Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    Mystical Ninja is one of the top 3 games on the system IMHO
    its your opinion that its top 3. its a fact its number one. Yes both Goemon games together hold the number one spot

Everytime someone mentions a Konami game I get sad that Konami is basically dead. Wonder what happened to all those talented people who made Contra, Castlevania, Goemon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Everytime someone mentions a Konami game I get sad that Konami is basically dead. Wonder what happened to all those talented people who made Contra, Castlevania, Goemon etc.
    They left. Treasure, and kickstarter.

Nerdygrrl's Boy Toy

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    I care about 6 games on that list. Would not buy.
    Don't worry, you couldn't get one even if you wanted as Nintendo will not produce enough due to a worldwide shortage of plastic and capacitors. They have only been making games in some fashion since 1889, give them time they will figure this whole supply and demand thing out eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Mickey's Coach

there are 2 things that would convince me to buy this -

1. do the games run at more than 15 FPS or otherwise have some of the N64's graphical BS fixed?
    2. what about the controller? Even if the emulation is shitty, if the joystick provides us with a new design, it could lead to better N64 controller longevity.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Don't worry, you couldn't get one even if you wanted as Nintendo will not produce enough due to a worldwide shortage of plastic and capacitors. They have only been making games in some fashion since 1889, give them time they will figure this whole supply and demand thing out eventually.
    Hey man Nintendium is hard to produce. Some say even Nintendo doesn't know the recipe and resorts to cannibalizing systems of old.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Wachenroder View Post
    its your opinion that its top 3. its a fact its number one. Yes both Goemon games together hold the number one spot
    Well I'm just saying OOT and Majoras Mask. It's close to those but I think Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon falls slightly behind. Except the giant robot fights. One of the best things in gaming is the mystical ninja boss fight intro, and boss fights.

Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

So does anyone know when preorders go live?

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    So does anyone know when preorders go live?
    I believe you missed the NES preorder, I know you missed the SNES so why bother?

Sooner or later someone hooks you up and they will again...if needed.

Sakura's Bank Manager

...no Turok? I'm out.

THE MADNESS!!!

NSFW! Seriously
    You Have
    Been Warned!

A mostly disappointing yet believable list.

If the Japanese version includes at least Ogre Battle 64, and Goemon 64, and Wonder Project J2, and Yuke Yuke Trouble Makers, it might actually be worth buying.
    Last edited by Poison Sama; 11-14-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I believe you missed the NES preorder, I know you missed the SNES so why bother?

Sooner or later someone hooks you up and they will again...if needed.

Hehehe. I actually got a preorder in for the Classic NES from Target when NTM posted a link. I remember because i ordered it from the bathroom during my morning poop. I did miss the Classic SNES preorders, but happened to find one in the wild a couple of weeks after release during an early morning Target run on a Saturday.

But yeah the community treats me well.

I was Born This Ugly.

LOL...I'll just get the thing so I can hack the NES OS on it, make a N64 actually be useful, for once.
    Got so butthurt, had to have anal surgery...

Belnar Institute Student

I don't think they will skip out on the top fps shooter of the system but who knows. Not a bad list but they can easily add at least 10 games.
    Insert funny sig here.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    Hehehe. I actually got a preorder in for the Classic NES from Target when NTM posted a link. I remember because i ordered it from the bathroom during my morning poop. I did miss the Classic SNES preorders, but happened to find one in the wild a couple of weeks after release during an early morning Target run on a Saturday.

But yeah the community treats me well.
    NTM is the sole reason I got my SNES classic so quickly.

All hail NTM × 100!

The big question would be if it has different modes for the anti-aliasing. Preferably removing it altogether.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

The bigger question would be if it has different modes for the terrible graphics. Preferably removing it altogether.
    Last edited by lachlan; 11-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.

For the tunes lovers!

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by bartre View Post
    there are 2 things that would convince me to buy this - 1. do the games run at more than 15 FPS or otherwise have some of the N64's graphical BS fixed? 2. what about the controller? Even if the emulation is shitty, if the joystick provides us with a new design, it could lead to better N64 controller longevity.
    But if they did that, what's the point? It's not a N64 anymore. Just an emu-box trying to make the games look different. Not that it wouldn't be an emu-box if it didn't correct anything, but if we're moving away from the original hardware and how it rendered the games, we might just as well configure an emulator to do something similar.

Either way, Nintendo doesn't give a shit. They like counting money, though. That's why they released virtual console games [ROMs] without optimizing them for PAL, which is why they ran slower. I mean, come on ... What is this? PSOne? This is how much they care. So forget about major improvements. They didn't even fix the framerate in N64 Zelda games when they released them on Gamecube. Because why bother.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    But if they did that, what's the point? It's not a N64 anymore. Just an emu-box trying to make the games look different. Not that it wouldn't be an emu-box if it didn't correct anything, but if we're moving away from the original hardware and how it rendered the games, we might just as well configure an emulator to do something similar.

Either way, Nintendo doesn't give a shit. They like counting money, though. That's why they released virtual console games [ROMs] without optimizing them for PAL, which is why they ran slower. I mean, come on ... What is this? PSOne? This is how much they care. So forget about major improvements. They didn't even fix the framerate in N64 Zelda games when they released them on Gamecube. Because why bother.
    Im not sure about the framerate but i do believe they improved performance on the GCN/N64 Zelda games.

I dont remember what exactly they change but i do remember reading am improvement list years ago

Chang's Combo Meal #4

I'm still waiting on a virtual console "console". Screw all this eshop bullshit, screw all the classic consoles, and just make one with an emulator for every nintendo console, a TB hard drive, and allow online multiplayer. Then just sell the shit out of digital games.

Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

I'm still waiting on a virtual console "console". Screw all this eshop bullshit, screw all the classic consoles, and just make one with an emulator for every nintendo console, a TB hard drive, and allow online multiplayer. Then just sell the shit out of digital games.
    The problem there is eventually Nintendo would run out of people to sell digital games to. It's why your Wii purchases weren't transferable to your Nintendo Network ID on the Wii U and so on with the Switch.

I was Born This Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    The bigger question would be if it has different modes for the terrible graphics. Preferably removing it altogether.
    I'm hoping for some awesome new filters...you know, like milkwater, WTF, or blurry as fuck...
    Got so butthurt, had to have anal surgery...

Ace Ghost Pilot

They probably thought about that, but isn't financially smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by MKL View Post
    The doll fucker is a case in point: can you imagine someone like that in Italy? I find it easier to imagine a gay unicorn doing cartwheels in my living room.

Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan

You know what game didn't hold up well to me? Goldeneye. If we're to get one of these I would mod it and add more games. But not add that turd.

However it should come with winback, goemon, and castlevania.
    cool dude

i beat castlevania on easy mode and then it said 'try harder to get the real ending' and i never did it again

thinking back it's interesting how konami attempted a 3d castlevania. i always kinda liked it. disappointed the vampire enemies ended up looking different from what was seen in preview screens.

Thread Information