Anyone frame mini-marquees?

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Been thinking of this for a while now, if anyone knows of a decent-sized picture frame (like from Ikea) to mount mini-marquees in?

Alternatively I have seen quite a few places selling these light box things - where you add in letters on several rows etc, and i thought about either re-purposing one of those, or to try to fabricate something to replicate a backlit marquee in a Neo cab.

Did anyone make repro marquee parts like this?

Anyway, if anyone has made anything unique like this could you post it here?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always wanted to do this. snk always had sweet looking marquees. but i did frame a super street fighter 2 turbo marquee a few years back.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I have some framing arcade marquees, 5 different games stacked vertically to make a poster kinda for the Game Room. Kinda same idea. I saw a bar once that had Marques under plexiglass on each table you sat at.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Been thinking of this for a while now, if anyone knows of a decent-sized picture frame (like from Ikea) to mount mini-marquees in?
Have you considered using a Neo-Geo cab? I bet it would probably look pretty boss.

tenor.gif

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Have you considered using a Neo-Geo cab? I bet it would probably look pretty boss.

Yes, used to have a U4, but I had to sell it.
dPukUkK.jpg

Do you have any other helpful suggestions?

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
i always wanted to do this. snk always had sweet looking marquees. but i did frame a super street fighter 2 turbo marquee a few years back.

Ah the legendary 2X checkboard, always wanted a full size poster of that!

I have a Matrimelee flyer in a frame, but I have a bunch of posters that I never got round to putting in frames.

I have some framing arcade marquees, 5 different games stacked vertically to make a poster kinda for the Game Room. Kinda same idea. I saw a bar once that had Marques under plexiglass on each table you sat at.

I had thought about grouping a bunch together, but whatever I end up doing, I would like to add a backlight.

I have looked into some of those cheap light boxes, but I don't think that I can really re-purpose one of them.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Building one that somewhat replicates those cabinets marques that held 1-4 but to a bigger scale would be cool to see. If you do use a backlight make sure to use an LED bulb and not fluorescent unless you like your marques being extra crispy piss yellow.

Best of luck finding a solution. A light box would probably work nicely as well but you may need to go custom for this. How many marques are we talking about?

Last edited:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Sure! Either buy a cab or quit collecting marquees like a cabless poseur.

The translucent marquees would look great when displayed with a backlight in or out of a cab, and would offer something different from a framed poster.

It would be nice to be able to come up with a design like the backlit marquees in the 4 slot cabs, but it needs to be designed from scratch, -unless repros of the marquees from the SC19 / U4 / Neo 29 etc are available.

Anyone aware of any repro bits for Neo Cabs?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Michaels has all sorts of frame sizes but I think they're US based only. Standard there is like 5x7 for the small and mini marquees are around 4 3/8" x 5 3/8" so it's still a bit much. Maybe cut a border and leave the back open and place a LED light or something there to make it pop out.