Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Do you know how many YEARS we waited for a flashcard that could hold all games at once? A few months won't kill you. You could also subscribe to the Flash Masta blog and purchase one of Flavors excellent cards when they become available again.
    Just recently, I dug up my Flashmasta cartridge, and as it turns out, it's not that excellent in 2017. It was a major pain to get it to work on x64 Win 10, and even when the software could finally detect it, it detected it as a legit game cartridge, and the write option was disables. There's really nothing easier than putting images on an SD card. Full disclosure, though. I have the earlier version of the cartridge, without the switch allowing you to store two games at once.

Still, a choice between having one or two images written to a cartridge at any given time, and having all of them on an SD card is simple. Get the SD card one. I might just get it as well, since my current unit refuses to cooperate.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by leonk View Post
    I know! I Know! A multicart for the CD-i !!!!

All jokes aside, I think some sort of optical drive replacement will really be big in the future. Time has shown that spinning disc consoles are not going to be as reliable as cart based ones. The really big, popular consoles are coming up in terms of being "hot". PS1, PS2, Gamecube, ...

I know that there's already for Saturn and Dreamcast .. but those have years worth of waitlists!
    Actually, the usb-gdrom device, which plays Dreamcast games from a thumbdrive, can be ordered with no problems. I have one, and it works great. This is the one Im talking about:
    http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
    You have to break an egg, if you are to know what is inside.

Can't wait for announcement! NeoSD was literally perfect.

Your initial post worries me though. Arcade products are a tough sell since it's such a niche market. I think CPS1/CPS2 is about the only thing that would have a good chance to outsell NeoSD. As much as I hate to say that, because I would love tons of NeoSD arcade related products. I feel if you delved deeper down the arcade rabbit hole it would lead to ultimate failure.

The NeoSD Modem idea is killer, as is the Cave idea.

I think the best success will be with products that are much cheaper than the NeoSD was. It was a great value for the money, but $500.00 is more than some people will ever drop. Meaning it's not pulling in many people who didn't collect Neo Geo in the first place because of the price to get in the hobby.

Anyway, I would love a PC Engine CD/SD card solution, that's easy to install. Probably wouldn't be the best sell either though.

Again, NeoSD Modem....

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Just recently, I dug up my Flashmasta cartridge, and as it turns out, it's not that excellent in 2017. It was a major pain to get it to work on x64 Win 10, and even when the software could finally detect it, it detected it as a legit game cartridge, and the write option was disables. [...] I have the earlier version of the cartridge, without the switch allowing you to store two games at once.
    Well, that's a shame. I haven't tried with Win10 yet to be honest and I guess Flavor has a ton of other projects so it might be a while until he fixes the driver (if he gets around to it at all). You could always set up a virtual machine with an older OS/Linux (or boot Linux from a USB-stick), but that seems like a lot of hassle to get it to work. It might be different with the new model (built in USB port), but I don't have one to test. Maybe just drop Flavor a line, he might know a better work around.

Die Gans

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    Anyway, I would love a PC Engine CD/SD card solution, that's easy to install. Probably wouldn't be the best sell either though.
    I would love to get my hands on a piece of hardware that plugs into the back of a regular PCE, has RGB & HDMI out and plays ISO images off of an SD card. I'm pretty sure that something like that would sell very well, actually. Not just that it would save us a ton of money on games, we also wouln'd have to worry about RGB mods, broken drives and leaking caps anymore.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by supergoose View Post
    I would love to get my hands on a piece of hardware that plugs into the back of a regular PCE, has RGB & HDMI out and plays ISO images off of an SD card. I'm pretty sure that something like that would sell very well, actually. Not just that it would save us a ton of money on games, we also wouln'd have to worry about RGB mods, broken drives and leaking caps anymore.
    Oh I'd love that. Not sure about the HDMI bit though. I think I rather leave that to be handled by my Framemeister. Unless digital video signal can be tapped in directly?

Die Gans

Yeah, HDMI isn't a must for me either but it may be easier to sell it that way.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Yeah, HDMI isn't a must for me either but it may be easier to sell it that way.
    Depends in the price as well. If it costs a lot of money it won't sell.

Baseball Star Hitter

I'm interested to see what Terraonion have come up with this time, but I'm not sure what I'd want to see.

I'd definitely buy some sort of NGPC player for the TV (I think xsq mentioned something along those lines previously), I can't deal with that tiny screen anymore. I doubt this would be a huge seller though, certainly not more popular than the NeoSD.

Great ideas guys, its being really nice to read that.
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Already kind of exists but is expensive/looks shonky - https://www.beep-shop.com/blog/8154/
    I'd like a better pc engine everdrive, one that added arcade card fuctionality and a hardware save manager for console based saves and sd card transfer

Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    I prefer this one (not sure if she's cooking, but what the hell):

AHHAHAHAHAHA!!! The BEST advert I think I've ever seen. Holy shit, that's clever

Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

Baseball Star Hitter

When will the teasing end??

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    When will the teasing end??
    Neosd is like a stripper... who only shows you a bit more flesh every time you visit...

...Consider this the fully clothed with the potential for a nipple shot... stage...

xROTx

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

MAKE C64 GREAT AGAIN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    Love it lol!!!
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    MAKE C64 GREAT AGAIN!!!

Long live to the TAPES !!!!

Post sponsoded by Tak

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I'm setting up the tent as we speak....

Spoiler:
    in my pants

!!

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    Looks Great.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK View Post
    Love it lol!!!
    Got it in green aswel

Dogg-Father

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post

xROTx
    It'd have to have been great before to be again...just saying...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    It'd have to have been great before to be again...just saying...
    LOW BLOW!

I cry foul...

xROTx

PS. Where's that yellow flag?...

EDIT. Oh well... I'll just war Room lock you instead Poochie... IN YOUR FACE MOFO!!!!!

Annex Florida Coalition
    Goodwill Ambassador

Make Catalonia great again is what it should say.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Thread Information