Columbus Crew owner Precourt threatens to relocate team to Austin

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I don’t mind if they do relocate in 2019, Crew don’t necessarily draw in the big crowds and Austin is the largest US city without a major professional sports franchise.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
yeah, I've only been to one crew game...Cincy has a local team though..

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I was watching the first leg of the NYC match in Columbus and even the announcers mentioned that throughout the year the big questions being asked when they visited Columbus were “When is Cincinnati coming to MLS.” Nearly nobody was talking about the Crew.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Man people here will flip, central OH is insane. The crowds aren't huge but the fans are die hard like Bruce Willis. College football is one thing but the soccer and hockey fans have something to prove.

I don't care either way. I just don't want to hear about it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Lots of crew fans here, but the stadium is getting old, and kind of out of the way for most people. Not on Campus, or downtown. It is near campus though, but you would have to walk through ghetto to get there, and almost on to the highway. A lot of people at work are in an uproar. I personally don't care. If it was in a better location like the Shoe or Clippers stadium, they would see much better sales.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
First ever Crew game I went to was a playoff game at the Horseshoe. Brad Friedel and Brian McBride, good times. Got to see Carlos Valderrama play for the Tampa Bay Mutiny, too.