Exception Error Handling AES- Magical drop 2 on NEOSD

Ricard350

n00b
Hi,

I just received this error while playing Magical Drop 2 on my NEOSD on my AES

upload photos

It seems to happen after I entered my initials, waited for the continue countdown to end and right after the GAME OVER splash screen.

I think this is the exact time where it ask to save on the memory card.
Do you think it could be a glitch writing a new save file?
I was able to recreate the exact same scenario for a 2nd time and same error happened with same address.

After I started a new game then died almost 2 min after, score not enough high to write down initials then after the game over screen was done, the save to card screen apeard.... Saved to card.

With now a freshly created Magical Drop 2 savegame,
I did the samething over again going with a high score, making the game ask for entering initials, then after gameover screen, no error this time.
Went directly to the save game y/n question screen like its supossed to happen.

It was the first time I saw this kind of error poping during game play.

I read that these happen when the 68k is expecting to find something and its not there like and instruction or something, perhaps in this case it was looking to overwrite and existing savefile and it could not find one...

Oh and I have also tried the exact same scenario again trying to reproduce the error but with the memory card removed and NO error!

I got my NEOSD last week and it's the only time an error like that happened...
So far I have about 3-4 hours of gameplay on multiple diffrent games and all is good!

Just wanted to know your inputs on that... is it normal to have some hiccups like that sometime...
Maybe using the flashcart in lieu of a genuine cart could potentially increase the chance of having said hicups?

Long story short it seems to be working just fine now, I am just curious and would like to know what was the cause of it....

Thanks
David

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
need to see the address registers to know more but I suggest before anything else to confirm your SD card has correct data and the game passes the unibios crc game check.

Ricard350

n00b
I have the rom set downloaded from the suggested source in the NEOSD support thread. Its amazing what you can find when using the search function! :)
It passed the CRC check.

It seems to happen only when I wants to save initials on my memory card with no prior save. Right now the only way to retrigger that same error is to enter the memory card manager and delete the Magical Drop 2 save on it and redoing the same scheme described on my original post.

need to see the address registers to know more but I suggest before anything else.

Would you need me to capture the screen of all from 000000 to FFFFFF on both System Memory and VRam view??

Thanks

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have the rom set downloaded from the suggested source in the NEOSD support thread. Its amazing what you can find when using the search function! :)
It passed the CRC check.

It seems to happen only when I wants to save initials on my memory card with no prior save. Right now the only way to retrigger that same error is to enter the memory card manager and delete the Magical Drop 2 save on it and redoing the same scheme described on my original post.

Would you need me to capture the screen of all from 000000 to FFFFFF on both System Memory and VRam view??

Thanks

No, on the error screen take the first picture of that initial screen. Then press button 'a' to see the address registers and then take another picture.