Investigative piece on sock puppetry

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/6flYH

Guy follows a troll account posing as UK person,

But account only operates during moscow business hours, and hits on points related to specific anti-Nato issues. UKIP, Brexit, alt-right, crimea, Trump.

All related.

I feel for the people convinced of Brexit, like Rot,

But at least he can have a power vaccuum now.

A fucking power vaccuum, that Brussels canít save him from.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Its not really sock puppetry tho is it? I don't see that brought up at all. Sock Puppets are multiple accounts run by one person that interact with each other to give off the idea they are being operated by different people. It isn't the same as bot accounts, which end up posting the same things on multiple accounts.

I used to run a sock operation many years ago, with somewhere between 7-9 accounts (I forget) and having to create unique posting styles for each one to use.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Its not really sock puppetry tho is it? I don't see that brought up at all. Sock Puppets are multiple accounts run by one person that interact with each other to give off the idea they are being operated by different people. It isn't the same as bot accounts, which end up posting the same things on multiple accounts.

I used to run a sock operation many years ago, with somewhere between 7-9 accounts (I forget) and having to create unique posting styles for each one to use.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politi...ory/index.html

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Well ok, he ran a company that had paid shills, one of many. Still don't see the sock puppet thing tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Well ok, he ran a company that had paid shills, one of many. Still don't see the sock puppet thing tho.
    That’s up to you if you want to not see it.

The user was one of many david jones with 8 random numbers after his name. The accounts pick a generic name and then add numbers. There’s a ton of accounts, and more than likely not as many users, but a lot of users in the shop.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Yeah that numbers thing happens with many different types of online accounts. I think it is just easier for them to automate registrations that way. I see it a lot with forum spambots as well. They will use the numbers with the names and email addresses they use. Fortunately, the spam filters have long since learned this tactic.

There are many examples of the copypasta bot activity on Twitter, here is one recent example:

It makes sense for the web, because what they are doing in effect is poisoning the Google search results. News Aggregates and scrapers do the same thing. But looking at it on twitter alone doesn't make any sense.

Thread Information