The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
They are still selling the SNES mini, and then Nintendo have promised another run of the NES mini this year.

I think it will be next year at the earliest till we see an N64 mini.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sell that shit, get an OG N64 and an everdrive.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
They are still selling the SNES mini, and then Nintendo have promised another run of the NES mini this year.

I think it will be next year at the earliest till we see an N64 mini.

I agree, could be a while. They have no real incentive to. Nintendo has finally awoken to how much they can milk this.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I insist, recreating the original N64 controller, making it affordable is maybe too much of a challenge for Nintendo
I know my shit.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I insist, recreating the original N64 controller, making it affordable is maybe too much of a challenge for Nintendo
I know my shit.

Nah, if you can get chinese clones N64 controllers for £8 new on ebay, they must cost half that to make. Even if Nintendo used better quality parts (which they should), I can’t see why they couldn’t have new N64 controllers selling for £20 or so.

What would be amazing is if the N64 mini came with 4 controllers, but that’s probably unlikely unless they charge much more than the SNES mini for it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The NES & SNES Minis offer mostly 60fps of hand drawn experience, exceptions like Star Fox aside -- but the N64 blocks are mostly about 21.5 or less. I wonder how this choppiness aged, especially if looked upon through the latest 50''+ panel generation. Maybe Big N should skip to a Cube Classic straight away.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The NES & SNES Minis offer mostly 60fps of hand drawn experience, exceptions like Star Fox aside -- but the N64 blocks are mostly about 21.5 or less. I wonder how this choppiness aged, especially if looked upon through the latest 50''+ panel generation. Maybe Big N should skip to a Cube Classic straight away.

If they didn't improve the frame rate I would be surprised but not bothered after all the 64 is a terrible system today.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
There's nothing wrong with the frame rate, games like ocarina of time have a movie-like feel thanks to the lower frame rate, works well with the games wide screen z-targeting

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
There's nothing wrong with the frame rate, games like ocarina of time have a movie-like feel thanks to the lower frame rate, works well with the games wide screen z-targeting

Some games like Turok 2 took a nose dive if you used the hi res mode with the ram expansion pak..

So either put up with blurry shit, or put up with assy frame rates. Kids these days have it too easy.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
wtf

Just stop.

Guess you're right, I should've kept my mouth shut on that one. When I think back to my pre-16bit days and how much fun I had with the Coleco, then it becomes clear how little hardware limitations mean in comparison with a timeless gameplay the Zaxxon port delivered for example. Good days.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Listen guys, just listen to me ok - looks like there might be an announcement for a N64 Classic coming out soon...like before year end. I need you to be my eyes and ears on this ok - I cannot miss this preorder.

Okay, just listen ok - I CANNOT MISS THIS PREORDER. Help me get a N64 Classic and I will make it worth your while okay. Are you guys listening to me? Please, just listen, ok! N64 Classic. Whatever it takes. Just help me okay?! Please!?!

neo_mao

15 Year Member
C’mon guys please, okay?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Moe, are you joking? I feel like you must be joking, ‘cause, you know, 64 and all. But, if for some reason, you’re serious, I’m happy to keep an eye out for you when preorders happen.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I really don't remember the 64 being all that great. I was 18 in 96, so it was like, prime real estate for me, and i just wasn't a fan. I remember liking Mario 64, Shadows of the Empire, Zelda, and I suppose Goldeneye, although I dont even remember beating the game, honestly.

But was it really that great of a system? Did it have as many great gems like the SNES/NES? For real here, Im not trolling. I just dont remember it being all that badass. Even the Killer Instinct game for it was a joke. The SNES one was better.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
But was it really that great of a system? Did it have as many great gems like the SNES/NES? For real here, Im not trolling. I just dont remember it being all that badass. Even the Killer Instinct game for it was a joke. The SNES one was better.

The NES is total ass. Of course the N64 has more "great gems."

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Moe, are you joking? I feel like you must be joking, ‘cause, you know, 64 and all. But, if for some reason, you’re serious, I’m happy to keep an eye out for you when preorders happen.

1 bajillion percent serious. No joking!!! You guys don’t understand, I didn’t sleep at all last night just get checking for preorders. You gotta help meeeee!!!!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I really don't remember the 64 being all that great. I was 18 in 96, so it was like, prime real estate for me, and i just wasn't a fan. I remember liking Mario 64, Shadows of the Empire, Zelda, and I suppose Goldeneye, although I dont even remember beating the game, honestly.

All joking aside, it's well known my disdain for the N64...which anymore is more like a slow boil. In the mid 90's, I worshiped the SNES and the N64 was a massive letdown for me. I landed up going to the PS1 and much preferred that console.

The NES is total ass. Of course the N64 has more "great gems."

Honestly...NES games are the ones I play the most when I have 30 min to play a game. Not 100% sure why this is, but I'll head to it before other systems.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
The NES games are truly shit nowadays - 1 minute in and I feel like I want to trash the damn console.
As for the N64 - nothing I want to revisit from that period except maybe superman 64 for shits n giggles.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The NES games are truly shit nowadays - 1 minute in and I feel like I want to trash the damn console.
As for the N64 - nothing I want to revisit from that period except maybe superman 64 for shits n giggles.

I'm guessing that I'm running on pure nostalgia. I still enjoy games like Zelda, the Mega Man titles, Castlevania titles, Contra, Super Mario Bros, Ninja Gaiden titles, River City Ransom. I don't play them often, but I can every now an then. I won't deny that my liking them might have to do with my playing them back when they were new.

On the contrary...I can't play most old 3D games, no matter how good they were when current.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I still have my original N64.

I dont hold any huge love for it really at the time I loved Perfect Dark and WWF no mercy but it was always a multi player console for me.

I would have friends round and play 4 player PD death match with bots and a few beers.

But when I was on my own I played the PSX.

The trouble is none of that generation of consoles games have really aged well.
Lets be honest they look awful most of the time!

Yet if you plug in a SNES or a Genesis they still look good to this day.