if you want to know, you need only to ask to join. :P

Crawley's Sergeant
    Oh, you know, volunteering in the community, pizza parties beneath the Denver airport, sacrifices to Moloch. Normal stuff.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by wju2004 View Post
    As we say, if you want to know, you need only to ask to join. :P
    Is it like secret handshakes and wearing one leg of your trousers slightly up?

ALSO... if you're part of a secret organisation... do they help you climb the social/business ladder? or help you become a serial killer like in The Mentalist...

xROTx

Crazed MVS Addict

ALSO... if you're part of a secret organisation... do they help you climb the social/business ladder? or help you become a serial killer like in The Mentalist...

xROTx
    It can help you make connections, but doens't mean you're going to climb any ladder to anywhere.

But we aren't trying to take over the world. Hell, we can't even decide what to eat after the meeting.

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    Don't forget the Skulls, Stonecutters and the CotFSM.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
    A State Whose Motto Is: Wisdom, Justice, & Moderation.
    There's always the Sama Conspiracy.
    You could ask Kickin'Wing...
    If he didn't fall victim to the Sama Conspiracy, that is.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.
    My father was a mason and when he passed I had a bunch of books on the subject to decide what to do with. The mason's meant a lot to him so out of respect I disposed of them without checking them out. Well, respect and I had zero interest in reading the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    My father was a mason and when he passed I had a bunch of books on the subject to decide what to do with. The mason's meant a lot to him so out of respect I disposed of them without checking them out. Well, respect and I had zero interest in reading the books.
    Their literature is encoded with words and references that only members would get...no point in reading them.

I still get mail for the previous home owner (who was a 14th degree mason) one envelope had a list of every member in my city with his rank.

True story time: I woke up in the middle of the night from the sound of a small steel object landing on my nightstand...in the morning I checked to see what it was and I found the old guys masonic ring....I'm still not sure what happened but if more objects keep moving around by themselves I'm gonna have to return the fucking ring.

I was Born This Ugly.
    My good friend is a Mason...there's really much less to it than most claim. They have get-together events, drink a ton a beer, raise a bunch of $$ for charities...that's about it.

Religions? I was raised in holy-roller, my wife a Jehova's Witness...neither of us have anything to do with it now. I can write a book on those two religions.
    Got so butthurt, had to have anal surgery...

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    My good friend is a Mason...there's really much less to it than most claim. They have get-together events, drink a ton a beer, raise a bunch of $$ for charities...that's about it.

Religions? I was raised in holy-roller, my wife a Jehova's Witness...neither of us have anything to do with it now. I can write a book on those two religions.
    Deuce used to own snakes.

Probably for his cult of Samurai Shodown RPG Translation Devotees.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Don't forget the Skulls, Stonecutters and the CotFSM.
    Skullz?

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Skullz?
    Skulls.
    Take a bite out of crime.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.
    The Fraternal Order Of Water Buffalos

Calvin & Hobbes

This is CORY'S Secret cult...

Luckily... I think the Canadian Authorities finally caught him..

xROTx

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!
    This is CORY'S Secret cult...

Luckily... I think the Canadian Authorities finally caught him..

xROTx
    "There has been no explanation as to why five people were not wearing any clothes on a Monday morning in subzero temperatures."

LMAO

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CORY View Post
    "There has been no explanation as to why five people were not wearing any clothes on a Monday morning in subzero temperatures."

LMAO
    In Finland, they'd be like what were the Dudesons doing?

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Poonman View Post
    Their literature is encoded with words and references that only members would get...no point in reading them.

I still get mail for the previous home owner (who was a 14th degree mason) one envelope had a list of every member in my city with his rank.

True story time: I woke up in the middle of the night from the sound of a small steel object landing on my nightstand...in the morning I checked to see what it was and I found the old guys masonic ring....I'm still not sure what happened but if more objects keep moving around by themselves I'm gonna have to return the fucking ring.
    Very true. Most everything that has to do with the degrees is written in code. Takes a while to learn it, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post

Honestly probably one of the most accurate statements...minus the beer. Not that we can't drink beer, but at least in my state, all lodges, except for the Shriners is dry.

Sort of odd really since most of the colonial lodges were inside bars.

