Thread: Atomiswave SD Kick Harness

Lazy SNK Employee

Atomiswave SD Kick Harness

Just picked up a minty Atomiswave SD in perfect shape. I have both the original card reader one player control panel as well as a new two player Atomiswave control panel However, it's only wired for 3 buttons. Since I'm used to the Sega Blast City setup I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on a kick harness for the Atomiswave.

I can send pictures if need be of either control panel.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dogg-Father

i didn't know AW had a kickharness, it was always off the jamma harness all 5 buttons...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Withered Penis!

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    i didn't know AW had a kickharness, it was always off the jamma harness all 5 buttons...
    Correct, buttons four and five are via the JAMMA edge. I am in the process of hooking up my NAC to do this.
    Last edited by gusmoney; 11-03-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

If you have a Cps2 or cps1 kick harness you could get a JNX Atlas and plug the kick harness into that and you get the extra 2 buttons. That's how I play atomiswave games on my Astro.

Withered Penis!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    If you have a Cps2 or cps1 kick harness you could get a JNX Atlas and plug the kick harness into that and you get the extra 2 buttons. That's how I play atomiswave games on my Astro.
    Wow, that is a really good idea.

As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

+1 on this. It's how I'm set up.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Wow, that is a really good idea.
    Yea bro, the JNX Atlas is like Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I put that shit on everything.

Withered Penis!

Yea bro, the JNX Atlas is like Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I put that shit on everything.
    lol, I like it. Apparently a new one is about to drop, I will go that route when it does.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

lol, I like it. Apparently a new one is about to drop, I will go that route when it does.
    James got them in today. He shipped out two of them to me.

Withered Penis!

James got them in today. He shipped out two of them to me.
    Ordered one. What a great and simple solution. I wish I had known about this earlier.

Lazy SNK Employee

Thanks for the replies and the great solution. For the most part, the only games I have serious interest in are 5 buttons or less. However, any idea how to wire this setup for 6 buttons?

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by TSXGuy View Post
    Thanks for the replies and the great solution. For the most part, the only games I have serious interest in are 5 buttons or less. However, any idea how to wire this setup for 6 buttons?
    If you go the JNX Atlas route you just buy A cps2 kick harness and wire the the buttons up and plug the cps2 connector into the Atlas. I would rather do it this way in case you feel like playing cps1/2/3 on your Atomiswave Cab.

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Ordered one. What a great and simple solution. I wish I had known about this earlier.
    Now you won't have to buy a separate arcade for each different harness

I think most 6 button setups use either a CPS2 kick harness, or a different specific harness (F3, STV, and others), so there really isn't an easy all-in-one solution.
    Take a bite out of crime.

KING of teh SCOOPS!

AW should have 5 buttons off the loom- you need to get some pins and add the extra buttons under the cp. If the AWSD is wired similar to the e2, there is a "S" connector for button 6. Lemony Vengance can make you a cps2 to e2 adapter that makes things a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    AW should have 5 buttons off the loom- you need to get some pins and add the extra buttons under the cp. If the AWSD is wired similar to the e2, there is a "S" connector for button 6. Lemony Vengance can make you a cps2 to e2 adapter that makes things a lot easier.
    Thanks Radiant, that's what I would have thought. I don't think the guy knew a ton about the cab even though he owns a bunch of other Candy Cabs. Let me check the JAMMA loom and see what connections there are. Also, any other connections off of the MB. I'll report back tomorrow or so.

Thread Information