The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So many sad people that come into a thread about a console they don't like just to tell us they don't like it. Buncha lonesages.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So many sad people that come into a thread about a console they don't like just to tell us they don't like it. Buncha lonesages.
Lol sorry, wasn't my intention to poopoo the thread. I had a 64, but I just don't remember it like I remember the snes/genny or the ps/saturn.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
I'm guessing that I'm running on pure nostalgia. I still enjoy games like Zelda, the Mega Man titles, Castlevania titles, Contra, Super Mario Bros, Ninja Gaiden titles, River City Ransom. I don't play them often, but I can every now an then. I won't deny that my liking them might have to do with my playing them back when they were new.

On the contrary...I can't play most old 3D games, no matter how good they were when current.

I agree with this. However, I don't think it's all nostalgia...I still run into games I haven't played before on NES and other older systems and may like the gameplay, artwork, etc. Everything is about spectacle now and not very challenging. I agree that older 3D games didn't age very well. Still, there are enough good games on the N64 to warrant a purchase...though I'm not wholly impressed with the lineup.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
I'm most curious about the hardware for this. NES and SNES were already near perfectly emulated before the classic systems came along. I've yet to see an N64 emulator that plays everything correctly, especially on an inexpensive rig. If it could play it all, it would be nice once it's hacked. Would have liked to have seen Doom 64, NBA Hangtime, Castlevania(s), Smash and Rogue Squadron.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
If I'm not busy throwing rocks at ghosts when pre orders drop, I'll be sure to call you.

What's your number Moe?

Best post ever!

Unfortunately my mom doesn’t let me have a phone, she’s concerned that immoral girls would call me if I did.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Best post ever!

Unfortunately my mom doesn’t let me have a phone, she’s concerned that immoral girls would call me if I did.

Not sure I believe this...

Didn't we talk on the phone once about some Amazing Taders?

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. Very Possible.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Could be a Nintendo direct announcement as early as tomorrow, but almost certainly this month. Hopefully it becomes official.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
1080° Snowboarding - gay
Bomberman 64 - gay
Donkey Kong 64 - really fucking gay
Excitebike 64 - heard good things but never played
F-Zero X - FUCK YES THIS IS SPEED IN VIDEO GAME FORM
Kirby 64 - short af but it's kirby so it's either you love or hate it
Mario Gold 64 - i guess the gold was in EU release
Mario Kart 64 - better than the original, possibly.
Mario Party 2 - i mean i'm not in 8th grade anymore and there aren't anymore slumber parties so i don't care
Mario Tennis - decent pong clone
Paper Mario - never played but i remember the commercial
Poke'mon Snap -gay but cool
Star Fox 64 - awwww yeah better than Panzer Dragoon
Super Mario 64 - wait what the fuck is Mario Gold 64 then
The Legend of Zelda OoT - best game of all time when i was 11 but prolly bore me to hell now
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask - tbh i don't like zelda games
Wave Race 64 - Drake Lake
Yoshi's Story- fucking gay af
Calling Bomberman gay is very sad. I'm dissapointed in you LoneSage. :(

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Have to say, I despise all the Donkey Kong games. For the same reason I dont like Mario Odyssey. They're just a shitty collect fest. Run around and collect a bunch of meaningless stupid items that do nothing. My idea of fun isn't running around for an hour in the fucking maze, trying to find all the pointless items. Unless they make my character more bad ass, and are optional. How many bananas do you really need in one stage???

Those games are for little kids, or adults who suck at real games. They play that garbage because they have no skills, and that's the only type of game they can beat.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
The Donkey King Country Returns games on Wii and Wii U were really good as well.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You can't come up with 30 solid titles that can be licensed for an N64 classic.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So looks like this is not happening :(

I blame all of you negative n64 haters - Nintendo probably saw all the hate the n64 gets on this forum and decided not to release the system. Damn it, it’s all your fault!!!!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I think it will happen, just not this year. They shouldn't have too much problem filling out 20 games.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So looks like this is not happening :(

I blame all of you negative n64 haters - Nintendo probably saw all the hate the n64 gets on this forum and decided not to release the system. Damn it, it’s all your fault!!!!
I think it has more to do with the fact that they can't get n64 emulation running on the shitty arm processors that these things usually have. A pi3 is a bit more powerful than the SNES mini and it really can't run them worth a shit. Nintendo will have to design some new hardware to get it done.

I'm sure they could use some variation of the Wii for it but that's likely to cost more than the $5 the Minis cost them to make.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think it will happen, just not this year. They shouldn't have too much problem filling out 20 games.

I agree...the Mini consoles are selling like hot cakes (at least, last I checked they were) and now is the prime time for N64 nostalgia as most of that system's primary target audience is now getting to the age where they'd want to relive those games.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm crossing my fingers and hope that the Nintendo 64 Classic is just put on the back burner for now, but having one would be really awesome. I'd hope that the Star Wars games were on it most of all. Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, and Episode I: Racer still hold up very well. I'd also still want to play those Castlevania games and Yoshi's Story.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think it has more to do with the fact that they can't get n64 emulation running on the shitty arm processors that these things usually have. A pi3 is a bit more powerful than the SNES mini and it really can't run them worth a shit. Nintendo will have to design some new hardware to get it done.

I'm sure they could use some variation of the Wii for it but that's likely to cost more than the $5 the Minis cost them to make.

The N64's power is a double edged sword. It's what made the system superior to the competition at the time and is also what makes it hard to re-release today for a reasonable price.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The N64's power is a double edged sword. It's what made the system superior to the competition at the time and is also what makes it hard to re-release today for a reasonable price.

Kinda like the Saturn, only the Saturn was better.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
They should release it to coincide with the PSXmini and Sega release a Saturn mini.

:eek_2:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I dunno guys. I think it has to do with the Switch’s online service. Maybe n64 games will be coming to that and they want people to subscribe. $30 online fees annually for digital content will bring in a lot more revenue than manufacturing/selling a 1 and one console...

I don’t think we are ever gonna get a mini :(