Original Xbox King of Fighters NeoWave Now Backwards Compatible on XB1

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/23/xbox-one-original-xbox-backwards-compatibility-crimson-skies/

Boots right from the og Xbox disc. Honestly pretty neat! NeoWave was fun if nothing special, it had some sleek UI I guess. Also ponytail Geese is :drool:. Cool to see SNK supporting the initiative from launch. Won't be surprised if we see Metal Slug 3, 4/5, and SamSho V backwards compatible in the future!

Will any of y'all actually plug in your XB1 now instead of using it as a coaster like I do?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm sure everyone here will be scrambling to play neowave, thanks for the news!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I remember the sprites looking like dogshit on the XB.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'm so glad they play off the fucking disk but, the selection of og games to start with is pathetic and some of them are just down right stupid choices.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Fucking awesome. Definitely going to play Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden Black.

I'm so glad they play off the fucking disk but, the selection of og games to start with is pathetic and some of them are just down right stupid choices.

Agreed on both accounts. I hope Panzer Dragoon Orta will get support alongside all the other abandoned Sega games. I'd be willing to give GunValkyrie a shot again, even if I will probably just eject it and throw it across the room with its miserable controls. I also hope Metal Wolf Chaos will receive some support.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
if i had a fightstick for the xbone i might of been more exited about this. but some of them other games coming over to the xbone is good news.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Actually the original is one of the most played systems in my room. Helps when it's modified to play most older console and arcade games. Even before I got mine modded I still play it for CVS2 and SVC.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Is it really that hard to get original Xbox games working on the Xbone? Aren't they both just x86 PCs in a fancy case?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Every time I've ever heard talk about it the games have to be emulated one at a time. That's why emulation on the 360 of OG xbox games had plenty of glitches. I.E. You can't use Arcade background mode in Neowave I think. There was also slowdown problems with the 3rd Strike emulation.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Hopefully, it will work better than KoF 2002 on Xbox 360. Even though Microsoft listed that game as backwards compatible, this is what it looked like when I played it:

KompatybilnoscWstecznaX360.jpg

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Nice. That's the only version that was sold in the US so at least gives it some life again.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i got it last week, and i never really got into it when it launched (i didn't have arcade stick for xbox OG)... now that i had more time to mess around with it, i am actually wondering what everyone's setups are for graphics.

Also on the same note i just downloaded KOF 97 and 96 for Xbox One from the ACA Neo Geo series from Hamsters, and those games play flawlessly, they have scanlines options, i highly recomend them, the one thing i didn't like is that you can't clear buttons (like if RB already has a preset, you can't set it to blank, unless i missed something)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Wonder if Japanese copies of games would work... I have some Xbox imports like KOF 2003, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Conker Live & Reloaded laying around. :scratch:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ If I remember right they didn't have import restrictions on the original xbox system (or very little), but I know KOF '03 never got a patch for the 360. Just Neowave and '02.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This game is really fun if the only other KOF you have is ‘94. I think SNK learned Atomiswave by speed porting enough assetts to technically make this a full sized game. It’s really pointless other than that though. Compare to, 2003, 11, Battle Colosseum or anything else it’s junk. I’d rather play Capcom Fighting Jam. :)

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Also on the same note i just downloaded KOF 97 and 96 for Xbox One from the ACA Neo Geo series from Hamsters, and those games play flawlessly, they have scanlines options, i highly recomend them, the one thing i didn't like is that you can't clear buttons (like if RB already has a preset, you can't set it to blank, unless i missed something)

Never played the PS4/XB1 ACA series, only the Switch. Do the NG ACA series on those platforms allow you to assign button combos to the shoulders, like A+B to L1?