Neo*Geomancer

What if Mueller proves his case and it doesn't matter?

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

I check out Fox News sometimes to see how things are playing out there. It's astonishing how much they don't cover. When something major happens, like Flake being eaten alive by his own party, they just run copy from the AP in a little box on the bottom of the page.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

America is the world's superpower and I am constantly amazed, daily, at how the common folk are just surprisingly stupid in this arena. Lots of Trump supporters are competent at their jobs that I think are difficult. Yet this is something they're hung up on. I do not identify as a Democrat, I hold no allegiance to a political party, and as a personal rule I never discuss politics in real life. But just look online, here even with Neo Ash who was a birther and ki as well, and the ignorance is just absolutely astounding.

How did it get this bad? It's pretty fucking bad when people are purposely making their trucks less environmentally friendly by exhausting more fumes...I heard this was a thing. When it's fashionable to be ignorant and resist education, nothing good can come of it.

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    How did it get this bad? It's pretty fucking bad when people are purposely making their trucks less environmentally friendly by exhausting more fumes...I heard this was a thing. When it's fashionable to be ignorant and resist education, nothing good can come of it.
    I'm feeling cynical enough to answer this. Both major parties have a feel-good message that glamorizes ignorance. The GOP preys on the cult of self-sufficiency among rednecks; they see it as shameful and defeatist to seek help, even if you have no idea what you're doing. The Dems have an opposite but equally dangerous message: openness and participation for everyone, also to the point of incompetence. In neither case will an ignorant voter be struck with knowledge. Nobody wants to be told that they're wrong.

(EDIT: And no, none of this excuses the destructive things that Donald Trump and his enablers say and do on a regular basis.)
    Last edited by SpamYouToDeath; 11-04-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Neo*Geomancer
    The country has become much more polarized in the 17 years I've lived here. The difference is most stark in rural America. After living in a politically moderate area for a number of years we visited my wife's family. They shifted from center-right to more extremist views. My brother in law used to joke that Democrats wanted to take away his guns. After a few years of Obama, I think he legit started believing it. As the article I linked in the OP discusses, the right has built an impenetrable wall around their version of reality. Facts, science, logic and basic human decency have been discarded or at the very least minimized. We used to agree on the facts and differ on the solutions to various issues. Now we can no longer agree on the facts. This is a serious problem.

The gun thing has been weird over the past 9 years.

Random shootings, followed by incessessant news commentary of the outrage at our gun laws.

The root problems always shied away from.

When the garbage already smells, it doesn’t take much effort for trolls really make it seem unbearable. Ie: Hillary.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Candiru land is back! It's like meeting up with four old friends, seeing those jiggling ladies at the bottom of the page again. Or eight old friends perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Candiru land is back! It's like meeting up with four old friends, seeing those jiggling ladies at the bottom of the page again. Or eight old friends perhaps.
    Big fan of Sephiroth on the right.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Big fan of Sephiroth on the right.
    #1 for sure, by some margin

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Or eight old friends perhaps.
    Or sixteen, maybe? It's a reflection. It means no dumpster at work for some members.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Based on tonight's election results, it may already not matter how the investigation concludes.

Thread Information