Omega MV-1C boot loop issues

sammargh

n00b
I have an Omega MV-1C consolized MVS system with a Biosmasta with integrated memory card and Unibios v3.1.

My Omega had been in storage for a while and I recently pulled it out to play some games. I started having weird boot loop issues to the point that the system no longer started. Once I unplugged the system so I could open it I instantly knew that the biosmasta had become unseated as you could hear it move.

I reseated the biosmasta and now it boots up however it glitches constantly now. Games will boot up and then after a few minutes the system will do a soft reboot sometimes resulting in a boot loop forever and sometimes will just start up, play the game for 30 seconds and then reboot. Sometimes as well the graphics will corrupt with each reboot and get worse and worse. Every single game I try seems to do this.

This seems to happen on every game and I'm not sure if the MV-1C is toast or if the biosmasta is or if it somehow toasted the unibios or...?

I've tried unseating the biosmasta, cleaning the pins with rubbing alcohol and reseating as well as inspecting the two soldered wires. They all appear fine so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this issue. I also tried reformatting the memory card thinking maybe it had been causing issues.

Any tips are appreciated.

Edit: Oh I've also used a few carts with the CRC test in Unibios and Magician Lord, Windjammers and MSlug 5 all resulted in OK in the check.

Edit x2: So I've been informed that backup ram != memory card. I just cleared the backup ram so letting it run again to see if reboots come back.

Last edited:

sammargh

n00b
So the backup ram didn't do squat. I decided to check the two soldered wires and straighten them out along with testing using a multimeter. It appears the 5V line is getting a constant 4.96-4.97V and so far hasn't crashed. Perhaps the unseating of the biosmasta caused a wire to shift just enough to bridge a pin?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure the bios masts is fully seated, you need to squeeze it on both sides of the motherboard to snap it on correctly. Also don't forget to clean the slots with contact cleaner like deoxit-d5