Curious question wju2004: Is Masonry considered a religious gathering, or are there Masons that practice a faith like Catholicism and go to church as well as the Masonic gatherings? I'm basically wondering if a gathering is compared to mass, in the same way that Jehova's Witnesses refer to their 'mass' as 'meetings'.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Basically. You get together and do weird vaguely ritualistic stuff from time to time, but it's mostly just shooting the shit and raising money for charity. A little bit of God/Jesus seems to be thrown into the mix, but it's not the most important part. I remember having to kiss a bible at one point, which was one of those requests that took me a moment to process.

"You... want me to kiss the pages of this book? Like, with my mouth? Why? Well, whatever."

My father was a mason for a while (I guess still is technically, probably, but hasn't had anything to do with them in years). I was briefly in Demolay (Mason related child group for boys) so he could be in the good graces of my uncle, who was in charge of the Demolay group. I went along with it for the one little get-together we had, and then I outright told my uncle I had no interest in ever doing it again when he asked what me and my brother thought. I don't remember what I said. It was fairly polite, but left no room to interpret it as anything less than, "I didn't get it and never want to return if it's up to me."

The main thing I remember him telling me about was the initiation; they cover up your head in a hood and lead you somewhere, and proceed to knock the shit out of you. Not like a sustained beating, but they give you a good smack to the head and knock you to the ground. More of a light hazing than actual assault.
    HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE

NEST Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    The Fraternal Order Of Water Buffalos
    I believe it's called "The loyal order of water buffalo", good sir.

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Renmauzo View Post
    Curious question wju2004: Is Masonry considered a religious gathering, or are there Masons that practice a faith like Catholicism and go to church as well as the Masonic gatherings? I'm basically wondering if a gathering is compared to mass, in the same way that Jehova's Witnesses refer to their 'mass' as 'meetings'.
    Nah. That is one key thing about the Masons is that it's not a religious gathering. Infact, Freemasonry is accepting of all religions. The only group within all the bodies that is truly Christian is the Knight's Templar. Within a lodge, there is to be no discussion of religion, politics or anything of that nature.

I even heard of a lodge over on Jerusalem that has members that are Jewish, Christian and Muslim.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    There's a weird religious vibe to it... definitely in Demolay, at least. There wasn't preaching of Jesus as I recall, but God was mentioned and there was a bible.

Maybe someone with more knowledge or experience can weigh in on what the hell my memories are about. Most of it's pretty vague, but the whole "kissing the bible" thing is something me and my brother will never, ever forget because it just struck both of us as so weird.

There's also some distinction between Demolay and the Freemasons, but they're very closely related. It was just fucking weird and I was really uncomfortable the entire time I was there and have forgotten most of it, likely because of how unpleasant I found the general experience to be.

Wiki link.
    Last edited by ssjlance; 11-11-2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Grammar
    HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE

Dogg-Father
    I believe both my grandfathers were a 32nd degree Mason and up in the Scottish Rite. I have some of their books and papers.
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ssjlance View Post
    There's a weird religious vibe to it... definitely in Demolay, at least. There wasn't preaching of Jesus as I recall, but God was mentioned and there was a bible.

Maybe someone with more knowledge or experience can weigh in on what the hell my memories are about. Most of it's pretty vague, but the whole "kissing the bible" thing is something me and my brother will never, ever forget because it just struck both of us as so weird.

There's also some distinction between Demolay and the Freemasons, but they're very closely related. It was just fucking weird and I was really uncomfortable the entire time I was there and have forgotten most of it, likely because of how unpleasant I found the general experience to be.

Wiki link.
    I can understand why that would seem weird and uncomfortable. It was just more symbolic than anything. There are religious tones to most everything in Freemasonry, but there is no set religion. It's really hard to explain, honestly. Probably why people think it's a weird, secret religious cult.

God is usually reference as "Great Architect of the Universe" as a way of being all encompassing.

They key for Freemasonry anymore is just the betterment of a person and helping throughout the community. Each lodge tends to have their one big event. Our's is a Gold Scramble where we raise money to give out scholarships to local schools. I know another does a fishing day for the local children, even giving them free fishing poles.

I've met a lot of people I would otherwise never have met. Not to mention the history of the whole thing is quite interesting.

Thread Information