Possible Tube damage on Sony Trinitron

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Long story short, I was dumb put my trinitron on a folding table. Table leg gave and my tv fell. Ive tried degaussing it with a wand and turning it on and off with thirty minutes rest in between. None of that has corrected the problem. I was hopping some one might know of reputable crt repair place in Los Angeles. The issue is one of the corners has a blue tint now. Any help would be appreciated. Model number is kv-24fv300

Attachments

• IMG_4585.JPG
    IMG_4585.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 117

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn, that sucks bro. I was going to mention the Degaussing Wand but I guess thats not it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The fall could've shifted the purity rings on the neck of the tube, an idea.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for the advice. Im going to take it to a local shop on Monday I'll suggest that to them. I'll let you all know what comes of this tv.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Around my way, people give away Trinitrons. Your probably better off finding one locally Vs. Taking it to a shop and paying whatever they want to charge you to fix that.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Dumb question, have to tried the TV in different parts of the house, kind of looks like magnetic field interference.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I did try it in different rooms thanks for the suggestion though. On just getting another tv I have had this tv forever and I dont want to toss it out just yet. I want to be sure there is nothing that can be done to fix it first.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I did try it in different rooms thanks for the suggestion though. On just getting another tv I have had this tv forever and I dont want to toss it out just yet. I want to be sure there is nothing that can be done to fix it first.

I hear you. Go for it, maybe it's a easy fix.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wouldn't be against opening it up and checking the purity rings, it's not overly complicated or dangerous at least from an inspection point of view to see what has moved. Don't send it in to the repair guy just yet!

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
An update on the tv. Sadly the tube was damaged from the fall. They corrected the color with some magnets but that introduced some geometry issues. I'll play with the service menu to see if I can fix any of those eventually.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
An update on the tv. Sadly the tube was damaged from the fall. They corrected the color with some magnets but that introduced some geometry issues. I'll play with the service menu to see if I can fix any of those eventually.

Post a pic of how it looks now. :)

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
IMG_4623.JPG

It looks a little better in person but that's the best they could do.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
That's still a pretty decent improvement. Probably not so noticeable on non-white screens.