pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
[lights candle at altar and makes PC Engine hope prayer]

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
@ NeoSD

Do you think it would be possible for a neo geo device to be developed that allowed online play? If so do you think it could be AES\MVS Cross-Compatible?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
@ NeoSD

Do you think it would be possible for a neo geo device to be developed that allowed online play? If so do you think it could be AES\MVS Cross-Compatible?

Xian Xi brought this up a year or so back and the majority was not interested.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13

Yeah, there are ways to do that already that are not expensive.

Also, if I want my ass paddled, I don't necessarily need to by hardware.

Well, not electronic hardware anyway . . .

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I dont see it ever happening. Im jist curious if it would be possible. I think it would be more popular than a sample from here would predict. There are a lot of new young collectors on other neo groups that i think would be for the idea. A lot of the people here are just older and dont game as much as they use to. You'd be surprised at the number of people on fightcade playing Breakers online.

He would have to donate one to Metal Jesus for review.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Neosd is like a stripper... who only shows you a bit more flesh every time you visit...

...Consider this the fully clothed with the potential for a nipple shot... stage...

xROTx
Where's the room for private dances? From what I read, some here have been to it already...
Whatever - I'll put some tens in his pants! Or is that just an American thing?

P.S.: Asking cause you seem to know a lot about male strippers...

RyoGeo

I dont see it ever happening. Im jist curious if it would be possible. I think it would be more popular than a sample from here would predict. There are a lot of new young collectors on other neo groups that i think would be for the idea. A lot of the people here are just older and dont game as much as they use to. You'd be surprised at the number of people on fightcade playing Breakers online.

He would have to donate one to Metal Jesus for review.

That's actually what I mean though, greedo. With Fightcade, why would anyone buy hardware to do what Fightcade already does, young, old or otherwise?

Am I missing a nuance to your question?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
That's actually what I mean though, greedo. With Fightcade, why would anyone buy hardware to do what Fightcade already does, young, old or otherwise?

So they didnt have to play through emulation. And just to be able to play on real hardware.

RyoGeo

So they didnt have to play through emulation. And just to be able to play on real hardware.

Ah, ok. That makes sense, although, do whippersnappers care about such things anymore? I thought us old coots were the only ones to whom it mattered.

Are these godless kids becoming more cultured?

(disclaimer: there is no god)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Ah, ok. That makes sense, although, do whippersnappers care about such things anymore? I thought us old coots were the only ones to whom it mattered.

Are these godless kids becoming more cultured?

(disclaimer: there is no god)

For the most part they dont give a shit. But I think it might be different for people into fighting games due to emulator latency. I see a lot of talk in neo fb groups and the crt collective about neo geo latency with various rgb devices and television sets.

Last edited:

alienpdx

n00b
hi guys cant wait to show off those new pixels i put in the latest terraonion product.

the cutout word is... tamagotchi ! oh damn

no just kidding.

its a flashcart for slowjuicers with p2p support.

or a cd drive addon for the NES mini made from organic herbs.

im saying too much.

neosd

Neosd Developer
hi guys cant wait to show off those new pixels i put in the latest terraonion product.

no just kidding.

im saying too much.

WTF, i told you to not disclose the bluray drive for snes we are working at.

I said clear : don´t tell anyone about the Super SD Rom Station 5.

WTF !

alienpdx

n00b
dont worry, nobody will find out that its actually a floppy drive for the panasonic keyboard midi accentuator

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm hoping it's a solution to play PAL games correctly on an american Amiga.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Exactly

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Anything is possible but most of the ideas here have been of a 'if I want it then of course it'll sell well' quality. A hardware add-on to for the Neo to be online is just one of those ideas.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

no just kidding.

im saying too much.

Organic goodness FTW!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Anything is possible but most of the ideas here have been of a 'if I want it then of course it'll sell well' quality. A hardware add-on to for the Neo to be online is just one of those ideas.

I don't think I said it would be a smash hit. I just think it would be more popular than perceived here since most of us are older and don't game as much. We're talking about products designed for 20+ year old hardware. What's really going to make someone rich?

Online Sam Sho 2, in RGB, on real hardware. I'd be game.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't think I said it would be a smash hit. I just think it would be more popular than perceived here since most of us are older and don't game as much. We're talking about products designed for 20+ year old hardware. What's really going to make someone rich?

Online Sam Sho 2, in RGB, on real hardware. I'd be game.

No Doubt Greedo, I think it would be cool to play games online on old hardware. I just don't know if it would be that popular. I mean, We have some pretty nice Neo-Geo titles available on PSN, XBL, and Fightcade and sometimes you can't even find someone online to play and these games are very affordable. So I can't see it being any better on actual hardware. Just my 2cents.

mhell06

n00b
Maybe a device that let's you play online but is not hardware bound to a specific retro-console, like the Neo Geo? Something that e.g. intercepts button promts from the local player and recieves prompts from the online-opponent that is then sent to the player 2 controller port. I have no idea if it is possible/feasible at all and there have to be connectors for different controllers. The upside is of course that it could be attractive to a bigger market.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I dont understand how you guys could think a device that lets you play Neo games online from real hardware would even be feasible? The lag from inputs and display would be horrendous.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Maybe a device that let's you play online but is not hardware bound to a specific retro-console, like the Neo Geo? Something that e.g. intercepts button promts from the local player and recieves prompts from the online-opponent that is then sent to the player 2 controller port.

Sending controller input over internet connection has already been done. I don't remember who did this, but if memory serves, it was successfully used with a GameCube. Not that the platform matters. It's just controller data. This was before the era of Pi's and Arduinos, too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sending controller input over internet connection has already been done. I don't remember who did this, but if memory serves, it was successfully used with a GameCube.
Was it any good?