Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 556

Thread: Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

  1. #526
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by trenton_net View Post
    To be honest, I was hoping that since they got SSDS3 working with SD Cards that most of the work would have already been done already. I could imagine that if they had a USB port instead of an SD card slot, people could plug in whatever they want (SD Card reader, HDD, CD-ROM, etc) and have it work. If not right away, at least in the future with firmware updates? (wishful thinking). (^_^);
    SD is the way to go for us.

    The entire PC Engine collection fits into a 256gb microsd and 512gbs microsd are already anounced ...
    We donīt have plans for anything that uses usb for storing games at.

    Alex,
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?



    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  2. #527
    Kula's Candy
    donluca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rome

    Posts
    292
    Just a thought thrown out there:

    I see several products using SDs are they are (rightfully) the most convenient way to load your game library onto flashcarts (I mean, every single flashcart I know are using them), but in this age people are starting to archiving complete sets on their NAS/Fileserver and almost everyone has a wi-fi network at home.

    It would be awesome in the future to see flashcarts which are able to connect to your home network and fetch the games via wi-fi without having to buy and transfer lots of files onto the support (which is often a one-time thing, but sometimes sets get corrected/updated and, most importantly, homebrew would highly benefit from this).

    Wishing all goes for the best and you guys became a very successful company, I'd love to see flashcarts for MegaDrive, SNES, etc. which are able to load games via network in the future.

  3. #528
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new york

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    Just a thought thrown out there:

    I see several products using SDs are they are (rightfully) the most convenient way to load your game library onto flashcarts (I mean, every single flashcart I know are using them), but in this age people are starting to archiving complete sets on their NAS/Fileserver and almost everyone has a wi-fi network at home.

    It would be awesome in the future to see flashcarts which are able to connect to your home network and fetch the games via wi-fi without having to buy and transfer lots of files onto the support (which is often a one-time thing, but sometimes sets get corrected/updated and, most importantly, homebrew would highly benefit from this).

    Wishing all goes for the best and you guys became a very successful company, I'd love to see flashcarts for MegaDrive, SNES, etc. which are able to load games via network in the future.
    Please don't spend 1 minute of your time on this garbage. If you're too lazy/dumb to copy and paste files onto a card, and think moving a small card around once in a while is somehow less convenient than setting up some wifi server, you don't deserve to use a flash card.

  4. #529
    Crazed MVS Addict
    CZroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Newnan, GA, USA

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    Just a thought thrown out there:

    I see several products using SDs are they are (rightfully) the most convenient way to load your game library onto flashcarts (I mean, every single flashcart I know are using them), but in this age people are starting to archiving complete sets on their NAS/Fileserver and almost everyone has a wi-fi network at home.

    It would be awesome in the future to see flashcarts which are able to connect to your home network and fetch the games via wi-fi without having to buy and transfer lots of files onto the support (which is often a one-time thing, but sometimes sets get corrected/updated and, most importantly, homebrew would highly benefit from this).

    Wishing all goes for the best and you guys became a very successful company, I'd love to see flashcarts for MegaDrive, SNES, etc. which are able to load games via network in the future.
    WiFi SD cards have been a thing for, like, a decade.
    -El Duderino (not into the whole "brevity" thing)

  5. #530
    Kula's Candy
    donluca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rome

    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    WiFi SD cards have been a thing for, like, a decade.
    This is the exact opposite of what I was saying.

    Those WiFi SD cards create their own wi-fi network which you can access with a computer/smartphone and put stuff in it without taking them out.

    What I'm saying is having a device which connects to YOUR home wifi network and has access to YOUR NAS content.

  6. #531
    Crazed MVS Addict
    SavagePencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA

    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    SD is the way to go for us.

    The entire PC Engine collection fits into a 256gb microsd and 512gbs microsd are already anounced ...
    We donīt have plans for anything that uses usb for storing games at.

    Alex,
    Will the new device work with a 256GB SD card, or is there a size limit?

  7. #532
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePencil View Post
    Will the new device work with a 256GB SD card, or is there a size limit?
    Quoted... for prosperity...

  8. #533
    Disciple Of Orochi
    fenikso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wandering through quiet lands

    Posts
    3,293
    256GB should be fine.

  9. #534
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by fenikso View Post
    256GB should be fine.
    COME ON... let's get with the plan...

    Member since 2005... asking a question that has not only been answered a few times... i do believe it's in the PDF manual...

    It's shit like this that irritates me...

    xROTx

    PS. Tempted to give him a custom rank... Savagepencil "Likes Paper & Pencil. Can't read web pages. Autism is REAL!."

  10. #535
    Crazed MVS Addict
    SavagePencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA

    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    COME ON... let's get with the plan...

