Review: Jamma Nation X GOTW octogate for Neo sticks

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hiya guys.

I posted up a review today of James' GOTW octagonal gate for Neo Geo sticks:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Very nice man, James sent one with the CMVS I purchased from him but I haven't gotten around to installing it. I guess I better get this thing installed already!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Great video bro! I'd only add one point: durability.

The original metallic gate of the AES stick tends to scrap the small plastic part at the bottom of the shaft over time, which can affect the precision of the stick.

Another reason to install a GOTW :buttrock:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Great video bro! I'd only add one point: durability.

The original metallic gate of the AES stick tends to scrap the small plastic part at the bottom of the shaft over time, which can affect the precision of the stick.
I'd be surprised if your shaft has any wear on it whatsoever.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
How long before joala asks something silly?

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
How long before joala asks something silly?

Fuck, you cut me deep bro.

Didnt you learn there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers? Never really understood that myself, however.

I'm waiting for a OG stick to be delivered. Have buttons on hand to replace the stock ones.

I'm loving Todds demo though, may have to dive in for $4.99....

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm waiting for a OG stick to be delivered. Have buttons on hand to replace the stock ones.

That's the best improvement you can make to the old style stick. The stock buttons are mushy and clickity clackity loud.

Sure, you can relube the stick, tighten the spring tension and replace the gate, but those buttons are the worst offenders.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I think they are sanwa OEM copies but they still seem to function fine.

I'll be using the quick connectors for the rear pins on the buttons instead of soldering them so can change them out to real Sanwas if needed.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Great little review bro! Got mine from James some months back and absolutely love em!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
good review, will hopefully make some more people aware of Jame's outstanding work.

on another note: does anyone have a recommendation on a spring to replace the stock one? mine is way too loose...

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Saw the review, saw the price, easy buy. I went on the website and put a couple in my cart, went to checkout aaaaaaaand they're sold out. Damn it. I'll be picking them up as soon as they come back in stock.

Edit: back in stock as of 11/19. Get 'em while they're hot.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I had forgotten my bean stick had one of these inside. I gotta get two of these of my hori sticks, so they improve.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Glad everyone is enjoying them. Like mentioned both the white version and clear are back in stock.

No luck so far on the Hori GOTW proto. Still doesn’t feel right, I think it’s a combo of the stick needing lube and spring getting weak.