Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 258

Thread: Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

  1. #151
    KING of BLING
    [place bling here]
    pixeljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in a glass of Orval

    Posts
    5,233
    [lights candle at altar and makes PC Engine hope prayer]
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

  2. #152
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,656
    @ NeoSD

    Do you think it would be possible for a neo geo device to be developed that allowed online play? If so do you think it could be AES\MVS Cross-Compatible?

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  3. #153
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,409
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    @ NeoSD

    Do you think it would be possible for a neo geo device to be developed that allowed online play? If so do you think it could be AES\MVS Cross-Compatible?
    Xian Xi brought this up a year or so back and the majority was not interested.

  4. #154
    Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason
    RyoGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    PDX, Ore

    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Xian Xi brought this up a year or so back and the majority was not interested.
    Yeah, there are ways to do that already that are not expensive.

    Also, if I want my ass paddled, I don't necessarily need to by hardware.

    Well, not electronic hardware anyway . . .

  5. #155
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Xian Xi brought this up a year or so back and the majority was not interested.
    I dont see it ever happening. Im jist curious if it would be possible. I think it would be more popular than a sample from here would predict. There are a lot of new young collectors on other neo groups that i think would be for the idea. A lot of the people here are just older and dont game as much as they use to. You'd be surprised at the number of people on fightcade playing Breakers online.

    He would have to donate one to Metal Jesus for review.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  6. #156
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Neosd is like a stripper... who only shows you a bit more flesh every time you visit...

    ...Consider this the fully clothed with the potential for a nipple shot... stage...

    xROTx
    Where's the room for private dances? From what I read, some here have been to it already...
    Whatever - I'll put some tens in his pants! Or is that just an American thing?

    P.S.: Asking cause you seem to know a lot about male strippers...

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason
    RyoGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    PDX, Ore

    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    I dont see it ever happening. Im jist curious if it would be possible. I think it would be more popular than a sample from here would predict. There are a lot of new young collectors on other neo groups that i think would be for the idea. A lot of the people here are just older and dont game as much as they use to. You'd be surprised at the number of people on fightcade playing Breakers online.

    He would have to donate one to Metal Jesus for review.
    That's actually what I mean though, greedo. With Fightcade, why would anyone buy hardware to do what Fightcade already does, young, old or otherwise?

    Am I missing a nuance to your question?

  8. #158
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoGeo View Post
    That's actually what I mean though, greedo. With Fightcade, why would anyone buy hardware to do what Fightcade already does, young, old or otherwise?

    Am I missing a nuance to your question?
    So they didnt have to play through emulation. And just to be able to play on real hardware.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  9. #159
    Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason
    RyoGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    PDX, Ore

    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    So they didnt have to play through emulation. And just to be able to play on real hardware.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense, although, do whippersnappers care about such things anymore? I thought us old coots were the only ones to whom it mattered.

    Are these godless kids becoming more cultured?

    (disclaimer: there is no god)

  10. #160
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoGeo View Post
    Ah, ok. That makes sense, although, do whippersnappers care about such things anymore? I thought us old coots were the only ones to whom it mattered.

    Are these godless kids becoming more cultured?

    (disclaimer: there is no god)
    For the most part they dont give a shit. But I think it might be different for people into fighting games due to emulator latency. I see a lot of talk in neo fb groups and the crt collective about neo geo latency with various rgb devices and television sets.
    Last edited by greedostick; 11-10-2017 at 02:33 PM.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  11. #161
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    cyberspace

    Posts
    7
    hi guys cant wait to show off those new pixels i put in the latest terraonion product.

    the cutout word is... tamagotchi ! oh damn

    no just kidding.

    its a flashcart for slowjuicers with p2p support.

    or a cd drive addon for the NES mini made from organic herbs.

    im saying too much.

  12. #162
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by alienpdx View Post
    hi guys cant wait to show off those new pixels i put in the latest terraonion product.

    the cutout word is... tamagotchi ! oh damn

    no just kidding.

    its a flashcart for slowjuicers with p2p support.

    or a cd drive addon for the NES mini made from organic herbs.

    im saying too much.

    WTF, i told you to not disclose the bluray drive for snes we are working at.

    I said clear : donīt tell anyone about the Super SD Rom Station 5.

