Neo Geo AES MVS Adapter with 161 not working, 5v

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Good day all,

I have an early USA Neo Geo AES 5v system and cannot get my Neo Geo MVS to AES converter to work properly with the 161 cart.

I purchased one of the cheap Spanish mvs converters and have been able to get it to work maybe 1 out of 100 times, but when I selected a game, it will randomly freeze or just not start.

I contacted the company who says its due to my amps on the power supply not being high enough. Ordered a 5v 5a off eBay and it wouldn't work either.

Yes I know I can get a MVS console instead but I love my AES and would really like this to work. Any ideas or anyone else remedy this problem on their 5v AES systems?

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Just out of curiosity, could you link to that eBay 5v, 5a power supply that you bought?

NeoField

Rugal's Thug

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an AES uses a PSU with a negative tip polarity.
The power supply you linked to is tip positive.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Correct me if I'm wrong, but an AES uses a PSU with a negative tip polarity.
The power supply you linked to is tip positive.

To be honest this is brain surgery to me, if you have any ideas where I can find a 5v 5a that will work it would be greatly appreciated.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Adapter worked perfectly! 161 cart is now working without any issues, thank you so much Thierry Henry! Really appreciate the info and helping me getting this to work!

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Adapter worked perfectly! 161 cart is now working without any issues, thank you so much Thierry Henry! Really appreciate the info and helping me getting this to work!

No problem at all mate. Glad that it's working for ya!
It was actually you that took the initiative going for that polarity connector.