Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your XRGB-Mini settings?

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Your XRGB-Mini settings?

I thought I would start a thread about sharing your XRGB-Mini settings. Namely ones for color, scanlines etc. I was happy using Meister mode until recently when I found out that it sometimes causes errors in games. Can any of you share your settings for:

PCBS
    CPS2
    CONSOLES
    ETC

Would be very helpful!

In with the real hardware, out with the bootlegs......who is this I wonder?

Don't piss off cats or you'll get the Nyanyan Uppercut!

Choi's Barber

NeoGeo MVS - auto sync off, sync level 12, Meister mode, 720p 60 hz, default scan lines.

Everything else I'm happy with auto sync and Meister mode to be honest. Works fine and looks great on the PS1, SNES and mega drive.

Vice's Love Slave

For the Omega I used these settings on my friend's panasonic lcd.

Standard mode
    Sync off
    Sync level 19
    480p

On the tv, I turned on game mode and turned off every setting that looks like it did image processing.

Капитан Борода
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    For the Omega I used these settings on my friend's panasonic lcd.

Standard mode
    Sync off
    Sync level 19
    480p

On the tv, I turned on game mode and turned off every setting that looks like it did image processing.
    Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).

Vice's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
    Also, if you're using scanlines, I've found I need to go to Visual_Set, V_Width and change it from 32 to 33. Otherwise, it'll double up on a couple of the scan lines vs. any other console I have running through the mini (everything else looks fine on 32).
    I did notice that using meister mode on his tv resulted in some of the scanlines being twice as thick. We both got tired of trying to figure it out and just went with standard mode. Looked great sitting on the couch even without the scanlines.

Капитан Борода
    I did notice that using meister mode on his tv resulted in some of the scanlines being twice as thick. We both got tired of trying to figure it out and just went with standard mode. Looked great sitting on the couch even without the scanlines.
    Oh, and I mentioned this to you already but the component hook up from the Omega to the d-terminal/component dongle is hit or miss at best. The RGB Scart is a must.

Vice's Love Slave

Oh, and I mentioned this to you already but the component hook up from the Omega to the d-terminal/component dongle is hit or miss at best. The RGB Scart is a must.
    I get similar dodgy results with other component devices as well. The xrgb's in general were designed with RGB in mind. Component seems like an after thought.

Ukyo's Doctor

Just in case anyone else (like me) had been sleeping for a couple weeks, v.1.10 firmware was released. It adds zoom features (ie. those blue, red, green & yellow buttons do stuff now) and HDMI passthrough.

1080p scanlines are located correctly, but still too light for the full effect.

Капитан Борода
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneo View Post
    Just in case anyone else (like me) had been sleeping for a couple weeks, v.1.10 firmware was released. It adds zoom features (ie. those blue, red, green & yellow buttons do stuff now) and HDMI passthrough.

1080p scanlines are located correctly, but still too light for the full effect.
    Good to know about the firmware update. Been waiting for that HDMI pass through.

Vice's Love Slave

Is the firmware update in english?

Ukyo's Doctor

Is the firmware update in english?
    Yep, both the Japanese and English version are available on that page as well as this post.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

By the way, the new firmware has an option for "HDMI DIRECT" for those of us hooking newer systems to the thing. What this does is simply pass through an unaltered HDMI signal if you don't want any processing, previously HDMI looked like crap. I do this for the Wii U, as I like setting the system for 480p with scanlines for Virtual Console stuff and using no processing for regular HD stuff.

Капитан Борода
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneo View Post
    Yep, both the Japanese and English version are available on that page as well as this post.
    Sweet, I'm all updated. Thanks again for calling the update out.

Choi's Barber

Great tip, those two "double" scanlines were a bother in some games. Setting the v width to 33 completely corrects it for the neo geo.

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Great tip, those two "double" scanlines were a bother in some games. Setting the v width to 33 completely corrects it for the neo geo.
    I still don't understand why Micomsoft hasn't added the ability to have profiles. Those colored buttons at the bottom of the remote would have been perfect for 4 different profiles. That way instead of going in and making time consuming adjustments for different situations, you can just press a button and you are good to go.

Instead we get useless zoom features.
    Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

[Rot] 1:50 pm: ladyboys are HAWT!

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

You know what I don't understand. Why doesn't the XRGB have a tate mode where it flips the image? It can't be that hard...

In with the real hardware, out with the bootlegs......who is this I wonder?

Don't piss off cats or you'll get the Nyanyan Uppercut!

Choi's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    I still don't understand why Micomsoft hasn't added the ability to have profiles. Those colored buttons at the bottom of the remote would have been perfect for 4 different profiles. That way instead of going in and making time consuming adjustments for different situations, you can just press a button and you are good to go.

Instead we get useless zoom features.
    Agreed, I'd rather see profiles support than the new zoom feature. I haven't bothered updating from
    1.08 yet but I might next time I bust out the mega drive. So far it's the only system I could see the zoom feature coming in handy.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Speaking of which, if someone finds some good settings for the zoom feature with the Megadrive/Genesis please post them. I couldn't figure out any setting that I liked that had good scanlines, so I left the zoom off. I don't care about the zoom itself, but cutting off the solid border around most games would be great.

Frenzy Football Player

Anybody try using a HDPVR with the Framemeister?

I have some old home movies on 8mm that I can output in S-video to the framemeister and I'm looking to burn them to DVD for a Xmas present. I'm thinking the HDMI out on the XRGB Mini into something like a Hauppage might work, but not sure. Also if anybody knows what the best setting on the Mini would be for an application like 8mm camcorder tapes that would be sweet as well.

Frenzy Football Player

Did a test with XRGB-Mini running on Meister mode through a Hauppage HD PVR Rocket. Looks pretty good full screen at 720p

Капитан Борода
    Looks great! I found 720p out looks just about the best too. I know I've mentioned it in a couple other threads and you probably already know this, but the review here was a ton of help when I first purchased my mini. http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/framemeister.html

Frenzy Football Player

Couple of noobish questions:

I'm using the Mini to upscale old 8mm home movies and at certain moments the Meister loses picture and goes black for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Any idea of a setting that would prevent that? It seems to independent of takes in the homevideo so I'm kind of stumped.

I'm running FW 1.08, I downloaded the new one above (1.1), but which file out of it all do I put on the micro sd to update the Mini? In other words, what are the steps to updating the XRGB firmware?

Ukyo's Doctor

Assuming it's not video drop-out in your tapes, the FrameMeister may be losing sync.

Try: (Menu button) Visual_Set -> Sync_Level (last option at very bottom).

Bump it up a notch and play back through to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by K-2 View Post
    Couple of noobish questions:

I'm using the Mini to upscale old 8mm home movies and at certain moments the Meister loses picture and goes black for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Any idea of a setting that would prevent that? It seems to independent of takes in the homevideo so I'm kind of stumped.

I'm running FW 1.08, I downloaded the new one above (1.1), but which file out of it all do I put on the micro sd to update the Mini? In other words, what are the steps to updating the XRGB firmware?

Frenzy Football Player

I'm getting to the synch level option, but it's not letting me adjust it. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by K-2 View Post
    I'm getting to the synch level option, but it's not letting me adjust it. ugh
    The sync level can only be adjusted for the RGB input.

It can't be adjust for composite or svideo input. Not sure about the component/DTerminal inputs.
    Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

[Rot] 1:50 pm: ladyboys are HAWT!

Thread Information