Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Why not throw a guess in along with everybody else.

Something that plugs into the back of the TG16/PCE and allows loading of CD games from SD with a HuCard to run it.

All I know is that a user was advised against going all in on a Duo in a different thread, for one unstated reason or another, and it seems like something that would be technically possible.

That's not really a guess if you've followed things. It's very probable.

Kriz hinted at it in the past and a JagCD project is coming so NeoSD doing a pce item first would / could / should be profitable.

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
That's not really a guess if you've followed things. It's very probable.

Kriz hinted at it in the past and a JagCD project is coming so NeoSD doing a pce item first would / could / should be profitable.

Can't argue with that too much. All I'll say is that it was a guess based on how little I've actively looked into the matter.

If nothing else, nice to know my deduction skills aren't awful, because I really just have been waiting to see when something concrete comes out. There were just so many guesses, I felt like adding one based on the one thing I had picked up on in another thread. :lolz:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Oh no, not meaning to be discouraging. In another thread someone was asking about PCE CDs and which unit to get.

Rot suggested they wait a little while. Most of us read into the statement. Too much, perhaps.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I remember when i showed a video of the new product to Rot,

He didn´t even knew what system it was for

So hilarious :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

So what you're saying is that it's a flash cartridge for a North Korean console that only LoneSage can import?

neosd

Neosd Developer
So what you're saying is that it's a flash cartridge for a North Korean console that only LoneSage can import?

I am saying that i am having a good time reading the coments, even this was not what we intented. We would have preffered to just show the new product and end the guesses.

Factory is finishing the mold as speaking, as soon as we have shells we will show the whole product. If we don´t have shells for the fist week of December (we should have it before btw), we will show the product and open sales.

First batch is going to be limited cause shells.
We are manufacturing shells in China (only shells, PCBS and soldering are being done in the same factories as NEOSD with the same quality). For the first batch we are going to ship those by UPS from China to Spain, this is expensive and we are only doing this to have a new product ready for christmass sales.

So the first batch will ship pretty fast but for the following batches we still have to find a cheaper way to ship the shells from China to Spain. We still don´t know the exact weight of the shells so we are waiting for that to ask for quotation.

Thanks

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

SO... you're telling me... the videos I have are of a washing machine capable of playing NES games?

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Note to myself: it's about a system Rot didn't even knew it was actually a system. Hmmm... that certainly narrows things ;).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Note to myself: it's about a system Rot didn't even knew it was actually a system. Hmmm... that certainly narrows things ;).

ACTUALLY... it doesn't narrow it down...

I own practically every system ever made... but as a mass hoarder... they are in storage and I only played a few systems...

I can say... i own this system... but have I played it? Nope:p

xROTx

PS. All I can say about the project is... I was mildly impressed... it should sell well and we're likely to have an influx of nubsters and "old" accounts logging back in...

ssjlance

It's from Thailand, not Korea, but maybe we can expect a Super A'Can flashcart.

acan.jpg

Obviously not this, of course. But actually would be pretty cool; the difficulty in tracking down games is what's always kept me from getting one of these systems.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
[...] it should sell well and we're likely to have an influx of nubsters and "old" accounts logging back in...
why would a PCE device flush in new blood... this gets more mysterious by the day. good.

tumblr_okg3v0LsNd1s4pxl4o1_500.gif

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
PS. All I can say about the project is... I was mildly impressed... it should sell well and we're likely to have an influx of nubsters and "old" accounts logging back in...

So I read this statement as a clear relation to the Neo Geo (in whatever kind). Why else would old-timers log back in? For a PC-Engine kinda thing. I doubt that.

Fingers crossed for the NGPC to RGB unit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's from Thailand, not Korea, but maybe we can expect a Super A'Can flashcart.

View attachment 47281

Obviously not this, of course. But actually would be pretty cool; the difficulty in tracking down games is what's always kept me from getting one of these systems.

Wasn't even referring to that but sure why not.

ssjlance

Wasn't even referring to that but sure why not.

No, I know you weren't referring to that, your post just made me think of that system; it's a relatively obscure cartridge based system from an Asian country that's not Japan.

My post was a lame attempt at a joke in response to yours, basically.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm going to guess NGCD optical drive emulator.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm all for little to no load time and having NGCD games on one USB stick or SD card. Though the fact that there's gonna be a shell for it makes me think that it's not going to be that, since ones for other consoles are just bare PCBs.

Like others have said, I'm willing to bet it's an FPGA replacement for the PC Engine Super CD unit. Would make sense for casing in that situation, since it wouldn't be inside of a console. If so, I hope it'd include extra video outputs like the DB Grafx Booster.