Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
War room lock... Perma...

NEXT mother fucker please....

xROTx

You do realize at this point that you are the singular problem with this site right?

I mean...what took you so long to ban me fat man?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Got my SD System 3 in the mail a few days ago. Beautiful product. So far every game works perfect. Setup was easy, and the performance seems better than my Duo RX. If anyone is contemplating a purchase, it's a no brainer. It costs about as much as 2 or 3 really good expensive Super CD's.

Will be patiently awaiting TerraOnion's next product. Hope its for ps1, sega cd, or saturn.

Last edited:

Loukey

n00b
Got my SD System 3 in the mail a few days ago. Beautiful product. So far every game works perfect. Setup was easy, and the performance seems better than my Duo RX. If anyone is contemplating a purchase, it's a no brainer. It costs about as much as 2 or 3 really good expensive Super CD's.

Will be patiently awaiting TerraOnion's next product. Hope its for ps1, sega cd, or saturn.

My fingers are already crossed that the extra engineer they hired is to work out a SegaCD ODE.

Relikk

n00b
That should be winning. I am waiting for that for a long time...

Indeed. While the Dreamcast and Saturn ODE's aren't freely available, they have been an existing and realistically obtainable solution for quite a while. It'd make more sense to create something that isn't available, and the Mega/Sega CD is the way to go, IMO.

Boki

New Challenger
why don't you find a way to convert Megadrive, CPS roms to Neo-Geo? Or even emulating some functions? There is a small OS called linux, and you should convert it, or even to the neoSD, even you can add network support, for netplay and more, by using linux, converted to work on NeoGeo Bios.

Couldn't it be possible to use Mame drivers? I think factually everything is possible. Even more if you convert tools and Linux on Neo-Geo.

Even, ASM is used on Megadrive, so how could it be we can't convert Megadrive ASM to NeoGeo ASM?

Sonic 2 HD team said now the code of Sonic 2 is entirely "decrypted" (was it the right word?), and now they can port it on PC, and even get better graphics, it's what they called Sonic 2 HD
https://sonic2hd.com/progress/
So, factually, a Sonic 2 could be on Neo-Geo, and even with better graphics. It's a lot of work, for sure. Anyway, the most interesting is the fact to have megadrive games on Neo-Geo. I played on NeoGeoX Megadrive games, and then I realised, because of 3 buttons compatibility, you can play any megadrive game easily with the neo stick, and have fun. Hokuto No Ken was great on NeoGeo X, and other games of course. It was bizarre to use the stick to play the reprogrammed version of Art of Fighting, because in my mind I was playing a Neo, and in the facts I was playing a Megadrive... Anyway, anything you could make absolutely "mad" on my dear Neo-Geo would be greatly appreciated... I would even like if I could just use my Neo as a kind of Supergun, or if I could insert my Megadrive cart into an adapter for the Neo-Geo.

If you want to make money, give us something we don't have, that even the richest guy cannot afford, even if he haves the fullset. It's simple.

Boki

New Challenger
Yup. A Capcom CPS changer fullset, but instead of the small "inverted supergun", an adapter to put it on the NeoGeo, plus an adapter to use Snes Pads on NeoGeo AES. This would be simply amazing...

The power of Dreams... XD

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Might as well be asking to run N64 games on the Neo.

First off: you can’t run Linux on a regular 68000 cpu like what’s in the Neo Geo because a 68000 cpu lacks MMU (memory management unit). Linux requires it. Period.

And the idea of running Mame stuff on the Neo is also laughably stupid. There is no where near enough cpu power for that. Nor system memory. It’s not a general purpose computer.

And finally comparing running mega drive roms on the NeoGeoX has fuck all to do with the OG Neo.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I would even like if I could just use my Neo as a kind of Supergun, or if I could insert my Megadrive cart into an adapter for the Neo-Geo.
You know what makes a great supergun that already exists? Any number of superguns on the market. You know what a great way to play MD games is? A megadrive.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
If you want to make money, give us something we don't have, that even the richest guy cannot afford, even if he haves the fullset. It's simple.

Serious talk...are you a fucking retard?