    WTF !
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  13. #163
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    cyberspace

    Posts
    7
    dont worry, nobody will find out that its actually a floppy drive for the panasonic keyboard midi accentuator

  14. #164
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,656
    I'm hoping it's a solution to play PAL games correctly on an american Amiga.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  15. #165
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,409
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoGeo View Post
    That's actually what I mean though, greedo. With Fightcade, why would anyone buy hardware to do what Fightcade already does, young, old or otherwise?

    Am I missing a nuance to your question?
    Exactly

  16. #166
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AUST

    Posts
    10,055
    Anything is possible but most of the ideas here have been of a 'if I want it then of course it'll sell well' quality. A hardware add-on to for the Neo to be online is just one of those ideas.



    For the tunes lovers!

  17. #167
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    WTF, i told you to not disclose the bluray drive for snes we are working at.

    I said clear : donīt tell anyone about the Super SD Rom Station 5.

    WTF !

    Lolz
    Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!


    [Rot] 1:50 pm: ladyboys are HAWT!

  18. #168
    B. Jenet's Firstmate

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pico Rivera, CA.

    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by alienpdx View Post
    hi guys cant wait to show off those new pixels i put in the latest terraonion product.

    the cutout word is... tamagotchi ! oh damn

    no just kidding.

    its a flashcart for slowjuicers with p2p support.

    or a cd drive addon for the NES mini made from organic herbs.

    im saying too much.
    Organic goodness FTW!

  19. #169
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Londo Ruins

    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Anything is possible but most of the ideas here have been of a 'if I want it then of course it'll sell well' quality. A hardware add-on to for the Neo to be online is just one of those ideas.
    I don't think I said it would be a smash hit. I just think it would be more popular than perceived here since most of us are older and don't game as much. We're talking about products designed for 20+ year old hardware. What's really going to make someone rich?

    Online Sam Sho 2, in RGB, on real hardware. I'd be game.
    Last edited by greedostick; 11-10-2017 at 08:39 PM.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  20. #170
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,409
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    I don't think I said it would be a smash hit. I just think it would be more popular than perceived here since most of us are older and don't game as much. We're talking about products designed for 20+ year old hardware. What's really going to make someone rich?

    Online Sam Sho 2, in RGB, on real hardware. I'd be game.
    No Doubt Greedo, I think it would be cool to play games online on old hardware. I just don't know if it would be that popular. I mean, We have some pretty nice Neo-Geo titles available on PSN, XBL, and Fightcade and sometimes you can't even find someone online to play and these games are very affordable. So I can't see it being any better on actual hardware. Just my 2cents.

  21. #171
    Bashful Neophyte

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sweden

    Posts
    12
    Maybe a device that let's you play online but is not hardware bound to a specific retro-console, like the Neo Geo? Something that e.g. intercepts button promts from the local player and recieves prompts from the online-opponent that is then sent to the player 2 controller port. I have no idea if it is possible/feasible at all and there have to be connectors for different controllers. The upside is of course that it could be attractive to a bigger market.

  22. #172
    Mature's Make-Up Artist
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky

    Posts
    1,358
    I dont understand how you guys could think a device that lets you play Neo games online from real hardware would even be feasible? The lag from inputs and display would be horrendous.
    Last edited by Niko; 11-11-2017 at 11:45 AM.

  23. #173
    Kula's Candy
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by mhell06 View Post
    Maybe a device that let's you play online but is not hardware bound to a specific retro-console, like the Neo Geo? Something that e.g. intercepts button promts from the local player and recieves prompts from the online-opponent that is then sent to the player 2 controller port.
    Sending controller input over internet connection has already been done. I don't remember who did this, but if memory serves, it was successfully used with a GameCube. Not that the platform matters. It's just controller data. This was before the era of Pi's and Arduinos, too.

  24. #174
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Sending controller input over internet connection has already been done. I don't remember who did this, but if memory serves, it was successfully used with a GameCube.
    Was it any good?

  25. #175
    Lazy SNK Employee
    dkarDaGobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    59
    so noone expects a nintendo virtual boy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy ) multicard?
    NeoGeo CMVS MV4F /w modded ArcadeStick + newstyle Stick
    Amiga 500 rev.7 incl. Pyramid Eureka 4MB FastRam + Indivision ECS; Minimig 4MB incl. ARM.
    PAL SNES, RGB-mod. N64, <3 Framemeister <3, WiiU

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 1 guests)

  1. fenikso,
  2. greedostick,
  3. sr20det510

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •