Thread: BARI-ARM Sega Cd

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

BARI-ARM Sega Cd

Thanks to NeoCvera sales thread I found out about this game. I figured since it sold for a high price, the game must be decent.

From the 1st Stage to the last I could not put the controller down. Being a fan of the Thunderforce Series and Thunderforce III being my favorite shtmup on the Genny, also my favorite shtmup of all time, this game just topped it.

The Level Design, boss battles, the music is some of the best music I heard in a Shtmup game. If your into the Lords of Thunder Game Music, the soundtrack in this game will not disappoint.

I never hear anyone talk about this game. Is there a reason everyone talks about Musha, Robo Aleste and bunch of other great shtmups on the Genny and not this one?
    Last edited by RAZO; 10-22-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Neo*Geomancer

Bari Arm aka Android Assault is definitely a hidden gem. Hands down the best Sega CD shooter and one of my favorites from that era. People are more focused on other games because they receive far more publicity and/or are part of well-known franchises.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Bari Arm aka Android Assault is definitely a hidden gem. Hands down the best Sega CD shooter and one of my favorites from that era. People are more focused on other games because they receive far more publicity and/or are part of well-known franchises.
    Yea bro, I don't get it. I mean, I'm happy that I stumbled upon a retro game this good in 2017 but it's funny how people hardly mention it.

Crossed Swords Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Yea bro, I don't get it. I mean, I'm happy that I stumbled upon a retro game this good in 2017 but it's funny how people hardly mention it.
    What do you want? Someone to create a hype campaign for it?
    Maybe some famous slob on youtube will make a "funny" song about soon. That'll get it mentioned!

KING of teh SCOOPS!

Bari arm is legit. Stage 3 Zeus fleet has some awesome music. I dunno if it’s hidden, the game is pretty expensive already.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    Bari arm is legit. Stage 3 Zeus fleet has some awesome music. I dunno if it’s hidden, the game is pretty expensive already.
    I love the stage 3 and 6 music.

Chang's Grocer

It's good, but it's only due to the fact that it's released on the Sega-CD, that it can be called great. The absence of competition is bliss.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Android Assault is legit. A bit easy, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me
    LOL.. Get rekt, lonely boy

B. Jenet's Firstmate

In it's own right I think it's a good shooter. The difficulty is decent enough and you have to really choose weapons wisely on certain levels. The soundtrack is also pretty damn good. The game actually gets a decent amount of talk now and then. Just depends on the corner of the internet you're on I guess.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

I hear you. Been a fan for years. I think I'll go play it now!
    "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers"
    -Marilyn Manson

Xbox live gamertag: Crazyquadruped

SouthTown StreetSweeper

One of the rare US releases where the artwork is on par, if not better than the JP version

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by PunkicCyborg View Post
    One of the rare US releases where the artwork is on par, if not better than the JP version
    If you'd consider tongue-in-cheek as on par, then it's better for sure. If you're a fan of diversions like me, though...

Thread Information