Inktober 2017 & other drawings

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
As per M's suggestion, gonna share with you all the drawings I made for this year's Inktober + other drawings I made over the years :-)

Some are just a copy paste but oh well, I have fun drawing and that's all that matters to me.

Since the website allows only 8 images per post, will have to do few...

Hope you like it!

Inktober 2017, first row:

Spoiler:

gnp7rGQ.jpg

b9G3zrs.png

fAjSJPC.jpg

JDKPaQg.jpg

yASql0B.jpg

hGOWcLw.jpg

AbzhwuI.jpg

4sd3g95.jpg

Ren-chan

Inktober 2017, last image + some randoms:

Ny20S87.jpg

Unfortunatelly I couldn't keep doing it and still need some time to recover.

Other stuffies I got over here, animal training from Aaron Blaise's training course:
jJkwtXv.png

TcOiCSr.jpg

bM4SuOj.jpg

gAEx1Uu.jpg

Ren-chan

Some more, again in spoiler to avoid massive scrolling:

Spoiler:

KH2yXaV.png

F0AGNVw.jpg

LAkK5gU.jpg

srTKpN4.jpg

tdEVAho.png

O5hZCs7.png

sAOiUUU.png

DctcAxi.jpg

Ren-chan

And the last batch!

Spoiler:

nWNEyPy.png

ZU9rPTJ.png

hALpbot.jpg

MLlqCKs.png

uIbsirP.png

Will be uploading more eventually :-)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Awesome stuff, both colored and in black & white; you've got some serious skills! I like the Disney pieces especially.

Are you sure you can't put more than eight photos in a single post? I could swear I've put WAY more than eight photos in my posts in the past on multiple occasions, as have others. Maybe things have changed, I dunno.

Ren-chan

Awesome stuff, both colored and in black & white; you've got some serious skills! I like the Disney pieces especially.

Are you sure you can't put more than eight photos in a single post? I could swear I've put WAY more than eight photos in my posts in the past on multiple occasions, as have others. Maybe things have changed, I dunno.

Thank you!

I made the initial post with all the stuff and got this error message "you are trying to post 43 photos of the max allowed which is 8" something like that....

Ren-chan

I've never tried doing quite that many, but I know I've done more than eight. Maybe there's an 8 image limit in conjunction with the spoiler tags?

For example, Lachlan's relatively recent trip to Japan thread (June 2017) had ~30 images in one post:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?271574-this-thread-is-for-lonesage-to-view-japan-pics-cheers-mate&highlight=lachlan+japan+trip

Oh... inside the spoiler tag? uhh.... didn't think about it. Wanted to avoid the mass scrolling :S

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
They kept getting better and better.

That's what I love about inktober. It really is a great excuse to level up your drawing skills.
"Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out." --Chuck Jones

Personally it helps motivate myself to finish art projects I've had lingering on for a while. I don't usually get to do all 31 drawings for the month, usually I do about half, then I'm all fired up to work on other stuff.

Ren-chan

I really tried to do the 31 drawings but unlucky me had an injury on my left wrist (yep, I'm a leftie) and everything went to shit... sigh...

Ren-chan

After almost 3 weeks, time to get back to my drawings. Finally I can draw stuff and my wrist doesn't hurt anymore :-)

Did few doodles and managed to get this done using reference:

pPkuIda.jpg

Ren-chan

Since Renmauzo already got my SS gift I can finally post it here:

R9Cq4Af.jpg

:keke:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
You have some talent dude.

I'd like to get the last one printed and framed. The caulk one, in case you were wondering which I was referring to.

Ren-chan

You'll have to ask Renmauzo for the original :keke: I shipped it to him

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
you're very talented ren-chan, mate. i used to draw a lot to. back in school i did a poster size drawing of the marvel super heroes vs street fighter saturn cover which everyone in the classroom loved.

but unlike me, you seem to enjoy it. keep it up, mate.

Ren-chan

I am a bit lazy and can be weeks without drawing... which I instantly regret when I try to draw again and it looks like my characters have teh downs but yeah, I really enjoy drawing, specially when things go as expected haha. Even thou, I got super lazy going digital, since my tablet is a normal one I get bored of drawing on the tablet and having to look at the screen. I like to see where do I actually have the pencil and to be honest, I like the "dirt" when doing sketches.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
These are beautiful. My daughter got into that whole Inktober thing, though she is very young her work has amazed me at her age.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That "3 Caulk Bout" thing is a hilarious spoof; well done!

Ren-chan

Been drawing cheetahs recently, there are some huuuge pieces of shit I did draw that I didn't want to take a photo lol

Those are the best ones I've made so far:

vXZqa0l.jpg

aNgzhXo.jpg

As image references, I just googled "cheetah wallpaper" and picked up a couple I liked :^)
I lack the skills of doing one from memory so... by now, I am just drawing what I see on photos.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Nice! I want to draw animals more, especially dags. "Dags? Oh you mean dogs...yeah, I like dags."
I find that I gravitate more towards making human characters, and having more animal drawing skills can make for some fun costumes with taxidermy.

Here are a few my last year's inktober works:
DtQdR5P.jpg

d4HgzBZ.jpg

I got into Watercolor painting last year, so I started inking my drawings then going over them with watercolor paints. It makes for a nice colored version of my drawings.

The year before I did this set of drawings, which I found was a more creative year than last year's:
7RcO4aE.jpg

I'm especially proud of Samus vs. Alien, and the Space Invader Astronaut.