    Member since 2005... asking a question that has not only been answered a few times... i do believe it's in the PDF manual...

    It's shit like this that irritates me...

    xROTx

    PS. Tempted to give him a custom rank... Savagepencil "Likes Paper & Pencil. Can't read web pages. Autism is REAL!."
    Shit, you are right...right there in the manual. I apologize.

    (if I were *truly* autistic, I would have known!)

  11. #536
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePencil View Post
    Shit, you are right...right there in the manual. I apologize.

    (if I were *truly* autistic, I would have known!)
    You're lucky I'm generally relaxing... just sayin' man...

    xROTx

    PS. Meh... free pass...

  12. #537
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL

    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Quoted... for prosperity...
    Quoted for posterity
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    Non dilated pupils pic=Challenge. I got a hundred dollar cd.

  13. #538
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Neo NooNaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Quoted... for prosperity...
    LOL

    Regarding the SMB or other networking thing, I agree that dev cycles are hard enough without delving into those areas. That said, personally, I've got a lot of these things and it would be AWESOME to not have to update the FW and/or romsets with physical media anymore.

  14. #539
    There can be only one. Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

    Posts
    5,825
    It's been a couple days so SavagePencil got off.

    It's when we have 3 or more in 24 hours that you'd better watch out.

  15. #540
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo NooNaN View Post
    LOL

    Regarding the SMB or other networking thing, I agree that dev cycles are hard enough without delving into those areas. That said, personally, I've got a lot of these things and it would be AWESOME to not have to update the FW and/or romsets with physical media anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    It's been a couple days so SavagePencil got off.

    It's when we have 3 or more in 24 hours that you'd better watch out.
    The way I see this situ... is that Neosd, his team and some members have posted all these questions being asked...

    ...I'm old and grumpy... but I still read the forums and it irritates me when others don't...

    SURE... you can argue there's lots of posts BUT... I find it helps to get to know the forum if you read it... you get the "vibe" that way and it helps you understand the forum and scene better...

    I'm not a monster... but in reality... I do get irritated when people don't have the same old school forum style mentality...

    This aint facebook or twitter etc etc... it's a forum and community... and hence, asking the same questions over and over again will eventually aggravate me...

    xROTx

    PS. I notice Neosd will post on questions that have not been asked or are important enough to answer...

    BUT... how would you guys feel if you keep seeing the same ass "... Z'OMG... how big an SD card can I use..".. or... "when is my shit being shipped"... type posts?

  16. #541
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    trenton_net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

    Posts
    70
    Perhaps a side question (I apologize if it's be already asked or addressed): Could the SSS3 be updated via firmware to have a HuCard dumping feature? It might be handy when you want to dump a prototype card or just take a clean/verified dump of something.

  17. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by trenton_net View Post
    Perhaps a side question (I apologize if it's be already asked or addressed): Could the SSS3 be updated via firmware to have a HuCard dumping feature? It might be handy when you want to dump a prototype card or just take a clean/verified dump of something.
    The main issue is that when a hucard is inserted, the hucard owns the bus, so the ssds3 can't execute its own code. If only we could be able to run a small piece of code, that will work, but it's currently not possible. Only booting without a hucard and inserting it while running would work, but hot-pluggint it is not good for the hucard.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  18. #543
    Crazed MVS Addict
    CZroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Newnan, GA, USA

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by neodev View Post
    The main issue is that when a hucard is inserted, the hucard owns the bus, so the ssds3 can't execute its own code. If only we could be able to run a small piece of code, that will work, but it's currently not possible. Only booting without a hucard and inserting it while running would work, but hot-pluggint it is not good for the hucard.
    How does the UpperGrafx/UperGrafx accomplish HuCard dumping? Even UGX-01 supports it ( “unofficially”). I assume UGX-02 does as well.
    -El Duderino (not into the whole "brevity" thing)

  19. #544
    Crazed MVS Addict
    CZroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Newnan, GA, USA

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    This is the exact opposite of what I was saying.

    Those WiFi SD cards create their own wi-fi network which you can access with a computer/smartphone and put stuff in it without taking them out.

    What I'm saying is having a device which connects to YOUR home wifi network and has access to YOUR NAS content.
    Their primary purpose is to offload your camera pics wirelessly but Iím sure itís possible to have your PC sync files with a folder on your network or local HDD. I donít see why it needs to operate any differently to give your flashcart arbitrary access to a network share. Just because the card doesnít access and present the network share itself doesnít mean you canít use it with PC software to accomplish effectively the same thing.

