BARI-ARM Sega Cd

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thanks to NeoCvera sales thread I found out about this game. I figured since it sold for a high price, the game must be decent.

From the 1st Stage to the last I could not put the controller down. Being a fan of the Thunderforce Series and Thunderforce III being my favorite shtmup on the Genny, also my favorite shtmup of all time, this game just topped it.

The Level Design, boss battles, the music is some of the best music I heard in a Shtmup game. If your into the Lords of Thunder Game Music, the soundtrack in this game will not disappoint.

I never hear anyone talk about this game. Is there a reason everyone talks about Musha, Robo Aleste and bunch of other great shtmups on the Genny and not this one?

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Bari Arm aka Android Assault is definitely a hidden gem. Hands down the best Sega CD shooter and one of my favorites from that era. People are more focused on other games because they receive far more publicity and/or are part of well-known franchises.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Bari Arm aka Android Assault is definitely a hidden gem. Hands down the best Sega CD shooter and one of my favorites from that era. People are more focused on other games because they receive far more publicity and/or are part of well-known franchises.

Yea bro, I don't get it. I mean, I'm happy that I stumbled upon a retro game this good in 2017 but it's funny how people hardly mention it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yea bro, I don't get it. I mean, I'm happy that I stumbled upon a retro game this good in 2017 but it's funny how people hardly mention it.

What do you want? Someone to create a hype campaign for it?
Maybe some famous slob on youtube will make a "funny" song about soon. That'll get it mentioned!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Bari arm is legit. Stage 3 Zeus fleet has some awesome music. I dunno if it’s hidden, the game is pretty expensive already.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's good, but it's only due to the fact that it's released on the Sega-CD, that it can be called great. The absence of competition is bliss.

geise

Mickey's Coach
In it's own right I think it's a good shooter. The difficulty is decent enough and you have to really choose weapons wisely on certain levels. The soundtrack is also pretty damn good. The game actually gets a decent amount of talk now and then. Just depends on the corner of the internet you're on I guess.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
One of the rare US releases where the artwork is on par, if not better than the JP version