Boki

New Challenger
I'm speaking about using a driver, not using Mame. Please, first read what I writed. Why a driver couldn't be converted, to use megadrive M68000 functions properly using the NeoGeo Bios? I'm not speaking about emulation, i'm speaking about conversion. Besides, M68000 Linux already exist :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0Y4vliJcQ

This is an example of what people do. Nobody said you can't add secondary chips, this is the magic of having a cartridge.

Remember the 32X, or even the Sega Saturn 4MB cartridge? Here, it's the same.
Even the mega CD show that you can always add everything you want on parralel. So, as i said before, factually anything is possible...

Last edited:

Boki

New Challenger
I hate megadrive, it's simple.

I want to play Megadrive like a Neo-Geo. It's a matter of win or loose, it's hard to explain to a gaïjin.

Here, when you play Last Blade, they speak about Seiryu, Byakki, Genbuu, Suzaku.

Megadrive is Kouryu, the final boss in Last Blade 2. Understood? If not, I can't be of more help.
Kouryu is stealing power from all other four beasts.

Boki

New Challenger
Serious talk...are you a fucking retard?

I your are not, why would I be? Excuse me, I see your avatar, and don't have anything against LGBT, but please stop harrassing me, I prefer women.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm speaking about using a driver, not using Mame. Please, first read what I writed. Why a driver couldn't be converted, to use megadrive M68000 functions properly using the NeoGeo Bios? I'm not speaking about emulation, i'm speaking about conversion. Besides, M68000 Linux already exist :)

Sounds pretty simple! Let us know when you've converted the driver.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I your are not, why would I be? Excuse me, I see your avatar, and don't have anything against LGBT, but please stop harrassing me, I prefer women.

How would TerraOnion make money if they made something that even the richest person couldn't afford? If the richest person can't buy it...that means no one would be able to buy it.

"The MC68020 (with the MC68851 memory management unit), MC68030, MC68040, MC68LC040 and MC68060 are the only CPUs in the 68000 family supported by Linux/m68k, because Linux (like other Unix-like operating systems) requires a memory management unit (MMU) for protected and virtual memory support."

These are not the same processors as the one in the Neo Geo.

Last edited:

Boki

New Challenger
I know about the processor. It's just I already seen the Linux Kernel for the 68k available on Kernel page for download. And, even, don't you know that in NeoSD, additional processors were used? To emulate some functions?

Why it couldn't be possible to use a processor to emulate missing 68k functions? It's the magic of cartridges.

This page in French speaks about patching the kernel to work without MMU.

http://softelec.pagesperso-orange.fr/Projects/LINUX/M68000/Kernel_comp.htm

And these all speaks about m68k

http://www.linux-m68k.org/

https://wiki.debian.org/M68k

https://www.debian.org/ports/m68k/

https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Status

https://www.google.fr/search?source....psy-ab..1.16.1169.0..0j0i10k1.71._S6JFXo1qxQ

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I just quoted you the specific processors. Click on that debian link, for example. It clearly states that the 68020, 68030, 68040 and 68060 processors from the m68k line are required. Let's ignore all that. Look at it from a business perspective. All that effort to develop the software and hardware costs money. That money would have to be offset enough by sales to create a profit. The vast majority of the people (i'll go out on a limb and say 99%) that are already in the retro gaming space and have interest in this either already have a genesis or would rather just buy one than buy whatever this thing would be. There is not enough of a market for TO to turn a profit. It just does not make sense.

Boki

New Challenger
Sounds pretty simple! Let us know when you've converted the driver.

I don't say it's simple. I say it's possible. I got some friends knowing ASM programming, but I need money even if I wanted to start something.

:) Me, I use Ruby XD that has nothing to do with ASM or even computers without OS'es...

There is an OS writed in ASM called menuet OS also. When you want it, you can, if you have money to live and to pay collaborators. That was the case for Terraonion, that wasn't my case, and I'm just a hobbyist programmer.

Boki

New Challenger
I know for the debian link, but everybody doesn't say that

http://softelec.pagesperso-orange.fr...ernel_comp.htm

These projects are forgotten, that's the point. On Debian page, it is said there is a try to revive these projects.
From basis, Debian is writed from Unix anyway, it changed later only to Linux. It means the structure can be specific.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Why in fucks name would I want to play megadrive games on my neo!?

Dont think I have ever said this before but I totally agree with madman!