    The WiFi SD cards definitely do connect to your home network.
    -El Duderino (not into the whole "brevity" thing)

  20. #545
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    CZroe... the devices are what they are... you buy them or NOT!

    You play games with them... so I find this line of questioning .... annoying...

    Take that as you like but i'm not the person you should be replying to with bullshit...

  21. #546
    Geese's Thug
    SNK_Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland.

    Posts
    275
    Received my unit today. Only put four CD games on it for now as I don't want to do the whole too much choice, not putting the proper play time in to a title trap. Years ago I had an almost complete PCE collection, so went with some all time favourite games. The device is outstanding, perfect reproduction on the games, loading even better than many of the CD-Rom units these days and the RGB is top notch. Well played again NeoSD, with this and my Neo cart I have the perfect retro set up.

  22. #547
    Crazed MVS Addict
    CZroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Newnan, GA, USA

    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    CZroe... the devices are what they are... you buy them or NOT!

    You play games with them... so I find this line of questioning .... annoying...

    Take that as you like but i'm not the person you should be replying to with bullshit...
    Genuinely confused. I responded to NeoSD and trenton_net. Do you have me confused with someone else? I had not responded to you.

    They gave trenton_net an engineering reason why dumping HuCards safely was not possible. I asked them about a similar product that seems to be able to do it in case it could lead to an engineering breakthrough that potentially allows it on Super SD System 3. Not sure how it would be a bad thing. The more bullet points they can cover the less reason anyone has to consider the UGX-01/02. If they can’t add it, I’m fine with the functionality given just like you are, but we obviously can’t speak for everyone.

    Perhaps UGX-01/02 does it the unsafe way they describe. If so, it’d be good to know for anyone who might be considering a UGX-02 instead. It was an extremely relevant response to the exact discussion they were having, so I thought it was potentially helpful.

    A lot of devices intended for playing games can also dump them, including Bung Multi-Game Doctor≤ with Neo Geo AES Adapter, Mr. Backup Z64, Super UFO Pro88, GB Xchanger, RetroN5/RetroFreak, etc. Dumping definitely serves your stated goal of using it for playing games, especially if you have an undumped prototype (I have a few myself).

    Hopefully this will explain the reasoning behind trenton_net‘s question and how such a feature can enable us to play even more games with it (its intended use).

    Edit:
    I see now that you may have been talking about either of my recent posts and not specifically the one about dumping HuCards. The other post was about equipping your Super SD System 3 with a WiFi SD card so that it can play games from a folder on the network with no need to fit them all on the card. It was even more relevant to playing games, since I was telling donluca how he might get what he wanted without having to bug Terra Onion for the feature. Just suggesting the SD card that does what he needs, though it’ll probably need an adapter if it works at all (doubt they make mSD versions).
    Last edited by CZroe; 03-17-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    -El Duderino (not into the whole "brevity" thing)

  23. #548
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Genuinely confused. I responded to NeoSD and trenton_net. Do you have me confused with someone else? I had not responded to you.

    They gave trenton_net an engineering reason why dumping HuCards safely was not possible. I asked them about a similar product that seems to be able to do it in case it could lead to an engineering breakthrough that potentially allows it on Super SD System 3. Not sure how it would be a bad thing. The more bullet points they can cover the less reason anyone has to consider the UGX-01/02. If they can’t add it, I’m fine with the functionality given just like you are, but we obviously can’t speak for everyone.

    Perhaps UGX-01/02 does it the unsafe way they describe. If so, it’d be good to know for anyone who might be considering a UGX-02 instead. It was an extremely relevant response to the exact discussion they were having, so I thought it was potentially helpful.

    A lot of devices intended for playing games can also dump them, including Bung Multi-Game Doctor≤ with Neo Geo AES Adapter, Mr. Backup Z64, Super UFO Pro88, GB Xchanger, RetroN5/RetroFreak, etc. Dumping definitely serves your stated goal of using it for playing games, especially if you have an undumped prototype (I have a few myself).

    Hopefully this will explain the reasoning behind trenton_net‘s question and how such a feature can enable us to play even more games with it (its intended use).
    STFU... already...

    SERIOUSLY.... I am NOT in the mood...

    Take the warning... as NEXT time I read one of your posts... (and I will do...)... it'd better be something bland and not likely to get you a nice holiday...

  24. #549
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    ...

    Posts
    1,743
    Yeah stop having rational thoughts or questions that could have a useful answer or else. Maybe next you'll get accused of being a NGFL troll and get booted for that too.

  25. #550
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Yeah stop having rational thoughts or questions that could have a useful answer or else. Maybe next you'll get accused of being a NGFL troll and get booted for that too.
    War room lock... Perma...

    NEXT mother fucker please....

    xROTx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •