Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo Geo Framemeister profile wip:

Neo Bubble Buster

Neo Geo Framemeister profile wip:

Spent the day fine-tuning my 4x scale 1080p profile for the AES. Tomorrow I will do the same for 5x 1080p and 3x 720p. I will upload all 3 to my web site when I finish. Here's a screen cap of my unmodded AES3-3 at 4x scale in 1080p:

-FBX

Fio's Quartermaster

Legit

The pixel purist has Neo profiles already. I'm willing to give yours a chance though.

Sakura's Bank Manager

Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    Spent the day fine-tuning my 4x scale 1080p profile for the AES. Tomorrow I will do the same for 5x 1080p and 3x 720p. I will upload all 3 to my web site when I finish. Here's a screen cap of my unmodded AES3-3 at 4x scale in 1080p:

-FBX
    Awesome. Will these work for MVS as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    The pixel purist has Neo profiles already. I'm willing to give yours a chance though.
    FBX = Firebrandx = The Pixel Purist

Heh. Sorry. I started to wonder as I posted. Thanks for your efforts. I've used the profiles in all my Youtube vids.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

-FBX
    That Kick is so deadly.

Occult Archmage

Got any profiles for other consoles?

Edit - found your webpage
    Last edited by F4U57; 08-13-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Bashful Neophyte

FBX,

I was thinking of writing a windows editor for the Framemeister data files. It look like a fairly straightforward binary format (fixed file size etc.). Do you know if the format is documented anywhere?

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by xterc View Post
    FBX,

I was thinking of writing a windows editor for the Framemeister data files. It look like a fairly straightforward binary format (fixed file size etc.). Do you know if the format is documented anywhere?
    Sadly I do not. I could really use an editor for the profiles though, as doing mass changes in settings takes an entire evening to knock out manually at this point.

Anyway, I finished fine-tuning the AES profiles with masking and color correction. Now in this case because I am using an unmodded 3-3, I've had to set the A/D level to 160, which corrects the brightness level of the stock RGB output. When I upload these files, I'm going to warn users that if they are on a bypass-modded AES, they should lower the A/D back down to the 130s range. I'm going to include the monitor test ROM for NeoSD users so they can use the color bar test pattern to adjust A/D with (the trick is to watch the top two green shades and adjust A/D until they are distinguishable without crushing them together).

Since I want to hold off on an official new package update until I finish re-vamping PS2 profiles, I'll just post the new AES profiles here for y'all to use for now:

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/aesprofiles.zip

Included in the package is the montest.neo ROM for NeoSD users to calibrate A/D with.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Thank you FBX for all of this wonderful information!

When is the PCE profile due out? We've been using the NES one.

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    When is the PCE profile due out? We've been using the NES one.
    There's a TDUO one that has been in the package for months now. ;-)

Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.

Is this pack available?

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by lolifoxgirl View Post
    Is this pack available?
    http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html

Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.

Woo nice.

Cham Cham's Banana

Looks great.

There's a TDUO one that has been in the package for months now. ;-)
    Seems like I'm wrong about everything in this thread! I wonder why my brother didn't find it. Thank you!

New Challenger

Excellent work on these FBX, they look great. Been looking for a Framemeister site like yours for a while.

I've been using the previous profile on my consolized MVS for a while, but I notice in some games, things that should be blue are purple. Also almost anything white looks like a solid block of white with no detail. I'm sure this is because AES and MVS have different characteristics, but if I may ask, what settings should I change in order to correct this?

Bashful Neophyte

I managed to spend a bit of time tonight looking at the locations in the .BIN file for certain settings. The format is pretty straightforward and not check-summed in any way. Here are my initial findings:

ADD SETTING
    2E4 H_WIDTH
    2E5 V_WIDTH
    2E9 H_SCALER
    18 & 1F HDMI_OUTPUT: 0=480_60p,1=720_60p,2=1080_60i,3=1080_60p
    2D8 A/D_LEVEL
    2DE H_POS
    2DF V_POS
    2EA V_SCALER
    2F5 SKEW
    2F9 ZOOM_SIZE
    2FA ZOOM_H_POS
    2FB ZOOM_V_POS
    2FC ZOOM_WIDTH
    2FD ZOOM_OVERSCAN

I've mapped out 155 separate setting entries, but I imagine I'm missing some.

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by DigitlSamurai View Post
    I've been using the previous profile on my consolized MVS for a while, but I notice in some games, things that should be blue are purple. Also almost anything white looks like a solid block of white with no detail. I'm sure this is because AES and MVS have different characteristics, but if I may ask, what settings should I change in order to correct this?
    First, you need to calibrate A/D to your specific Neo Geo setup. Easiest way to do this is to use the montest.neo ROM I provided in the current package (but requires a NeoSD). If you don't have a NeoSD, you'll have to use your best guess. Those ojects that are overblown with white are a good start. Lower A/D until you see the detail you should see. As for purple versus blue, you can't change hue in RGB input, so that sounds like an issue I really have no control over. At any rate, here's a recent video I posted on Youtube demonstrating the process of A/D calibration (please watch in 720 format, and my apologies for Youtube screwing up the frame rate and audio sync at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85qa2y8i44

I've mapped out 155 separate setting entries, but I imagine I'm missing some.
    Awesome! If you get it all worked out, can you post the full details as well as an editor I can use to change the values manually? Much appreciated!
    Last edited by FBX; 08-22-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Bashful Neophyte

I'll post every address and post a prototype editor which will just use Excel to read and write the BIN files. It won't be anything fancy, but it should provide an easy way to do bulk edits.

Neo Bubble Buster

I'll post every address and post a prototype editor which will just use Excel to read and write the BIN files. It won't be anything fancy, but it should provide an easy way to do bulk edits.
    Me love you long time! :-P

Neo Bubble Buster

Got an OSSC. And yeah, blows the Framemeister away, but is quite a bit more complex to develop optimal settings for. I'm getting the hang of it though. Check out my AES in 4x optimal integer scaling on the OSSC, which I screenshotted with my Datapath Vision card:

Neo Geo - OSSC - 4x - 02.png

That's a raw unedited screenshot. Looks emulator-crisp!

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

FirebrandX What do you recommend for Capacitors/resistors on the RGB/sync lines when connecting an mvs to the framemeister?

Thread Information