The best console to play MD on is the MD!

Wana play N64 on a console? use a N64.

Playing MD games on a Neo is both pointless and stupid!

If you want to play games but not the way they are designed then use emulation.
Buy a Pi and play mame and mega drive to your hearts content.
Hell you could really push the boat out and play N64 to!

You could even track down a old BROKEN console and mount it inside that to make it look like something else.

The marvels of modern technology....

Boki

New Challenger
Financially, I would have added a processor, to emulate, and then send to be displayed on Neo-Geo.

There is an adaptor for using jamma on MVS Candy slot, so even, in the end, it would be maybe possible to use Neo-Geo as a bypass display. That is what I wanted to say while speaking about a kind of Supergun. But I still think it was possible to emulate via a processor then downscale colors and display to fit the Neo-Geo needs, meaning using the Neo-Geo processor for the display.Virtua Racing Cartridge for megadrive is a good example of what I mean. If the Genesis uses less colors, less capabilities, the external emulated display can be understand by the Neo-Geo. Using the Neo-Geo like a kind of graphic card (to display only), and an external processor to emulate all kinds of games.

I'm not an native English speaker, so maybe I wasn't really clear...

If you have an android compatible processor in NeoSD, technically it means that all android processor capabilities can be used. On mobile phones, you can have CPS2 games, Mame, magadrive, etc... The only problem is to display it.

Boki

New Challenger
Why in fucks name would I want to play megadrive games on my neo!?

Dont think I have ever said this before but I totally agree with madman!

The best console to play MD on is the MD!

Wana play N64 on a console? use a N64.

Playing MD games on a Neo is both pointless and stupid!

If you want to play games but not the way they are designed then use emulation.
Buy a Pi and play mame and mega drive to your hearts content.
Hell you could really push the boat out and play N64 to!

You could even track down a old BROKEN console and mount it inside that to make it look like something else.

The marvels of modern technology....

That is only your opinion. Know that the world is not based only on you. I WOULD want that, and you want something else. I don't see the point of answering me if you don't respond. Nobody asked you what I need to do. It's out of the subject. It's about what we would want from Terraonion. I want what I said before, that's all. Nothing of your concern.

For example I hate shooting games, and mostly play fighting games, that you can verify on my YT BokiBall TV, and I can say to you "Why would you need to have a military vehicle from a shooting game as an avatar? I hate it". It would be dumb, it doesn't concern me.

I have 4 megadrives (2 japanese MD1 and 2, one US Gen1, one French MD2). Don't you know that Sega tricked SNK? Sega had partnership with SNK, they said they wanted an exchange with SNK. Many SNK games were on Sega Saturn, but no Sega Saturn games for the NeoGeo CD

http://neogeocdworld.info/

"Au Jamma Show de septembre 1995, Sega et SNK ont tenu une conférence commune annonçant l’échange de titres, avec la convertion de titres Saturn sur NeoGeo (Maximun N°2), mais rien ne vit le jour dans ce sens. À l’inverse, SNK convertira ses exclusivités sur les consoles concurrentes avec plus ou moins de bonheur, ce qui aura plutôt tendance à desservir son image car la majorité des conversions PlayStation sont ratées, et de saborder encore plus ses consoles en lui enlevant son exclusivité."

Nothing has been done on the other side. This is why SNK buyed licenses for Neo-Geo Pocket, like Sonic or PacMan, to avoid that again.

I just want revenge... :blow_top: :thevt: :D :lolz:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
“We” dont want to play mega drive games on a Neo Geo.
YOU do.

WE want to play neo geo games on a neo geo, Ya know like it was designed for!

There is 0 point in playing mega drive games on a Neo Geo.

NONE!

It is a pointless exercise when the original hardware is cheap as chips to buy and you can much better emulate the mega drive on other systems.

Hell you can even emulate it on the damn Xbox so why in hells name would you want to emulate it on a Neo Geo flash card!?

Hell why dont you ask Krikzz if he can put Mega Drive compatibility on his SNES everdrive so you can play it on SNES!?

I know put SNES compatibility on the Everdrive X7 to when you are at it coz I sure want to pay extra money to play MD on my SNES!

Put it on everything because you can never have enough mega drive!

I am a Sega fan boy, You are a flaming idiot.