Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I would assume only the ones that use the netdimm would work with triforce and chihiro, so both Chihiro and Triforce Type 1 games only. It would be worth it to me because:

1) Probably wouldn't need the battery that the netdimm has, so previously loaded game would not be erased if the board has not been booted in a few days, and one less battery to worry about
2) Once the game is loaded, it should work just like a cart (like the cart conversions of gd games)
3) Ability to swap games without restarting the mobo
4) Ability to select bios from the game select screen (like neo sd)
6) If board requires less power, you should be able to run with the capcom I/O
5) Possible access to game soundtracks via jukebox mode
6) Ability to load games that require the 1 gb memory without buying more stuff (chihiro)

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

But yeah, a multicart would be well worth it. On a side note I wish I wasn't so damn broke right now since there's a Naomi 2 board with a Net DIMM for sale in Sacramento right now.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I would assume only the ones that use the netdimm would work with triforce and chihiro, so both Chihiro and Triforce Type 1 games only.

Yeah, well, obviously. Non-type 1 boards [Type 3] have their own built in memory [like an integrated DIMM], which can also be netbooted, so no need for either a NetDIMM or a flash cartridge.

Probably wouldn't need the battery that the netdimm has, so previously loaded game would not be erased if the board has not been booted in a few days, and one less battery to worry about

Having the last flashed game in memory sure is convenient, but my Pi + NetDIMM flash times are by no means a deal breaker. Besides, this is arcade, not a MAME cab. You're supposed to play one game, not swap roms every fifteen seconds like some emu-YouTube yell-at-the-screen brat. I can certainly wait a minute or two. Triforce and Chihiro games can be quite large, and they still flash pretty quickly. If I can survive swapping CPS3 games every once in a while, this is not a problem, at all.

Ability to select bios from the game select screen (like neo sd)

What do you mean? How can you select BIOS from NeoSD's screen? Unless you mean AES/MVS and region. Would having a flash cartridge for Naomi guarantee you get the same ability? I'm not sure how Naomi handles regions, but I always thought the releases were region specific, and didn't contain all regions, or at least JP/EN, which would boot according to the BIOS language.

If board requires less power, you should be able to run with the capcom I/O

Naomi is the only board requiring aux power to run a NetDIMM. Naomi 2, Chihiro and Triforce don't. I don't have a Naomi power supply, so I'm running power from a PC supply, via supergun and Capcom I/O. Everything works fine. Besides, if you're planning on playing Naomi games, there is no reason why you would choose Naomi over Naomi 2.

Possible access to game soundtracks via jukebox mode

This would only work for compressed audio, which in many cases with Naomi games would be ADX, but not all games work like that. Some use sequenced instruments. Who is listening to music on their arcade machine, anyway?

This post wasn't meant to counter everything you said, by the way. It was just easier to respond in this fashion. Like I said, I wouldn't mind having a Naomi flash cartridge as an extra unit, if the price was right.

Chat has stopped working for me since a few months at least. Gives me a white screen and tried multiple browsers.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Chat has stopped working for me since a few months at least. Gives me a white screen and tried multiple browsers.

If you're using Chrome... please go into Advance settings and activate Flash...

Chrome seems to work best with our chat room currently..

Any chance we can have a price on the new item?

WELL... you missed the fun in chat last night when Neosd announced it to the chat crew...

BUT... as always... what is said in chat usually stays in chat:keke:...

xROTx

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
If you're using Chrome... please go into Advance settings and activate Flash...

Chrome seems to work best with our chat room currently..

WELL... you missed the fun in chat last night when Neosd announced it to the chat crew...

BUT... as always... what is said in chat usually stays in chat:keke:...

xROTx

Fair enough.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I think... Neosd is awaiting some parts... but will announce in approximately 2 weeks even if they don't come...

xROTx

we are waiting for the shells, if those dosen´t arrive at the end of the first week of december, we will show it anyways

Our intention is not show only the pcb but the whole product with shells and box.

Thanks

Thanks

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
we are waiting for the shells, if those dosen´t arrive at the end of the first week of december, we will show it anyways

Our intention is not show only the pcb but the whole product with shells and box.

Thanks

Thanks

Sounds like a plan!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yep, Christmas is coming a bit earlier this year ;).

I anounce that we will anounce our anouncement as soon as we have shells (about 7th of december) ;)

I asume you guys want to see what you are going to get shipped it isn´t ?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I asume you guys want to see what you are going to get shipped it isn´t ?

Naw... I'm good...

The lads don't wanna know that much anyway... they're a patient bunch of nerds..:keke:

xROTx

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i'm glad i have no use for the upcomin device and can save my money
gl with the sale anyway - im sure the product will kick ass!

PS: ah not banned <3 rot <3

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
i'm glad i have no use for the upcomin device and can save my money
gl with the sale anyway - im sure the product will kick ass!

PS: ah not banned <3 rot <3

Rot,

He said he is not going to buy it.

This is bad advertishing for us, could you please ban him ?

We don´t like people here saying such things or asking so much

Thanks

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Curious what he posted now lol. How anyone can have anything bad to say about terra onion products is quite honestly beyond me. Always drama on here!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot getting trolled on a site where he's king... KKKIINNGG!!!

..it seems like rep means nothing nowadays:(

On a more positive note... the device is pretty damn good... everyone in chat is gonna try and get it FIRST batch... it's worth it...

xROTx