Anything interesting going on in your local elections this November?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't know if it made the national news or not, but our state representative, John Kivela, committed suicide back in May, after getting caught drunk driving (again). So, we've got a special election to replace him. Other than that, it's just local city council elections and a couple of millages for parks/recreation and city equipment/vehicle replacement.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Our local councillor was caught up in a politicians expenses scandal after buying her daughter a house with taxpayers money. She's pro brexit in a highly anti brexit constituency, conservative in a high immigrant population and doesn't even live in our constituency. She gets re-elected without fail every time.

I feel nothing but disdain for people who can't be fucked to vote.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
We've got a proposition to increase funding for the zoo. We've also got one to increase the mayor's salary. I make more than the mayor right now. :keke:

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
We've got a proposition to increase funding for the zoo. We've also got one to increase the mayor's salary. I make more than the mayor right now. :keke:

That's not too surprising. Even mayors of decent sized cities don't get paid very much.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In VA it's Northam vs. Gillespie for governor. Gillespie wasn't all bad, before the campaign, but then he starts campaigning with fear mongering shit about MS13, and illegal immigrants (MS13 is mostly domestic recruiting), and getting rid of sanctuary cities (VA doesn't have them anyways).

In a nutshell, it's like the republican guy thinks Virginians are complete idiots. So he loses my vote.

That said, going to vote for Northam and keep that xenophobic in the garbage can.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There is some Constitutional Convention thing I've seen signs out for voting no. I know that is on the list. This area is gerrymandered to the bejeezus and back and usually there is no point voting in anything unless it related to the federal government. By that I mean 90% of the races have people running unopposed.

EDIT: not running unopposed in the election, but unopposed on the ticket.