Atomiswave SD Kick Harness

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Just picked up a minty Atomiswave SD in perfect shape. I have both the original card reader one player control panel as well as a new two player Atomiswave control panel However, it's only wired for 3 buttons. Since I'm used to the Sega Blast City setup I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on a kick harness for the Atomiswave.

I can send pictures if need be of either control panel.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
i didn't know AW had a kickharness, it was always off the jamma harness all 5 buttons...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
If you have a Cps2 or cps1 kick harness you could get a JNX Atlas and plug the kick harness into that and you get the extra 2 buttons. That's how I play atomiswave games on my Astro.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
If you have a Cps2 or cps1 kick harness you could get a JNX Atlas and plug the kick harness into that and you get the extra 2 buttons. That's how I play atomiswave games on my Astro.

Wow, that is a really good idea.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

+1 on this. It's how I'm set up.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Yea bro, the JNX Atlas is like Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I put that shit on everything.

lol, I like it. Apparently a new one is about to drop, I will go that route when it does.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
James got them in today. He shipped out two of them to me.

Ordered one. What a great and simple solution. I wish I had known about this earlier.

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Thanks for the replies and the great solution. For the most part, the only games I have serious interest in are 5 buttons or less. However, any idea how to wire this setup for 6 buttons?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thanks for the replies and the great solution. For the most part, the only games I have serious interest in are 5 buttons or less. However, any idea how to wire this setup for 6 buttons?

If you go the JNX Atlas route you just buy A cps2 kick harness and wire the the buttons up and plug the cps2 connector into the Atlas. I would rather do it this way in case you feel like playing cps1/2/3 on your Atomiswave Cab.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Ordered one. What a great and simple solution. I wish I had known about this earlier.

Now you won't have to buy a separate arcade for each different harness :keke:

I think most 6 button setups use either a CPS2 kick harness, or a different specific harness (F3, STV, and others), so there really isn't an easy all-in-one solution.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

AW should have 5 buttons off the loom- you need to get some pins and add the extra buttons under the cp. If the AWSD is wired similar to the e2, there is a "S" connector for button 6. Lemony Vengance can make you a cps2 to e2 adapter that makes things a lot easier.

TSXGuy

New Challenger
AW should have 5 buttons off the loom- you need to get some pins and add the extra buttons under the cp. If the AWSD is wired similar to the e2, there is a "S" connector for button 6. Lemony Vengance can make you a cps2 to e2 adapter that makes things a lot easier.

Thanks Radiant, that's what I would have thought. I don't think the guy knew a ton about the cab even though he owns a bunch of other Candy Cabs. Let me check the JAMMA loom and see what connections there are. Also, any other connections off of the MB. I'll report back tomorrow or so.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
If you go the JNX Atlas route you just buy A cps2 kick harness and wire the the buttons up and plug the cps2 connector into the Atlas. I would rather do it this way in case you feel like playing cps1/2/3 on your Atomiswave Cab.

Sent James a PM part came in Saturday and now I can enjoy FOTNS. You guys saved me once again JNX Atlas all the way.