Louis CK is next man up in the Weinstein-Spacey chain

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
There ya go more groping allegations against Franken.

Habitual line stepper at the very least.

I'm calling bullshit. The first accusation has some questionable stuff floating around it (source of the photo, Roger Stone's possible involvement), hence Franken's insistence it go straight to the ethics panel for investigation, and this second one just sounds stupid. He grabbed some girl's ass during one of a thousand photo ops while her husband took the picture? Come on.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm calling bullshit. The first accusation has some questionable stuff floating around it (source of the photo, Roger Stone's possible involvement), hence Franken's insistence it go straight to the ethics panel for investigation, and this second one just sounds stupid. He grabbed some girl's ass during one of a thousand photo ops while her husband took the picture? Come on.

I didn’t think of the Roger Stone mark on this, but you’re probably right.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Charlie Rose next in the hot seat now.

So are we having the conversation about sexual harassment

Or are we having a witch hunt?

Because I would love to see us get rid of sexual harassment

But witch hunting is counter productive.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
So are we having the conversation about sexual harassment

Or are we having a witch hunt?

Because I would love to see us get rid of sexual harassment

But witch hunting is counter productive.

This is a purge. Expect lots of old guys who used their positions as a means to chase women to go down hard.

I have no problem with it when the harassment occurs in a professional context, though. If a dude hits on a girl at a bar and she's not interested, it's not sexual harassment because of the context; she just rejects him and has a good laugh with her friends at his expense. If he does it at a professional venue (office, convention, etc.) to women who are in subordinate positions, he's putting them in an uncomfortable position and setting himself up for a firing.

What's bullshit about Rose is his morning show co-hosts lining up against him when they make all kinds of inappropriate, pseudo-sexual comments on the show practically every day and he laughs it off because that's what dudes are supposed to do when gross old ladies talk about sex.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is a purge. Expect lots of old guys who used their positions as a means to chase women to go down hard.

I have no problem with it when the harassment occurs in a professional context, though. If a dude hits on a girl at a bar and she's not interested, it's not sexual harassment because of the context; she just rejects him and has a good laugh with her friends at his expense. If he does it at a professional venue (office, convention, etc.) to women who are in subordinate positions, he's putting them in an uncomfortable position and setting himself up for a firing.

What's bullshit about Rose is his morning show co-hosts lining up against him when they make all kinds of inappropriate, pseudo-sexual comments on the show practically every day and he laughs it off because that's what dudes are supposed to do when gross old ladies talk about sex.

This. Charlie got harassed on air all the time by these turncoat bitches!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm not buying ALL of these accusations.
Using persuasion on a completely cognizant person in order to get sex is not a violation or predatory.
Hell, lying to someone about yourself in order to get sex from an adult is still just fine.

One of these news outlets is gonna get f'd by a Hulk Hogan v Gawker situation.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
I'm not buying ALL of these accusations.
Using persuasion on a completely cognizant person in order to get sex is not a violation or predatory.
Hell, lying to someone about yourself in order to get sex from an adult is still just fine.

It's the power relationship established through the workplace that's getting these guys into trouble.

Lame pickup line at a bar = totally fine

Lame pickup line at a work function = gross (unless she thinks you're hot, in which case you're totally fine, until it goes to shit and the story gets twisted and you lose your job)

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's the power relationship established through the workplace that's getting these guys into trouble.

Yeah but the Power is implied by the victims. Power is not a real thing.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Tell that to the 90 people on Weinsteins 'hit list'

So you are saying you would go into video chat with Rot just because he invited you?
you deserve what happens if you do that.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Dumbass Franken announced his resignation (not immediate, but within the month). Blamed the Republicans.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Dumbass Franken announced his resignation (not immediate, but within the month). Blamed the Republicans.

Yeah he probably thinks it’s going to mean something. Fact is trump isn’t going anywhere and republic kiddy fuckers aren’t either.

Waste of effort. Democrats are idiots.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
He seems to pretty clearly believe that he's being forced out, and that he honestly feels like he didn't do anything deserving of punishment.

I hate to see this side of a guy I used to really like, but I'm glad we're seeing it now instead of in two and a half years as the Democratic nominee.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
He seems to pretty clearly believe that he's being forced out, and that he honestly feels like he didn't do anything deserving of punishment.

I hate to see this side of a guy I used to really like, but I'm glad we're seeing it now instead of in two and a half years as the Democratic nominee.

Tweeden accusation is a setup, the rest are anonymous/suspicious that he says didn't go down the way they're portrayed, and he flatly denies the most recent.

Agree with NeoCverA. Dems are idiots. They don't deserve to win; the Republicans consistently outmaneuver them. Never admit fault and never apologize.

Franken thought he could count on his teammates to rally around him if he prostrated himself in front of the party. He learned a hard lesson...one which I've recently accepted as a lifelong liberal: they enjoy nothing more than to eat their own, to point a finger and say, "HA! I knew that I was a better person than you!"

We're going to end up with a congress full of neocon scumbags and angsty SJWs eager to prove who knows best.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If there's a way to lose, the Democrats will find it.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Agree with NeoCverA. Dems are idiots. They don't deserve to win; the Republicans consistently outmaneuver them. Never admit fault and never apologize.

That's an unorthodox use of "deserve". I'd say quite the opposite - an introspective and apologetic person deserves to win but won't.

If there's a way to lose, the Democrats will find it.

They just have to nominate someone who's not a total shit sandwich. So, 50-50.

Last edited:

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
That's an unorthodox use of "deserve". I'd say quite the opposite - an introspective and apologetic person deserves to win but won't.

Franken is introspective and apologetic, and in the court of public opinion, he did win. Looking at social media, liberals mostly agreed that he didn't deserve to lose his job even if the allegations turned out to be true (which many believe they aren't).

In terms of "deserve", I was referring to the Senate Democrat lynch mob who threw Franken under the bus. They don't deserve a future victory for sacrificing a real people's senator in the name of political expediency. Senate Democrats have convinced themselves that if Roy Moore makes it to the Senate, they'll now have the political juice to get him tossed out because they made an example out of Franken. What they still don't seem to understand is that Republicans care more about winning than claiming the moral high ground and won't pay any mind to a bunch of screeching liberals demanding Moore's head.

They just have to nominate someone who's not a total shit sandwich. So, 50-50.

Hillary may not be the charmer Obama is, but she was far from a total shit sandwich -- and to any rational adult, an easy choice over the tangerine queen. The popular vote indicated that the public agrees. This presidential election was such a perfect shitstorm I'm not sure Obama could've won a third term with our Electoral College, despite his overwhelming popularity.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
No, not Tavis Smiley. NOT TAVIS SMILEY.