Ikari Warriors jamma adapter?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Any of you guys know where I can get a jamma adapter for my Ikari Warriors PCB? I found a place that built the PCB type adapter but they have not responded.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Any of you guys know where I can get a jamma adapter for my Ikari Warriors PCB? I found a place that built the PCB type adapter but they have not responded.

Have you tried KLOV? Someone usually comes through with that type of "oddball" JAMMA stuff.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was thinking about making one, that and a Nichibutsu one for Terra Cresta.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Too bad TNK III adapter isn't compatible. It's really close, but not close enough. Vogatek is selling those for £20 a piece. He has a whole bunch of them, too. They are listed under single titles, but once you click on them, many are compatible with a bunch of games sharing the same pinout. My guess was TNK III, but no dice. Maybe there's some other title I've missed that would be compatible?

You could also just buy a JAMMA edge slot and one of these, and with some wire and solder, you'd be set. It would cost you $10 and some work.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I ordered one from Ian, but it hasn't even been shipped yet, that was like a month ago. I may just build my own.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can have one made but I need interest in it. If I can get maybe 10 people to commit then I can move forward. Since it's Ikari, it would have Negatron support and voltmeter support.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Did you ever have any luck finding this?

Ok got my Ikari jamma converter made by Ian Kellogg in this week. Wow it's fucking great works perfect & looks pro. My rotary stick is going out to James Monday for wiring. I'm so excited to get all this working been slowly gathering & building parts since last November.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ok got my Ikari jamma converter made by Ian Kellogg in this week. Wow it's fucking great works perfect & looks pro. My rotary stick is going out to James Monday for wiring. I'm so excited to get all this working been slowly gathering & building parts since last November.

I'm glad your Ikari board works, I got hosed on mine.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm glad your Ikari board works, I got hosed on mine.

Damn sorry to hear that bro. Well mine is doing some strange errors while booting up. After it runs through all those codes takes about a minute to show them all the game will boot up fine. Demo runs perfect i could start the game rotate the upper half of character and shoot & gernade button work perfect. After i get my stick back I will be able to move him around and fully test it out. I just wonder why it's showing all those damn error codes? I cleaned the piss out of all 3 pcbs when I first got it back last October. I also removed all socketed chips.

So today and tomorrow I'm removing & reseating all chips again hopefully this MIGHT clear up all the error codes on start up. Man it's strange it seems fine.

I took a chance buying this game anyway it was untested on eBay I got it for $65 + shipping.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Damn sorry to hear that bro. Well mine is doing some strange errors while booting up. After it runs through all those codes takes about a minute to show them all the game will boot up fine. Demo runs perfect i could start the game rotate the upper half of character and shoot & gernade button work perfect. After i get my stick back I will be able to move him around and fully test it out. I just wonder why it's showing all those damn error codes? I cleaned the piss out of all 3 pcbs when I first got it back last October. I also removed all socketed chips.

So today and tomorrow I'm removing & reseating all chips again hopefully this MIGHT clear up all the error codes on start up. Man it's strange it seems fine.

I took a chance buying this game anyway it was untested on eBay I got it for $65 + shipping.

I've read some things about the board and it looks like it NEEDS to be perfect on 5v. Also it's not uncommon apparently that the ram gets toasted on these boards.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I've read some things about the board and it looks like it NEEDS to be perfect on 5v. Also it's not uncommon apparently that the ram gets toasted on these boards.

When I tried it first time I thought it might be a voltage issue causing them. I checked it with multimeter it was reading at 4.85 I got it set dead nuts on 5.00 but still showing the codes. It says on the initial boot RAM & ROM was ok. It's right after that quick screen it starts cycling through those error codes.

I just don't get why it's doing that but the game seems fine :scratch:

Man these damn pcbs drive you nuts.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got to thinking about those error codes today. Could it be possible since this pcb is picky that the jamma converter might be triggering them? This might be a stupid question sorry, still trying to learn all this stuff.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's most likely due to low voltage. Remember that 5.00v on the edge doesn't mean everything is getting 5.00v. Check the chip furthest from the edge which would be the bottom board in the back. If it reads 4.7v then adjust until 5.00v even if the edge reads 5.3v or whatever.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It's most likely due to low voltage. Remember that 5.00v on the edge doesn't mean everything is getting 5.00v. Check the chip furthest from the edge which would be the bottom board in the back. If it reads 4.7v then adjust until 5.00v even if the edge reads 5.3v or whatever.

Ah yes! I forgot you teaching me about this. Damn I'll fire it up this weekend and report back results. I did get all the chips removed & cleaned again so hopefully between this and checking the voltage at furthest chip it will fix it. Thanks brotha!