The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Everytime someone mentions a Konami game I get sad that Konami is basically dead. Wonder what happened to all those talented people who made Contra, Castlevania, Goemon etc.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Everytime someone mentions a Konami game I get sad that Konami is basically dead. Wonder what happened to all those talented people who made Contra, Castlevania, Goemon etc.

They left. Treasure, and kickstarter.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I care about 6 games on that list. Would not buy.

Don't worry, you couldn't get one even if you wanted as Nintendo will not produce enough due to a worldwide shortage of plastic and capacitors. They have only been making games in some fashion since 1889, give them time they will figure this whole supply and demand thing out eventually.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
there are 2 things that would convince me to buy this -

1. do the games run at more than 15 FPS or otherwise have some of the N64's graphical BS fixed?
2. what about the controller? Even if the emulation is shitty, if the joystick provides us with a new design, it could lead to better N64 controller longevity.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Don't worry, you couldn't get one even if you wanted as Nintendo will not produce enough due to a worldwide shortage of plastic and capacitors. They have only been making games in some fashion since 1889, give them time they will figure this whole supply and demand thing out eventually.

Hey man Nintendium is hard to produce. Some say even Nintendo doesn't know the recipe and resorts to cannibalizing systems of old.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
its your opinion that its top 3. its a fact its number one. Yes both Goemon games together hold the number one spot

Well I'm just saying OOT and Majoras Mask. It's close to those but I think Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon falls slightly behind. Except the giant robot fights. One of the best things in gaming is the mystical ninja boss fight intro, and boss fights.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So does anyone know when preorders go live?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So does anyone know when preorders go live?

I believe you missed the NES preorder, I know you missed the SNES so why bother?

Sooner or later someone hooks you up and they will again...if needed.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
A mostly disappointing yet believable list.

If the Japanese version includes at least Ogre Battle 64, and Goemon 64, and Wonder Project J2, and Yuke Yuke Trouble Makers, it might actually be worth buying.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I believe you missed the NES preorder, I know you missed the SNES so why bother?

Sooner or later someone hooks you up and they will again...if needed.

Hehehe. I actually got a preorder in for the Classic NES from Target when NTM posted a link. I remember because i ordered it from the bathroom during my morning poop. I did miss the Classic SNES preorders, but happened to find one in the wild a couple of weeks after release during an early morning Target run on a Saturday.

But yeah the community treats me well. :)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
LOL...I'll just get the thing so I can hack the NES OS on it, make a N64 actually be useful, for once.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I don't think they will skip out on the top fps shooter of the system but who knows. Not a bad list but they can easily add at least 10 games.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Hehehe. I actually got a preorder in for the Classic NES from Target when NTM posted a link. I remember because i ordered it from the bathroom during my morning poop. I did miss the Classic SNES preorders, but happened to find one in the wild a couple of weeks after release during an early morning Target run on a Saturday.

But yeah the community treats me well. :)

NTM is the sole reason I got my SNES classic so quickly.

All hail NTM × 100!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The big question would be if it has different modes for the anti-aliasing. Preferably removing it altogether.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The bigger question would be if it has different modes for the terrible graphics. Preferably removing it altogether.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
there are 2 things that would convince me to buy this - 1. do the games run at more than 15 FPS or otherwise have some of the N64's graphical BS fixed? 2. what about the controller? Even if the emulation is shitty, if the joystick provides us with a new design, it could lead to better N64 controller longevity.

But if they did that, what's the point? It's not a N64 anymore. Just an emu-box trying to make the games look different. Not that it wouldn't be an emu-box if it didn't correct anything, but if we're moving away from the original hardware and how it rendered the games, we might just as well configure an emulator to do something similar.

Either way, Nintendo doesn't give a shit. They like counting money, though. That's why they released virtual console games [ROMs] without optimizing them for PAL, which is why they ran slower. I mean, come on ... What is this? PSOne? This is how much they care. So forget about major improvements. They didn't even fix the framerate in N64 Zelda games when they released them on Gamecube. Because why bother.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
But if they did that, what's the point? It's not a N64 anymore. Just an emu-box trying to make the games look different. Not that it wouldn't be an emu-box if it didn't correct anything, but if we're moving away from the original hardware and how it rendered the games, we might just as well configure an emulator to do something similar.

Either way, Nintendo doesn't give a shit. They like counting money, though. That's why they released virtual console games [ROMs] without optimizing them for PAL, which is why they ran slower. I mean, come on ... What is this? PSOne? This is how much they care. So forget about major improvements. They didn't even fix the framerate in N64 Zelda games when they released them on Gamecube. Because why bother.

Im not sure about the framerate but i do believe they improved performance on the GCN/N64 Zelda games.

I dont remember what exactly they change but i do remember reading am improvement list years ago

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm still waiting on a virtual console "console". Screw all this eshop bullshit, screw all the classic consoles, and just make one with an emulator for every nintendo console, a TB hard drive, and allow online multiplayer. Then just sell the shit out of digital games.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm still waiting on a virtual console "console". Screw all this eshop bullshit, screw all the classic consoles, and just make one with an emulator for every nintendo console, a TB hard drive, and allow online multiplayer. Then just sell the shit out of digital games.

The problem there is eventually Nintendo would run out of people to sell digital games to. It's why your Wii purchases weren't transferable to your Nintendo Network ID on the Wii U and so on with the Switch.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The bigger question would be if it has different modes for the terrible graphics. Preferably removing it altogether.

I'm hoping for some awesome new filters...you know, like milkwater, WTF, or blurry as fuck...

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
They probably thought about that, but isn't financially smart.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
You know what game didn't hold up well to me? Goldeneye. If we're to get one of these I would mod it and add more games. But not add that turd.

However it should come with winback, goemon, and castlevania.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i beat castlevania on easy mode and then it said 'try harder to get the real ending' and i never did it again

thinking back it's interesting how konami attempted a 3d castlevania. i always kinda liked it. disappointed the vampire enemies ended up looking different from what was seen in preview screens.