Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The official ng.com nachos thread

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    This. Love my guac. I don' t consider them a meal - more of a snack.
    Nachos are a meal. Splitting half a sandwich and a cup of soup with your dad is a snack.
    >

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Nachos are a meal. Splitting half a sandwich and a cup of soup with your dad is a snack.
    Agreed...nachos are a meal, or they're a fail.

Chips/salsa is mostly a snack. (although I can easily make it a meal if I'm determined enough).
    Got so butthurt, had to have anal surgery...

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
    Probably the real deciding factor is the quantity--usually, when you order nachos at a restaurant, you get a huge fucking mountain of the things with all the fixings, and that's definitely a meal.
    "I realized when I became a reformed alcoholic that, hey, I'm still the same asshole, I just have fewer dents in my car."
    - Robin Williams

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    At the taco stands here if you get chips and cheese or chips and beans it's definitely an app/side. But they also have "supreme" versions that are meals. At bars/restaurants they're usually meal size, or meant for sharing as an app.
    >

Amano's Drinking Buddy
    Probably the best restaurant nachos I had were at a restaurant called Coltons in Missouri. They had the standard chicken, black beans, corn, onions, salsa, Pico, chips, etc but also there was this smokey sauce on top that blended all the flavors together. It was incredible.

I like loaded nachos with a bunch of meats and ingredients. Not a big fan of the liquid cheese, but I'm not going to say no to nachos.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    When we go to Seaside we tend to get the Mucho Nacho & pizza. I can only nachos w/ family, no way i share or partake on free nachos with friends or parties. Just seem unsanitary to me.

20525513_1395117010604579_2182632945634262122_n.jpg

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    When we go to Seaside we tend to get the Mucho Nacho & pizza. I can only nachos w/ family, no way i share or partake on free nachos with friends or parties. Just seem unsanitary to me.

Ohh yeah all the jalapenos are making me horny!

For the tunes lovers!

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !
    Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post

god-fucking-damn! Now I know what to do on the next meeting I'll do with my friends
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-chan View Post
    And to think I only use cheese for nachos... damn Ren I have to try out this one you wrote here. *hungry*
    In fact... most of the places I get nachos it's just cheese only, only place I saw something like you 2 say it's the Foster's Hollywood or mexican restaurants.
    From one Ren to another; I just made these for dinner tonight at the wife's request.

Let me know what you think if you ever give the recipe a try.

madman's attempt at an LS-esque thread is successful. god bless al the nacho eaters here

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    madman's attempt at an LS-esque thread is successful. god bless al the nacho eaters here
    Most of my threads are more successful than yours. Ketchup on eggs thread went 7 pages. Your threads mostly get responses telling you you're a drunk loser fagit that should kill himself.
    >

I was Born This Ugly.
    Most of my threads are more successful than yours. Ketchup on eggs thread went 7 pages. Your threads mostly get responses telling you you're a drunk loser fagit that should kill himself.
    Isn't that mostly you making those replies?

On topic...had nachos for dinner last night...simple Simon too, chips, cheese, beans, meat...and plenty of Cholula dumped on top, it was delicious.

this made me snortle

or chortle

whatever

the point being a-haha

edit: madman keeps count of his thread's pages against LS threads confirmed. best news of the day here. sad life
    Last edited by LoneSage; 11-05-2017 at 09:47 AM.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Here is Los angeles, the best nachos are found in older hole in the wall taco shops.

They usually call them super nachos.

Most places just cut the tortillas they use for the tacos and deep fry them to make the chips. Next they top the freshly made corn chips with refried beans, shredded cheese (I think it is Monterey Jack, but the Americanized places may uses shredded chedder, or nacho cheese sauce), carne asada (or carnitas, pollo, al Pastor, etc.), jalapenos, salsa, onions, cilantro, crema.
    The crema (Mexican style sour cream ) is a good addition to the super nachos because it helps cut the heat. Finally they top them with a bit of guacamole.

The last time I was in San Diego, I had BBQ nachos. They were corn chips topped with nacho cheese and pulled pork. I was into them at first, but the sweet BBQ sauce used in the pulled pork got to me. I wasnt a fan of the combo, or the price. BBQ nachos were about $15, while superior tasting and filling super nachos are about $6-8.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    edit: madman keeps count of his thread's pages against LS threads confirmed. best news of the day here. sad life
    If by that you meant I spent 5 seconds to see how many pages the ketchup on eggs thread was and not looking at any of yours, then yes. The fact that I spent 5 seconds looking at one of my old threads was the best thing to happen in your day proves what a drunken loser you are. That is truly sad. Now either kill yourself or stop crapping up another one of my successful threads.
    Last edited by madman; 11-05-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    >

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20det510 View Post
    Here is Los angeles, the best nachos are found in older hole in the wall taco shops.

They usually call them super nachos.

Most places just cut the tortillas they use for the tacos and deep fry them to make the chips. Next they top the freshly made corn chips with refried beans, shredded cheese (I think it is Monterey Jack, but the Americanized places may uses shredded chedder, or nacho cheese sauce), carne asada (or carnitas, pollo, al Pastor, etc.), jalapenos, salsa, onions, cilantro, crema.
    The crema (Mexican style sour cream ) is a good addition to the super nachos because it helps cut the heat. Finally they top them with a bit of guacamole.

The last time I was in San Diego, I had BBQ nachos. They were corn chips topped with nacho cheese and pulled pork. I was into them at first, but the sweet BBQ sauce used in the pulled pork got to me. I wasnt a fan of the combo, or the price. BBQ nachos were about $15, while superior tasting and filling super nachos are about $6-8.
    I had some BBQ nachos in KC not too long ago...like you, I was loving them at first but it got old quick.

I don't need my nachos to be fancy...fancy attempts seem to get old...

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Yeah I agree on the non-traditional nachos. Pulled pork nachos are not uncommon at bars here. There's a touristy restaurant downtown where their pot roast nachos are a popular item, which I'm sure is fine once every few years if that's your thing.

sr200detroitaudi5000 brings up a good point, fresh made chips are where its at. It's pretty common here and why not, better margins than buying pre-made chips.
    >

If by that you meant I spent 5 seconds to see how many pages the ketchup on eggs thread was and not looking at any of yours, then yes. The fact that I spent 5 seconds looking at one of my old threads was the best thing to happen in your day proves what a drunken loser you are. That is truly sad. Now either kill yourself or stop crapping up another one of my successful threads.
    LMBO

Less bickering, more home-made nacho pics.

Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan
    Tortilla chips
    Velveeta cheese
    More chips
    Refrieds
    Cheddar
    Chicken fajita meat
    Salsa
    Velveeta

Throw in the oven until it gets gooey

Eat and enjoy

I hate olives and avocado so they have to place in my nacho world.
    cool dude

Thread Information