Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Was it any good?

It definitely worked and the games were playable. It was so long ago, I don't even remember what title or titles were demonstrated, but I remember it working and being intrigued by the possibilities. Of course, this is controller input only. It was demonstrated in such a way that the person playing could still see the game screen. While sending controller signal without significant lag wouldn't be much of a problem today, the image is another story. If you're playing 2P, both players are looking at the same screen. If the other player is somewhere else, what is he looking at?

To make this work, we'd need something that would sync all of the data between two consoles, like emulators do when playing online, waiting for the other platform if there's any lag, etc. This aspect kills the whole idea, because there's no way you could stream video fast enough for the other player to enjoy the game. Besides, why would anyone want to look at a video streamed from someone else's console? Yeah, this isn't happening.

Say Neogeo is done completely on FPGA.... Could two systems sync together via network to allow simultaneous 2 player use as if they are using the same machine? It would make all games instantly compatible and one doesn't have to stream the anything.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
Hi guys, i’ve just discovered this project. So, it will be revealed the new product by next 10 days?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
L6wqQy0.png

After measuring the obliterated space in the graphic the word in question should have six characters. So either NEOGEO or ARCADE ;)
SATURN would also be possible.

My stakes are on NEOGEO. The hint from Rot with the NeoSD team getting their ass beat sounds like fighting games = Neo Geo.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
Neo geo again? They have already built NeoSD...i think that they will produc a different sustem...or not?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Neo geo again? They have already built NeoSD...i think that they will produc a different sustem...or not?

One day... we're gonna have to sit down and chat about why you would post something so dumb...

xROTx

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
It says "TERRA ONION" so... the "world" and a vegetable that has a lot of layers. Network traffic also has a lot of layers - therefore I say it is a device that allows multiplayer over the net for consoles which are not designed to allow so by introducing a new version of the OSI model, putting a new Level 6 presentation layer on top of the level 5 session layer - the so called UHDACL (Ultra High Density Arcade Competition Layer).
They designed a new algorithm for this layer to allow for extreme compression in a limited color environment, which is therefore perfectly tailored for those older Arcade games.
(for those still wondering: yes, this total bullshit and I have no clue what it will be but curious as everyone else)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
After measuring the obliterated space in the graphic the word in question should have six characters. So either NEOGEO or ARCADE ;)
SATURN would also be possible.

My stakes are on NEOGEO. The hint from Rot with the NeoSD team getting their ass beat sounds like fighting games = Neo Geo.

Seven characters based on the missing space.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Onions make you cry. I kinda hope it's just a bumper sticker with the logo at this point.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The guessing in this thread makes me LOL for realz.

Like watching a kid trying to determine what’s in a wrapped Christmas present by weighing and measuring it.

:keke:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So when’s the drop?

Neosd says about the first week of December... he wants to make sure it's ready to go... and you don't have to wait on shells and stuff like last time..

xROTx

PS. Of course i know what it is...

...It's a device that allows you to play N64 games in your microwave....

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Neosd says about the first week of December... he wants to make sure it's ready to go... and you don't have to wait on shells and stuff like last time..

xROTx

Microwaving crappy N64 games is something I can get behind.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

I already played with the thought of putting N64 games into a microwave. Quality oblige.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
If this doesn't draw madman out...

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
Why not throw a guess in along with everybody else.

Something that plugs into the back of the TG16/PCE and allows loading of CD games from SD with a HuCard to run it.

All I know is that a user was advised against going all in on a Duo in a different thread, for one unstated reason or another, and it seems like something that would be technically possible.