Best modern 3D game engine

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
There are other sub-forums other than General.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Wrong forum, General Discussion is meant for Neo discussion.

Next time, make sure to start your thread in the right subforum, I'm getting tired moving things to Unrelated.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Wrong forum, General Discussion is meant for Neo discussion.

Next time, make sure to start your thread in the right subforum, I'm getting tired moving things to Unrelated.

Z3ZGoNe.png

:keke:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
All games look the same. They need something to really stand out. I'm not aware of any "modern" engine that fits that bill. I have yet to play Doom/Quake Champions but it could possibly be that... ONLY if strafe jumping works.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Unless you have an actual team of developers Unity is the only option. Otherwise use Unreal Engine. Cryengine isn't even an option for indie game development.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Thewildlombax, you seem to really get this place. I'm sure you'll fit in very well.

I'm sure andsuchisdeath is probably packing up those Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank protos right now getting them ready to sell and ship to you.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I can draw with crayons and a pen and send it to you if you want it's a good engine

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I have yet to play Doom/Quake Champions but it could possibly be that... ONLY if strafe jumping works.

Quake Champions has strafejumping but it uses the Saber engine which is horrible. I really wanted the game to be good but it really isn't :/ Well, no need to get a gaming pc again.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Quake Champions has strafejumping but it uses the Saber engine which is horrible. I really wanted the game to be good but it really isn't :/ Well, no need to get a gaming pc again.

I will be able to find out. I have Quake Champions already installed and ready to go but I haven't played it yet. I also have Quake 3 on the same computer but even so that movement type is in muscle memory by this point. I can pick it back up again in less than a minute. But if it doesn't play the same as Quake 3, or close enough, I'll end up just using WSAD and not be so serious about it. I mean, when I play Quake 3 I use weird controls (arrow keys, right click for jump, bind the taunt key etc) and a different keyboard. But if QC doesn't replicate well enough I will just play using normal controls.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I needed to makes thread to get PM privileges

Pretty brazen admission here.

a) Make thread solely to get PM privileges.

b) Need PM privileges to use marketplace.

Knowing this, why would anyone want to dialog with you?

Also, since when do people in AU write such poor English?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Pretty brazen admission here.

a) Make thread solely to get PM privileges.

b) Need PM privileges to use marketplace.

Knowing this, why would anyone want to dialog with you?

Also, since when do people in AU write such poor English?

c) Finding someone willing to give you a sweet deal right off the bat.

People notice new people who aren't here for tech support immediately. A lot of good people wanting to discuss game play or info about the NeoSD, Unibios, etc. Then there are those who want things, preferably on a silver plate, who are treated different.

You most importantly can still change people's perception of you. ;)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I don't think he's coming back. Probably moved on to the FB groups where people don't give AF.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
uh for what?
for cross platform?
or just for teh pretty colors?