Sony PVM issue

Hey all,

I recently picked up a second hand Sony PVM 20L4 from a TV company that was having a clear out.

I bought a BNC to Female Scart cable, plugged it in to my current console set-up and switched it on to see that the screen has a vibrant red hue.

The red wash isn't there in the menu settings, so I know it's a problem with the connectors I'm using, or the set-up.

I searched the forum a bit and saw someone else had a similar issue with their PVM that was fixed when they switched to a BNC to male Scart adapter, so I ordered one of those, but the problem is persisting.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem? It's driving me nuts.

Best,

goz

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Do you have the monitor set to component rather than RGB input?

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Definitely check the sync out, but if that isn't there I would open up the SCART head and compare it to the proper pinout (found with a simple google search) to make sure everything is wired where it should be. I've even had a trusted brand of BNC breakout cable wired incorrectly - it happens.

Also plug in something over regular yellow RCA composite connection and make sure the colors are correct - we want to rule out the monitor itself being busted.

Lol -- yeah this was it. In my (slim) defence, my old PVM doesn't have a component option, so it didn't cross my mind.

Thanks so much, wyo

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lol -- yeah this was it. In my (slim) defence, my old PVM doesn't have a component option, so it didn't cross my mind.

Thanks so much, wyo

Great news, happy to help! :)