Thread: Colors of Autumn

Red face Colors of Autumn

When I was 23 I rode my bike through the Blue Ridge Mountains in November. Twisting, curving. And I remember the sun was setting, and as it did the red leaves came alive with the final golden glow of the day. I stopped my bike on the side of the road and just took it in.

I've been chasing that red leaf scenery every year since but haven't caught it. Today, after another failed outing, I realized it wasn't the red leaves I was searching for, but the feeling of the Autumnal colors. The feeling I got during that lonely sunset in 2010.

Well, and how about you, any beautiful red and yellow leaves where you live? Pics are welcome, and bonus if they include a wife.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    When I was 23 I was seeing all sorts of colours, you could say I rode my bike through the blue ridge mountains in november. Inhaling, snorting. The first time can never be repeated, no matter how many times you try.

For the tunes lovers!

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !
    My place doesn't have quite "autumn" colors, I live between a mountain and the sea so it's quite a mix of pinetrees and palmtrees.

Mostly you'll be seeing this right now:

and one I just took from my place:

I guess to have a view like you say I need to go more to the mountain side, a nice hour and a half walking
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Another Striker
    Here's a couple of pictures I took about a week ago, around 10AM. They were all taken with a phone, and I downsized them a bit. As for autumn, to me, it's not only colours, it's the smell. I love the smell of autumn leaves.

AutBja01.jpg
    AutBja02.jpg
    AutBja03.jpg
    AutBja04.jpg
    AutBja05.jpg

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
    We already have snow where I live, all dem pretty leaves is buried under cold, white death!

ore_car_derailment.jpg

And, yes, that's a derailed train. Nobody was killed or injured; it was just transporting iron ore pellets, but I'm sure the mining company lost some $$$ over it.
    "I realized when I became a reformed alcoholic that, hey, I'm still the same asshole, I just have fewer dents in my car."
    - Robin Williams

Ren-chan, I appreciate your enthusiasm but those pics are more suitable for the 'Take a picture from your home's window' thread I will make in 7 months.

Morden, mao bless you.

M, how long has that train been like that and how did that even happen.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
    I know it looks positively ancient, but that train just derailed Monday. They're still investigating the cause (the timing is right, so I suppose it could have been a Devil's Night prank gone horribly wrong, but probably not).

http://www.miningjournal.net/news/fr...0-in-negaunee/
    http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...454293363.html
    "I realized when I became a reformed alcoholic that, hey, I'm still the same asshole, I just have fewer dents in my car."
    - Robin Williams

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Ren-chan, I appreciate your enthusiasm but those pics are more suitable for the 'Take a picture from your home's window' thread I will make in 7 months.
    Sorry, couldn't find any better pics on google and I wanted to take one from right now

Ahh.... do you have a schedule for opening new threads or something?
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-chan View Post

Ahh.... do you have a schedule for opening new threads or something?
    In fact I do. Gotta space em out, otherwise people get angry or unwilling to answer.

Tung's Hair Stylist
    I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a beautiful place but due to the crazy weather the leaves were not as great as they could/should be. In fact, most leaves have already fallen due to the wind we’ve had over the past few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a beautiful place but due to the crazy weather the leaves were not as great as they could/should be. In fact, most leaves have already fallen due to the wind we’ve had over the past few weeks
    I'd like to visit the Devil's Marbleyard and Peaks of Otter again. WTF you doing way out there in nowhere, man?

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Autumn in Melbourne...

For the tunes lovers!

beauty right there lach

Tung's Hair Stylist
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I'd like to visit the Devil's Marbleyard and Peaks of Otter again. WTF you doing way out there in nowhere, man?
    Haha I ask myself the same thing. I was born and raised here. It isn’t a bad place to live, it’s beautiful and everyone is pretty laidback. There just isn’t much going on and everyone you went to high school with either moves or has kids at 20. I’m hoping to transfer with my job to a more populated area in the near future. In the mean time I enjoy it

Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan
    When I was 23 I would chase the wind in other ways. The Texas heat would give way to autumn for a few weeks. The leaves would change. Orange, red, yellow, tumble onto the roof of my car. Onto my parents house. Smell of cinnamon and nutmeg. Scent of oak smoke, and turkey. The crumbs of bread ripped by hand like I'd seen grandma do years before. My aunts green corvette parked outside. Stacks of pies. Pumpkin, pecan, Apple, cherry. Red, orange, brown, golden. Juniper berries, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, clove, marjoram, sage.

The season didn't last long when I was 23. Summer would overstay his welcome back home. Autumn and winter would hang around for a little while before running away leaving only memories of magic. I always loved the transitional nature of autumn. The last harvest. The bonfires on Halloween. The feast of thanksgiving. The togetherness. It was warm, inviting, low cielinged, and delicious. While outside was cool, crisp, you needed a jacket, and sometimes a hat. Crunch of leaves, days get shorter, nights get colder, life gets sweeter. When I die. I hope it's just after thanksgiving. Belly full of turkey, laughter brimming over, and a long sleep on my mind. Someone else can wash the dishes.
    cool dude

Cham Cham's Banana
    Its hot as shit here.

Lots of red dirt, if that counts?
    Spice god of Borneo...

NAM-75 Vet
    Hot summer here right now, but if you want a couple Autumn pics of Joburg, here ya go,

I have relatives in the Western Cape, this is from that area,

Dogg-Father
    NSFW

Merc approved...
    Last edited by Neodogg; 11-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Thread Information